Armaan Malik (born 22 July 1995) is Indian singer, songwriter, record producer, voice-over, performer and actor. He is known for his singing in multiple languages, including Hindi, English, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, Malayalam. He is also known as "Prince of Romance". In 2006, he took part in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs but got eliminated in the 8th position. He is the brother of composer Amaal Mallik. Previously represented by Universal Music India, he is now signed on by T-Series. He has also signed with Arista Records. His first on-screen appearance was in the film Kaccha Limboo in the year 2011.
|Birth name||Armaan Malik|
|Born||22 July 1995|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Instruments||Vocals & Guitar|
|Labels||Zee Music Company • Sony Music India • Arista Records • Aditya Music • Saregama • T-Series • Spinnin' Records|
|Associated acts||Amaal Mallik|
He is the youngest singer to win two debut awards at Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA) and best playback singer award at BIG Star Entertainment Award in 2015.
Armaan Malik was born in Mumbai on 22 July 1995. His father, Daboo Malik is a music composer in Indian music industry while his mother, Jyothi Malik belongs to a Telugu-speaking family from Visakhapatnam.
He started singing at the age of 4. He went to Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs in 2006 without the title Malik. However he didn't win the show. Later Armaan learnt Hindi Classical Music for 10 years and went to learn western music from Berklee College of Music, Boston.
Armaan Malik has dubbed for My Name Is Khan for the English boy and also lent voice for the character Salim in the radio version of Slumdog Millionaire for BBC Radio 1. In 2014, Armaan sang "Tumko Toh Aana Hi Tha", "Love You Till The End (House Mix)" and the "Title Track" for Salman Khan's movie Jai Ho. Apart from singing, Malik and his music composer brother Amaal Mallik also featured in the beginning of Jai Ho in the song "Love You Till The End". In that year, he sang "Naina" with Sona Mohapatra for the film Khoobsurat and "Auliya" for Ungli.
In 2015, he sang "Main Hoon Hero Tera" for Hero, "Kwahishein" for Calendar Girls and "Tumhe Aapna Banane Ka" for Hate Story 3 under elder brother Amaal Mallik's composition. The latter one he sang with Neeti Mohan. He also sang another song for Hate Story 3 titled "Wajah Tum Ho" under Baman's composition. He also sang a single "Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon" under Amaal's composition. He was awarded Filmfare R. D. Burman Award for New Music Talent in that year.
In 2016, he sang for the films Mastizaade, Sanam Re, Kapoor & Sons, Azhar, Do Lafzon Ki Kahani and "Sab Tera" with Shraddha Kapoor for Baaghi under Amaal's composition. He sang "Foolishq" with Shreya Ghoshal for Ki & Ka, he worked with Jeet Gannguli for the song "Mujhko Barsaat Bana Lo" for Junooniyat and also sang his first Bengali song "Dhitang Dhitang" for Love Express under Jeet's composition. He was the lead singer of the film M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story. He sang four songs for Hindi soundtrack and three songs for Tamil soundtrack of that film under Amaal's composition. He sang "Sau Asmaan" with Neeti Mohan for Baar Baar Dekho and "Ishaara" for Force 2 under Amaal's composition. He sang "Tum Jo Mille" for Saansein, "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Reprise" and "Dil Mein Chupa Lunga Remake" for Wajah Tum Ho. The latter one was composed by Meet Bros and the last two songs, he sang with Tulsi Kumar. He sang a single "Pyaar Manga Hain Remake" with Neeti Mohan. He also lent his voice for the title track of Star Paarivar Awards 2016 with Palak Muchhal and Meet Bros under Meet Bros composition.
In 2017, he sang two singles "Aa Jana Ferrari Mein" and "Paas Aao Na" under Amaal's composition. He also sang a single "Kehta Yeh Pal Pal Remake". He worked with Gourav-Roshin for "Haare Ram Remake" and Mannan Shah for "Tere Dil Mein". Both the songs were made for the film Commando 2. He sang for Noor, Chef and Golmaal Again under Amaal's composition. He sang two songs for Sweetiee Weds NRI, 'Shiddhat' and 'O Saathi'. He worked with Arko Pravo Mukherjee first time for the latter one. He sang two Bengali songs in 2017. One is the title track of Ami Je Ke Tomar and "Ele Chupi Chupi" for Amar Aponjon. He also sang for Mubarakan, Tera Intezaar and Tumhari Sulu.
In 2018, he sang a single "Ghar Se Nikalte Hi" under Amaal's composition. He worked with Tanishk Bagchi first time for the title track of Dil Juunglee. He also sang "Baadnamiyaan" for Hate Story 4 under Baman's composition (originally composed by Luvdeep Saini). He also sang for films including Nirdosh, October, and 102 Not Out. He sang for the films Baazaar and Sanju. However, the songs were dropped from the album due to some changes in script. He lent his voice for the Hindi soundtrack of 2.0. The soundtrack of the film was composed by A. R. Rahman and the film was released in 2018.
In 2019, he lent his voice for the movie Amavas, "Jab Se mera Dil" with Palak Muchhal for the movie Amavas, "Dil Me Ho Tum" for the movie Why Cheat India, "Kyun Rabba" for the movie Badla. The singer also got feature as a coach on an Indian reality show The voice and became the youngest coach/judge in the history of Indian singing reality shows. He sang "Chale Aana" in De De Pyaar De composed by Amaal and lyrics by Kunaal Verma. The song was well received by the audience in general. The singer has also lent his voice for Mena Massoud as Aladdin, in the Hindi version of the American musical fantasy Aladdin. In addition he also sung the songs in the Hindi for the film The Lion King. He also sang for the film "Kabir Singh", under the composer Vishal Mishra for the song "Pehla Pyaar". His version was not included in the film, because Vishal's version was preferred by the director of the Film. Pehla pyaar was heavily loved by the audience and it was said to be his return with a soaring range, beautiful fallsettos and a "different" Armaan altogether.
On 12 March 2020, Billboard announced Armaan's first English single under Arista Records, "Control." "To write and release English music has been my dream for as long as I can remember, and I couldn't have found a better family than Arista Records to be starting this new journey with," said Armaan. "There's no better feeling than to know that I’m in such good hands with an executive like David Massey, who truly believes in me, this project and also shares the same vision as me about global music," he added. He also released another English single quickly following the former called "Next 2 me" which was highly appreciated amongst the audience. On July 8, 2020, another single was released under the name of Zara Thehro, alongside "Tulsi Kumar", composed by his brother "Amaal Malik" under the label "T-Series". The song is being well received by the audience and has marked the first proper Hindi single of Armaan in 2020.
On 20 November 2020 he released his third English single 'How Many'. The song 'How Many' is sung by Armaan Malik, composed and lyrics are penned by Armaan Malik, James Alexander Gutch, Natania Lalwani, Brandon Colbein, produced by Shivin, Deepak Bhosle, Hashim Bachooali, and directed by Shivin & Sunny.
On December 2020 he come with another song named "Veham" featuring Indian model and actor Asim Riaz and Sakshi Malik, lyrics are penned by Rashmi Virag, and music by Manan Bhardwaj. Song was released on 14 December, 2020 by T-Series. 
On May 2021, Malik teams up with Eric Nam and DJ Kshmr for ‘first K-pop meets I-pop’ song Echo.“Echo” is being described as “the first K-pop meets I-pop collaboration built around a meticulously crafted EDM soundscape.” It also happens to be Armaan’s fourth single.
On June 2021, AR Rahman and Gulzar, along with seven eminent singers come together for "Meri Pukar Suno" an anthem for hope and healing. The track, featuring the voices of Alka Yagnik, Shreya Ghoshal, KS Chithra, Sadhana Sargam, Shashaa Tirupati, Armaan Malik and Asees Kaur.
- 2006: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs, as a contestant.
- 2012: The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir (Season-1 Episode-22), as Zafar Ali
- 2015: Indian Idol Junior 2 as a guest.
- 2016: The Kapil Sharma Show (season 1, episode-15), as guest
- 2016: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, as a guest.
- 2019: No. 1 Yaari Jam (episode-2), as a guest.
- 2019: The Voice, as a judge.
- 2019: By invite only (episode 42) as guest.
- 2019: The Kapil Sharma Show (season 2, episode-56), as guest
- 2017: The Drama Company (episode 23rd), as a guest.
- 2020: Jammin season 3 as a guest.
- 2020: The Love Laugh Live Show S2 as a guest.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2015||"Naina" – Khoobsurat||Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Male Vocalist of The Year||Nominated|
|"Bas Is Pal Mein"||Indie Pop Song of the Year|
|Auliya – Ungli||Global Indian Music Academy Awards||Best Debutant Award – Film||Won|
|Tumhe Apna Banane Ka – Hate Story 3||Kalakar Awards||Jagjit Singh Award – Best Rising Singer||Nominated|
|Armaan – Album||Global Indian Music Academy Awards||Jagjit Singh Award – Best Music Debut||Won|
|Tumhe Apna Banane Ka – Hate Story 3||Big Star Entertainment||Most Entertaining Singer – Male||Won|
|Main Hoon Hero Tera – Hero||Stardust||Best Playback Singer – Male||Won|
|2016||New Music Talent||Filmfare R. D. Burman Award||RD Burman Award||Won|
|Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon||Global Indian Music Academy Awards||Best Music Video||Won|
|Main Hoon Hero Tera||Lions Gold Awards||Best Playback Singer (Male)||Won|
|"Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon"||Mirchi Music Awards||Indie Pop Song of the Year||Won|
|2017||"Bol Do Na Zara"||Lions Gold Awards||Best Playback Singer (Male)||Won|
|"Sariyagi Nenapide" – Mungaru Male 2||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Male Playback Singer Kannada||Won|
|2018||"Ondu Malebillu" – Chakravarthy||Filmfare Awards South||Best Male Playback Singer – Kannada||Won|
|"Hello" – Hello||Filmfare Awards South||Best Male Playback Singer – Telugu||Nominated|
|"Ninnila Ninnila" – Tholi Prema||Filmfare Award South||Best Male Playback Singer – Telugu||Nominated|
|2020||"Pehla Pyaar"||Mirchi Music Award||Listener's Choice - Album of the Year||Won|
|"Control"||Sound Nation League||Sound of the Nation||Won|
|"Control"||MTV Europe Music Award ||Best Indian Act||Won|
|2021||Not Mentioned||Smule's Most Jammed Artist||Mirchi Music Awards||Won|
|Butta Bomma||Viral Song Of The Decade (Telugu)||Mirchi Music Awards South||Won|
- "Day Out With Singer Armaan Malik at His House | Saas Bahu Aur Saazish - YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Armaan Malik: Prince of romance gets pop makeover". BBC News. 18 December 2020. Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- "Armaan Malik: Latest News, Videos and Armaan Malik Photos". The Times of India.
- "Indian Singer-Songwriter Armaan Malik Signs With Arista Records For His First English Single: Exclusive". billboard.com. 12 March 2020. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Yuva Dasara: Young Singer Armaan Malik Drowns Crowd In Soulful Melodies Amidst Rain". Star of Mysore. 15 October 2018.
- "Happy Birthday Armaan Malik: 5 things you must know about one of India's leading musicians". DNA India. Retrieved 7 October 2020. Unknown parameter
- "Jai Ho music review". Glamsham.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Young hitmaker Armaan Malik on his first public concert in Bengaluru". Bangalore Mirror. 2 October 2018.
- "Armaan Malik: It has been my dream to take India to a global stage". India Today. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- "Check Out Latest English Official Music Video Song 'How Many' Sung By Armaan Malik | English Video Songs - Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- Veham Song: Armaan Malik | Asim Riaz, Sakshi Malik | Manan Bhardwaj | Rashmi Virag | Bhushan Kumar, retrieved 28 February 2021
- "Armaan Malik teams up with Eric Nam and DJ KSHMR for 'first K-pop meets I-pop' song Echo". The Indian Express. 18 May 2021. Retrieved 18 May 2021.
- "Meri Pukaar Suno Song: A R Rahman, Gulzar, Shreya Ghoshal, Alka Yagnik And More Come Together For An Anthem Of Hope And Healing (Watch Video) | 🎥 LatestLY". LatestLY. 25 June 2021. Retrieved 26 June 2021.
- Vh1 India [@Vh1India] (15 August 2020). "💃🕺 💃🕺 💃🕺 #Control by @ArmaanMalik22 has become the sound of the nation! #Vh1SoundNationLeague #ArmaanMalik #Vh1India #GetWithIt t.co/yVWz5Lxigz" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 15 August 2020. Retrieved 4 July 2021 – via Twitter.
- "MTV Europe Music Award 2020: Armaan Malik wins 'The Best India Act' for his single 'Control'". DNA India. 9 November 2020. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- Mirchi [@MirchiWorld] (16 March 2021). "And the results are in! Here's the whole list of winners at the Smule Mirchi Music Awards this year! Congratulations to all the winners🌶️ Get ready for #SmuleMirchiMusicAwards on @ColorsTV on March 28th at 9 PM! @smuleindia @LICIndiaForever t.co/ZVvSVSeQVt" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 16 March 2021. Retrieved 4 July 2021 – via Twitter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Armaan Malik.|