Luxor International Airport
Luxor International Airport (IATA: LXR, ICAO: HELX) is the main airport serving the city of Luxor, Egypt. It is located four miles (6 km) east of the city. Many charter airlines use the airport, as it is a popular tourist destination for those visiting the River Nile and the Valley of the Kings.
Luxor International Airport
|Airport type||Public, Military|
|Operator||Egyptian Airport Company|
|Elevation AMSL||294 ft / 90 m|
In 2005 the airport was upgraded to accommodate up to 8 million passengers a year. Facilities for passengers include 48 check-in desks, 8 gates, 5 baggage claim belts, a post office, a bank, a Bureau de change, an auto exchange machine (CIB), restaurants, cafeterias, a VIP Lounge, a duty-free shop, a newsagent/tobacconist, a chemist shop, a gift shop, a travel agency, a tourist help desk, car rental, first aid, a baby/parent Room, disabled access/facilities and a business centre.
Facilities for cargo include refrigerated storage, animal quarantine, livestock handling, health officials, X-Ray equipment, and fumigation equipment. The cargo terminal handling agent for the airport is EgyptAir Cargo.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Air Arabia Egypt|| Kuwait |
Seasonal: Sharm El Sheikh
Seasonal charter: Paris–Charles De Gaulle
|AlMasria Universal Airlines||Seasonal: Cairo|
|ASL Airlines France||Seasonal charter: Paris–Charles de Gaulle|
|EgyptAir|| Cairo |
Seasonal: London–Heathrow, Paris–Charles De Gaulle
|FlyEgypt||Seasonal charter: Paris-Charles De Gaulle|
|Neos||Seasonal: Milan–Malpensa, Verona (begins 12 March 2020)|
|Nile Air||Cairo, Jeddah, Kuwait|
|TUI fly Belgium||Brussels|
|TUI fly Deutschland||Seasonal: Frankfurt|
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- Luxor Airport, official web site - no longer an official web site
- Airport information for HELX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LXR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "History of Luxor Airport (LXR): Airport History and Facts, Luxor Area, Egypt". www.luxor-lux.airports-guides.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Luxor Airport (LXR) Airlines and Terminals: Airlines at Airports in Luxor Area, Egypt". www.luxor-lux.airports-guides.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Flight". airarabia.com.
- "Flights from Paris - Timetables and information". www.parisaeroport.fr.
- "Air Cairo W18 network additions". routesonline.com.
- "Leisure flights - Charter flights". aslairlines.fr.
- "EGYPTAIR resumes Paris – Luxor sector from Oct 2019". routesonline.com. 5 July 2019.
- "Flight Times". neosair.it/en.
- "Nile Air adds Jeddah from Dec 2018". RoutesOnline. 26 December 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "Nile Air expands Kuwait service from August 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- "Flight". fti.de. 14 October 2018.
- "Five dead in Ukrainian plane fire at Luxor airport – Summary". The Earth Times. Retrieved 20 February 2009.