Basketball at the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics
at the I Summer Youth Olympic Games
|Venue||*scape Youth Space|
|Dates||15 – 23 August 2010|
|No. of events||2 (1 boys, 1 girls)|
|Competitors||160 (80 boys, 80 girls) from |
- Only half of the basketball court is used for the game.
- Each team consists of 3 players and 1 substitute.
- Game time: Two 5-minute periods or a team scores 33 points or more, whichever comes first. If tied at the end of regulation, 2-minute overtimes are used until the tie is broken or a team reaches 33 points.
- Team must attempt a shot for goal in 10 seconds.
- Ball must be taken out of the 3-point line and touched by 2 teammates (ball receiver/dribbler and 1 other teammate) before a shot can be attempted.
Fixtures and resultsEdit
The group stage draw was made on 31 May 2010.