Air Cairo is a low fare airline based in Cairo, Egypt. The airline is part owned by EgyptAir. Air Cairo operates scheduled flights to the Middle East and Europe and also operates charter flights to Egypt from Europe on behalf of tour operators. Its main base is Cairo International Airport with the company head office in the Sheraton Heliopolis Zone.
National Bank of Egypt
|Key people||Yasser Elramly (CEO)|
Recently, the company is re-modeling towards the low fare model which is planned to be the strongest low fare airline in Egypt. On 1 June 2012 Air Cairo launched its first ever scheduled flight from Borg El Arab Airport Alexandria to Kuwait International Airport, Queen Alia International Airport, King Abdulaziz International Airport, Tripoli International Airport, Sabha Airport, Misrata Airport and King Khaled International Airport. Air Cairo also launched its scheduled flights from Hurghada International Airport to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. But those flights were suspended in the end of December 2015 due to poor loads.
On 5 November 2018, it was reported that the German aviation authority had banned Air Cairo - along with FlyEgypt - from flying to Germany, where it operated on behalf of German tour operators, due to regulatory violations. Shortly afterwards major European tour operators such has Thomas Cook Group and TUI Group announced they would end their contracts with Air Cairo and FlyEgypt.
As of April 2019, Air Cairo operates scheduled services - without leisure charters - to the following airports:
- "Airlines based in Egypt: Air Cairo". airlineupdate. Retrieved 12 June 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "." Air Cairo. Retrieved on 2 May 2010.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. pp. 53–54.
- "Er Kairo otkazao sve letove iz BG". b92.net.
- airliners.de - "Two Egypt carriers banned from landing in Germany" 5 December 2018
- ch-aviation.com - TUI Group, Thomas Cook drop use of FlyEgypt, Air Cairo 11 December 2018
- "Egypt's Air Cairo to add wet-leased Embraer capacity in 2Q19". ch-aviation.com. 18 March 2019.
- "Air Cairo". www.flyaircairo.com.
- "Air Cairo adds Armenia service from June 2017". routesonline.com.
- "Air Cairo S17 Europe service additions". routesonline.com.
- "Air Cairo adds Copenhagen service from June 2017". routesonline.com.
- "Air Cairo W18 network additions". routesonline.com.
- "Air Cairo schedules new routes from March 2018". routesonline.com.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Air Cairo schedules new Italian routes in S19". routesonline.com.
- "Air Cairo adds Borg el Arab – Milan from late-April 2018". routesonline.com.
- "Air Cairo adds Sharm el Sheikh – Naples route in 1Q18". routesonline.com. 27 December 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Air Cairo plans Yanbu April 2017 launch". routesonline.com.
- Flightradar24. "Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!". Flightradar24.
- "Global Airline Guide 2018 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2018): 13.