Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Pusad
Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering (BNCoE), Pusad, founded in 1983, is a not-for-profit engineering college run by the Janta Shikshan Prasharak Mandal, located at Pusad, Yeotmal District in Vidarbha region of the state of Maharashtra, India.
प्रज्वलितो ज्ञानमय प्रदीपा
Motto in English
|Ignite learned lamps |
(Kindle knowledgeable beacons)
|Type||Undergraduate & Post-graduate Private Engineering College|
|Founder||Sudhakarrao Naik (late) (former Chief Minister of Maharashtra)|
|Janata Shikshan Prasarak Mandal (JSPM)|
Association of Commonwealth Universities,
ISO 9001- 2008,
Institution of Engineers (India),
Government of Maharashtra GRADE A' institute
|Principal||Dr. Avinash M. Wankhade, PhD (Mech. Engg) |
|Students||2784 sanctioned (1910 enrolled)|
|100+ in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
Sootgirni-Karla Road, Kakaddati,
|Campus||30 acre Urban in Kakaddati|
|Language||English (official medium of instruction, |
Hindi and Marathi (both widely used on campus)
|Affiliations||Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Handball, Hockey, Judo, Karate, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Softball, Table tennis, Lawn Tennis, Volleyball|
Janta Shikshan Prasarak Mandal was established and registered as a society in 1960. The Founder President of JSPM was Late Shri. Vasantrao Naik former Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Founder Secretary was Sudhakarrao Naik (former Chief Minister of Maharashtra and former Governor of Himachal Pradesh).
JSPM started Phulsing Naik Mahavidyalaya at Pusad with an enrollment of 100 student in 1961.
The JSPM society started Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering (BNCOE), Pusad in 1983-84; Sudhakarrao Naik Institute of Pharmacy, Pusad and Dr. NP Hirani Institute of Polytechnic, Pusad  in 1984-85; JSPM College of Physical Education, Pusad in 1991.
Located within Kakaddati locality, the college is 2 km on Karla Road from the Pusad town Bus stand, 110 km from district headquarters Yavatmal, 155 km from Amravati, 255 km from Nagpur, 580 km from the state capital Mumbai, 1290 km from the national capital Delhi and 1470 km from Hisar.
Nearest railway station are at Nanded - 110 km for south bound, Akola - 140, 60 km from Hingoli and Washim km for west & south bound, Wardha - 180 km for north bound and Nagpur - 255 km for north and east bound passengers.
Nearest airports with regular scheduled commercial flights is 255 km away Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport at Nagpur. Other airports nearby with no regular scheduled commercial flights are Yavatmal Airport at Yavatmal - 110 km, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Airport at Nanded - 110 km, Akola Airport at Akola - 140 km, Amravati Airport at Amravati - 155 km, and Osmanabad Airport at Osmanabad - 313 km.
Affiliations and accreditationEdit
BNCoE, Pusad is affiliated to the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University which is recognized under Section 12(B) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act of Ministry of Human Resource Development (India), Government of India as well as accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) (Permanent AICTE Application#: 1-4318017). Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University is an associate member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London. Independent recognition of BNCoE, Pusad by University Grants Commission (UGC) makes it eligible for the UGC grants for the schemes related to students and teachers.
BNCoE, Pusad is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education and its successor National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for running undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various branches of engineering.
BNCoE, Pusad Laboratory facilities have been recognized as PhD-level by the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University. Though BNCoE, Pusad itself does not directly offer any PhD courses but this recognition allows its staff to pursue PhD courses while using college laboratory facilities for the research.
BNCoE, Pusad is ranked 23rd in Computer Science & Engineering and 29th in Mechanical Engineering among nearly 9,000 engineering colleges in India as per an all India survey done by the SiliconIndia. The same SiliconIndia survey also ranked BNCoE, Pusad 8th in Western India . It is considered one of the top engineering college in Maharashtra state by the 3rd party independent sources.
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) coursesEdit
|Engineering Branch/Specialization||Morning Shift Intake||Evening Shift Intake||Notes|
|Civil Engineering (started in 1983)||120||0|
|Computer Science & Engineering (started in 1985)||60||00|
|Information Technology (started in 2001)||00||0|
|Mechanical Engineering (started in 1983)||60|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (started in 1983)||30||0|
|Electrical (started in 1983) and Power Engineering (started in 2012)||60||0|
Master of Engineering (ME) coursesEdit
|ME Course Specialization||Department||Intake||Notes|
|CAD/CAM (started in 2011)||Mechanical Engineering||18|
|Computer Science & Engineering (started in 2011)||Computer Science & Engineering||18|
|Digital Electronics (started in 2010)||Electronics Engineering||18|
|Structural Engineering (started in 2010)||Civil Engineering||18|
The college has 43,200 square metres (465,000 sq ft) of buildings spread over a 30 acres (12 ha) campus which has the following on-site facilities:
Teaching, laboratories, and researchEdit
- Auditorium: 750-seats centrally air-cooled auditorium
- Classrooms: nearly 100 classrooms and labs spread across several buildings of Computer & IT block, Electronics and Electrical block, Civil & Mechanical block, Workshops and Admin block
- Electricity: 24 Hrs. Electric Supply through express feeder with a 140 kVA backup Generator, college has also set up a Hybride Energy park with Solar Energy and Windmill
- Internet: campus-wide 4 MBPS leased line internet and intranet connecting 1000+ computers, Wi-Fi Language lab, live lectures are delivered from IIT Bombay
- Laboratory: 72 well furnished lab facilities, with equipment worth INR8+ crore, have been recognized as PhD-level by the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, this allows the students staff to pursue undergraduate, ME and PhD-level research
- Library: Well equipped 1500 sq. meter LAN-connected computerized Digital Library with 11000+ titles, 60000+ books, 27 national and 450 international journals, reading space for 200 members, audio-video facilities, free book bank for 700 meritorious & Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC/CT) students, 30 internet terminals with 45MBps bandwidth connection, photocopy facilities and more than 1500 international E-journals (IEEE, ASME, ASCE), etc. Library is open 24 hours during the exams. Further expansion of library is planned in 2014-15 with addition of 4500 sq meter air-conditioned reading space on the 1st floor as well as more class rooms on top of the library.
- Teaching staff of 181 includes 23 professors, 48 Assistant professors and 120 lecturers with a student-teacher ratio of 10:1 in 2017
- Competitive examination: Special classes for the GATE, GRE, TOEFL, etc.
- Campus placement Department: organizes campus placement drives with employers (e.g. Indian Army, Indian Navy, Cognizant, IBM, Infosys, TCS, etc.) and provides training in employability, soft-skills, interviewing skills and guidance for the higher education in India and overseas
- Hostels: 4 boys’ & 2 girls’ hostels that can accommodate about 992 & 350 students respectively, All six hostels have internet connectivity, Mess (dining hall) and own separate large Recreation Halls with Newspaper & Reading Rooms and various games such as Table tennis, Badminton court, Carom, Chess, TV, etc.
- Faculty Accommodation: 38 residential units for married teaching staff members and a bungalow for the Principal
- Guesthouse accommodation: 5 (air conditioned) units with attached ensuite bathroom for guests, parents and other visitors
- Gymnasium - one multi-gym in the basement of computer science hostel
- Badminton - 1 indoor court in each of the 6 hostels
- Basketball - 1 outdoor concrete court
- Judo & Karate - coaching classes are held for students
- Table tennis - 2 tables in each of the 6 hostels
- Lawn Tennis - 2 outdoor courts with floodlights
- Volleyball - 2 outdoor courts
- One multipurpose ground for Athletics, Cricket, Football, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Kho Kho and Softball
- Annual sports competition among hostels on special occasions
- Annual sports festival & competition Gaiety among students
- Participation in District, university and state sports competitions
- Arts: Arts Club, Drama club and Music Club
- Cultural events: Annual Cultural festival & competition Gaiety and Youth Festival
- Religious Festivals: Officials events are held to celebrate the Ganesha Chaturthi Festival, Holi Festival, Iftar Party, Krishna Janmashtami, Lohri Festival, New Year Party and Saraswati Pooja
- Social learning: NSS, ISTE Chapter, IE (India) Chapter, Path Finders Club and Quiz Club
- Venues include Auditorium, Open air theater, Recreation Halls, library and grounds
Board of ManagementEdit
The longest-serving former Chief Minister of Maharashtra late Vasantrao Naik was the founder chairman of the Janta Shikshan Prasarak Mandal and its various educational institutes, including the Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Pusad. After him, his nephews late Sudhakarrao Naik (also a former Chief Minister of Maharashtra) and his brother Manohar Naik (current 2014-2019 MLA from Pusad) served as the members of the managing committee.
The Janata Shikshan Prasarak Mandal (JSPM), along with BNCOE, has also founded the following educational institutes:
|1||Dr. NP HIrani Institute of Polytechnic, Pusad||1984||Diploma in Engineering||Pusad-Karla road||Right next to BNCOE|
|2||Sudhakarrao Naik Institute of Pharmacy, Pusad||1983||DipPharm, BPharm, MPharm||1.2 km from the Pusad bus stand on Pusad-Digras-Nagpur Road|
|3||Physical Education College, Pusad||1991||BPEd||Pusad-Nagpur road|
|4||Phulsingh Naik Mahavidalaya, Pusad||1961||HSc (Voc), BA, BSC, BCom, BCA, BLib, MA, MCom, MSc||Pusad-Nagpur Road||Across Pus River|
|5||Srimati Vatsalbai Naik Mahila Mahavidalaya||1989||11th and 12th, BA, BCom, BSC (home Science), MA (sanskrit, History, Home Eco)||Talao layout|
'Schools in Pusad city
|6||JSPM School, Pusad||1989||5th to 10th||in front of Phulsing Naik Mahavidalaya on Nagpur road|
|7||JSPM School (new), Pusad||2003||8th to 10th||Talav layout|
|8||JSPM School, Itawa||1989||1st to 4th||Itawa, 1.2 km from Pusad bus stand on Nagpur road|
|9||JSPM Upper Primary Urdu School, Pusad||1990||1st to 7th||Rabbani nagar, behind Pus River!|
Outside Pusad city agglomeration
|10||JSPM School, Gaul||1992||5th to 12th||Gaul village, Yavatmal district||32 km from Pusad on Pusad-Mahagaon MS HS 183|
|11||JSPM Urdu Vidayalaya, Fulsawangi||1990||5th to 12th||Fulsawangi village, Mahagaon taluka, Yavatmal district||48 km from Pusad on Mahagaon-Kinwat MS HS 232 highway road|
|12||JSPM Vidalaya, Bansi||1984||5th to 12th||Bansi village||15 km from Pusad via a link road off Nagpur road|
In popular cultureEdit
- BNCOE Pusad song, with 1988-92 pictures when campus was still developing and admin block was still under construction
- Video collage of BNCOE pictures till 2016
- Kumar Vishwas show at BNCOE in 2016
- Maitri reunion of 1983-87 batch held at Chikhaldara in 2017, video length: 1.12 hours
- Gaiety 2010 dance performance
- "BNCOE's independent UGC recognition" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 June 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "BNCOE distance from key places". Archived from the original on 11 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering,Pusad". siliconindia.com. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "BNCOE achievements". Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "BNCOE principal details". Archived from the original on 16 May 2017. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- JSPM and BNCOE College details
- BNCOE profile on Higher Education India portal
- BNCOE location
- "Babasaheb Naik College Of Engineering, Pusad". bncoepusad.ac.in. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Sudhakarrao Naik Institute of Pharmacy, Pusad". Archived from the original on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Dr. NP Hirani Institute of Polytechnic, Pusad". Archived from the original on 13 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- JSPM College of Physical Education, Pusad
- "22 JSPM run institutes" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "JSPM enrolled student numbers". Archived from the original on 19 January 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Babasaheb Naik College Of Engineering". education.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering". highereducationinindia.com. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "BNCOE rank by Silicon India" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 January 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- Silicon India ranking
- BNCOE ranks high within Maharashtra
- Degrees offered by BNCOE
- "BNCOE library" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- JSPM and BNCOE managing Committee
- Pusad to Fulsawangi google route
- Pusad to Bansi google map route
- Anna's Canteen novel on Google Books
- Anna's Canteen review on Goodreads
- Anna's Canteen review on Amazon
- BNCOE Pusad song, from the 4th APNA (Awaz of Pusad in North America) Reunion 2016