This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Anirudh Ravichander (born 16 October 1990), also known mononymously as Anirudh, is an Indian music composer and singer who primarily works in Tamil films. He is the son of actor Ravi Raghavendra. He has won two Filmfare Awards, nine SIIMA Awards, six Edison Awards and five Vijay Awards. His debut song "Why This Kolaveri Di", composed for the 2012 film 3, went viral across the globe and has achieved over 300 million views on YouTube. In 2017, he was described by Times of India as the Most Desirable Man in Chennai. In 2018, he again bagged the title, becoming the first musician to achieve this title two times in a row.
|Born||16 October 1990|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
A.R. Murugadoss signed him to compose music for Kaththi (2014) starring Vijay, which included the viral hit "Selfie Pulla". The soundtrack for the film became Anirudh's highest profile soundtrack until he was signed to compose music for Rajinikanth's Petta in 2019.
In 2016, he signed a record deal with Sony Music, which publishes his independent albums and live concerts. In the same year, he featured with Diplo on the remix of Major Lazer's hit single "Cold Water".
Early life and familyEdit
Anirudh Ravichander is the son of actor Ravi Raghavendra and classical dancer Lakshmi Ravichander and nephew of Latha Rajinikanth. Thus, making Aishwarya, Soundarya and Hrishikesh his cousins. His maternal grandfather S. V. Ramanan has made documentaries, commercials and music. Anirudh's great-grandfather was director Krishnaswami Subrahmanyam, a filmmaker in the 1930s. His great-grandmother Meenakshi was the first female music composer in Kollywood. He was part of a band in school called Zinx. At the age of 10, he started composing music and landed his first break with '3' at the age of 21.
He was the School Pupil Leader (SPL) at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, K.K. Nagar, Chennai. He graduated from the Loyola College, Chennai in 2011, which according to him was just a backup in case his music career did not take off. Anirudh learnt piano from Trinity College of Music, London and did his sound engineering diploma from soundtech-media (Chennai). He also was part of a fusion band. In his school days, Anirudh had entered a TV show that was judged by A. R. Rahman, and his band was one of the winners along with 5 other bands. Anirudh was awarded the Best Instrumentalist by his idol.
2011–2012: Debut and early successEdit
Anirudh Ravichander made his debut as a music composer in his cousin Aishwarya R. Dhanush's directorial debut 3, starring Dhanush. While pursuing his degree at Loyola College, he had done background scores for the short films made by Aishwaryaa and his work on short films convinced her to have him work on her first commercial venture. In early November 2011, a leaked version of a song from the film Why This Kolaveri Di!, circulated online and the film's team decided to subsequently release it officially on 16 November 2011. It instantly became popular on social networking sites for its quirky "Tanglish" (portmanteau word of Tamil and English) and foot-tapping kuthu beats. Soon, the song became the most searched YouTube video in India and internet phenomenon across Asia. Within a few weeks, YouTube honoured the video with a "Recently Most Popular" Gold Medal award and "Trending" silver medal award for receiving a large number of hits in a short time. The song was built around a South Indian folk rhythm. Its instrumentation consists of nadaswaram, shehnai, saxophone, urumee and thavil drums, acoustic guitar and keyboards mixed with electronic synths and scratches. The vocals utilize the singing style of Tamil folk culture. Lyrically, the song revolves around the film's main actor being dumped by his girlfriend; the song is sung by the character in a drunken state, with many of the lines nonsensical. According to the composer, 3's director Aishwarya R. Dhanush wanted a light-hearted song about failed love. Ravichander quickly composed the tune in about 10 minutes.
The remaining songs of the album were released in December 2011 and also won very positive reviews from critics. A reviewer from Behindwoods.com noted: "Anirudh Ravichander has delivered so much variety in his very first album. Such a promising debut by a composer hasn't been seen in recent Tamil cinema history", while Rediff.com's reviewer noted that "all the songs in 3 are good and come with appealing instrumental arrangements", concluding that it was "an intriguing collection." Anirudh also received praise for his background score in the film. He consequently went on to gain recognition for the film through accolades, notably the Vijay Award for Best Find of the Year as well as nominations at the South Indian International Movie Awards and the 60th Filmfare Awards South. He also worked on the Telugu dubbed version of the film. Anirudh teamed up with Dhanush soon after to produce a Kolaveri-inspired track titled "Sachin anthem" commemorating Sachin Tendulkar in association with the health drink, Boost.
2013–2015: Continued successEdit
Next, he sang and composed a single for David – a multi-starrer directed by Bejoy Nambiar; "Kanave Kanave" in Tamil. The album also opened to very positive reviews, with a critic noting: Anirudh's song was "the pick of the album". His next album was Ethir Neechal, which won positive reviews. Behindwoods.com noted "the album does well to consolidate Anirudh's sensational debut". Anirudh introduced rappers Yo Yo Honey Singh and Adhi of Hiphop Tamizha into Tamil film music. Similarly, the background music of the film was praised with a reviewer noting that Anirudh "certainly proved his mettle yet again with his exceptional music." Moreover, Sony Music India released the complete background score of Ethir Neechal via YouTube owing to its popularity. His next soundtrack, Vanakkam Chennai released in July 2013, and reached top spot in iTunes India Top Album category within a few days of its release. Prior to release, Anirudh had revealed that it was his "best work til date", and the composer featured as a vocalist in six of the seven songs in the film. For the song "Oh Penne", he roped in Vishal Dadlani for the first time in Tamil music, while a promotional international version was also recorded featuring British singer Arjun. Another promotional song, "Chennai City Gangster", saw him collaborate again with Adhi of Hiphop Tamizha and British Indian rapper Hard Kaur, with the trio also featuring in a music video for the film. A critic from Behindwoods noted: "Anirudh exploded onto the Tamil music scene with a hat-trick". His background music for the film was well received by reviewers. In September 2013, he was signed on to compose the background score for Selvaraghavan's fantasy film Irandam Ulagam, after Harris Jayaraj had opted out. Anirudh noted his happiness at working with Selvaraghavan early in his career, despite being called up as a replacement and subsequently recorded for the film in Budapest. The film opened to mixed reviews and became a box office disaster, but Anirudh's work received a positive response.
Anirudh's next release Velaiyilla Pattathari, featured veteran singer S. Janaki, Dhanush and Anirudh, and won positive reviews upon release in February 2014. while adding "in all, the album is soulful, lively and truly Anirudh". The film subsequently became a blockbuster at the box office, with Anirudh's work in re-recording also receiving critical acclaim and won the Filmfare award for best music director; Rediff.com stated he "has created magic once again", while Behindwoods.com noted his "BGM lifts all manner of scenes". His next film was Maan Karate, starring one of his close friends, Sivakarthikeyan. This album topped the iTunes chart within a few days of release. This album is a perfect mix of different genres, be it a lovely breezy ‘Un Vizhigalil’ song or ‘Royapuram Peter Kuthu’ vibe, its truly a treat. Maan Karate's soundtrack released shortly after and also won favourable reviews from critics. The film opened to mixed reviews, but became a box office success, with a critic from Rediff.com praising that "Anirudh has proved once again that he understands the pulse of the youngsters. In fact, the BGM and sound tracks in the film, make the film appear more exciting than it actually is."
A.R. Murugadoss then signed him on to compose music for Kaththi, starring Vijay, becoming Anirudh's highest profile album until he was signed to compose music for Superstar Rajinikanth's Petta in 2018. He composed the film's theme music within four days of signing, and also went on to collaborate again on songs with Adhi of Hip Hop Tamizha and Vishal Dadlani. Moreover, Anirudh recorded songs with veteran singers K. J. Yesudas and Vijay for the first time in his career, while he also created a "love kuthu" song "Selfie Pulla" to be sung by the film's lead actor Vijay and Sunidhi Chauhan, which became a big hit. The album received positive reviews from critics and topped the iTunes India Charts. Durgesh Haridas of The Indian Express stated: "The OST is arguably the best for a Vijay movie in recent times and Anirudh's variety and experimentation is helping him establishing himself as one of Kollywood's top music makers.", and labelled "Selfie Pulla" as "a number that even kids will be humming." adding that the song "doesn't disappoint". His work for re-recording also won acclaim, with a critic noting: "Anirudh's music and BGM reaches a new level", while the film went on to become one of the highest grossers in Tamil films history and he won several accolades for his work in the album Kaththi.
For the third time, Anirudh collaborated with his close friend Sivakarthikeyan for the film Kaaki Sattai, produced by Dhanush under his production company. The album received mostly positive reviews and boosted the streak of Anirudh. In early 2013, it was announced that Anirudh would make his acting debut in Vignesh Shivan's Naanum Rowdydhaan, after selecting it from twenty other scripts he had heard. However, production work stalled, with Anirudh noting that he will give priority to a career in music composing and agreed to work on the soundtrack for the film, now featuring Vijay Sethupathi. Furthermore, he signed on to compose music for a film made by and featuring newcomers; Aakko, with initial publicity posters for the film featuring solely on Anirudh's status as the movie's composer. Anirudh scored music for Maari, which was another project with Dhanush. The music received positive reviews, with the song "Don'u Don'u Don'u" becoming exceptionally popular. He also received critical acclaim for his work in the Vijay Sethupathi starrer Naanum Rowdydhaan, leading him to receive many accolades for his achievement in the film. He released a single from the movie Aakko on Valentine's Day in 2015 of the name "Ennakenna Yaarum Illaiye". He also scored his first Ajith Kumar film in Vedalam, directed by Siva. Anirudh's music received mixed reviews, however, the song "Aaluma Doluma", which uses North Madras slang, became very popular Anirudh concluded the year with Thangamagan, starring Dhanush which also received positive reviews for his music.
On Valentine's eve in 2016, he released a single dedicated to lovers, a song titled "Avalukena", under the banner of Sony Music. After a short break, Anirudh released a single from Rum in April 2016; "Hola Amigo". In May 2016, Anirudh signed a deal with Sony Music India. As per the deal, from here on, the independent albums and live concerts of Anirudh will be published and promoted by the global giant. Music giant Sony music presented a multi-platinum disc plaque for his successful collaborations with Sony Anirudh again teamed up with Sivakarthikeyan For Remo. The album featured 8 tracks, with Behindwoods and Indiaglitz crediting "Remo's music is definitely a cupid's arrow from Anirudh" and "Some beats, a little melody, and a whole lot of fun, Remo is soulful jukebox", it became one of his album topping the iTunes charts.[non-primary source needed] Then, on 12 November 2016, he launched the audio of his cousin Hrishikesh's horror flick Rum. In late 2017, for the film Vivegam, Anirudh launched the first single "Surviva" and became fastest Tamil song to get 1 million streams, this track saw the comeback of Yogi B back to the Tamil music. Anirudh launched the next single, "Thalai Viduthalai". It was written by director Siva and sung by Anirudh and Harish Swaminathan. Anirudh used the "Death Metal" first time in kollywood for this track. This song was also considered a tribute to the ultimate star Ajith Kumar, who had completed 25 years in the Tamil film industry. After a HipHop and Death Metal, the third single was a romantic classical fusion; "Kadhalaada", featuring Pradeep Kumar and Sasha Tripathi. Anirudh launched the complete album with 4 other tracks. The English song "Never Give Up" featuring Raja Kumari. The album was topping iTunes, Saavn and other digital platforms,[non-primary source needed] its completely an international album. He again teamed up with Sivakarthikeyan for Velaikkaaran, it was their 5th collaboration. He has experimented with genre and given variety in the album. It has a kuthu vibe Karuthavanlaam Galeejam expressing about colour and caste, sung by Anirudh himself. A romantic melody track Iraiva which features Anirudh and Jonita Gandhi, the track breaks into two genres it starts as a soft melody expressing love, then suddenly enter into a metal genre. Another melody Idhayane by Neeti Mohan and Anirudh. Vaa Velaikkara song sung by Shakthishree Gopalan, Bjorn Surrao is offbeat, and an introduction to trance-psychedelic music. It has a motivational track Ezhu Velaikkara sung by Siddharth Mahadevan. It's overall a catchy emotional album' A Hindi pop music video Bewajah, composed by Anirudh and sung by Anirudh, Irene and Srinidhi Venkatesh, which is also India's first ever vertical video was released by Sony Music India. The video features a love-torn duo whose romance is narrated through animated movie posters. The song became an instant hit etching several million views.
In 2018, he made his Telugu debut with Agnyaathavaasi, which has 6 tracks, a fast-paced massy introductory track Dhaga Dhagamaney sung by Anirudh himself, a sweet melody Baitikochi Chuste song ruled by the guitar chords and enchanting flute, It was an instant hit among youngsters with its quirky lyrics and a catchy foot-tapping tune, Gaali Vaaluga sung by Anirudh was also instant hit among music lovers. Niranjana Raman has sung a beautiful classical number, Swagatham Krishna, the inclusion of the guitars and synths gives an enchanting experience throughout the track. Nakash Aziz has crooned peppy number AB Yevaro Nee Baby and Pawan Kalyan has sung a folk number Kodakaa Koteswar Rao. The whole album has been received well. His BGM received praises for his fresh sound. Next, he composed for Suriya's Thaanaa Serndha Koottam, which was a remake of Special 26. The song "Sodakku" was an instant hit among the masses. After that, he composed for Nayanthara's Kolamavu Kokila, which was well received and was praised for being unique. The song "Gun Kadhal" became popular among Anirudh fans. The first single of Petta titled "Marana Mass" was an instant hit. On 10 December, the full album for Rajinikanth's Petta was released by Anirudh. His next project was Nani's Telugu film Jersey, which is directed by Gowtam Tinnanuri. He later appeared in Gang Leader which was directed by Vikram K Kumar. This marked his second collaboration with Nani. After that he appeared in Darbar, which was directed by AR Murugadoss. The song "Chumma Kizhi" sung by legendary singer SPB was a hit, and rapper Yogi B was roped in for "Thani Vazhi". He then composed one of the songs of the soundtrack for Dharala Prabhu, the title track, which garnered success. In 2020, he collaborated with Vijay for the 2nd time in Master, directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj. The first single, "Kutti Story", sung by Vijay himself, received great praise and became popular around the world for its Tanglish lyrics. The second single sung by Gana Balachander, "Vaathi Coming", became an instant viral hit universally, with the kuthu song collecting 330 million views on YouTube, breaking many records rapidly from the get-go. This is the most viewed song composed by Anirudh as of yet. He also came to work on the soundtrack of Doctor, directed by Nelson Dilipkumar. The first single "Chellamma" was a hit among the youth with the fun and romantic lyrics, collecting over 100 million views on YouTube. In 2021, he worked with Vijay for the 3rd time in Beast directed by Nelson, whom he also worked with for the 3rd consecutive time.
In 2022, Anirudh scored hits with films like, Beast and Vikram, with the latter marking his first release with Kamal Haasan, although the duo collaborated for Indian 2 first which is yet to be released. The first single of Vikram titled "Pathala Pathala" received several million views from Kamal Haasan’s fans and was the most viewed song on YouTube. The song also received praise for Kamal Haasan’s dance performances which went viral. Despite facing controversies from the song, it became an instant hit. He also scored hits from films like Don and Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal. The songs from the Don received several million views and was an instant hit. The first single of Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal titled "Two Two Two" was also a hit on YouTube. He is also composing music for Dhanush starrer Thiruchitrambalam which marks his fifth collaboration with the actor after 3, Velaiyilla Pattathari, Maari and Thanga Magan. The first single of Thiruchitrambalam titled "Thaai Kelavi" was released on 24 June 2022 and received several million views which also became very viral and also became a huge hit. Although the song faced some controversies. A social activist has lodged a complaint against the makers of the film asking them to change the lyrics of the song, as the lyrics of the song are shown to be disrespectful to the elders. The second single titled "Megham Karukkatha", was released on July 15, 2022 which also received positive reviews. The third and the fourth singles of Thiruchitrambalam titled "Life of Pazham" and "Thenmozhi" which was sung by Anirudh himself for the former song and Santhosh Narayanan for the latter were released on 27 July 2022 and 30 July 2022 respectively. The entire soundtrack of Thiruchitrambalam was released on 31 July 2022. While Academy Award-winner A. R. Rahman was reportedly approached by Atlee to compose for his Bollywood film with Shah Rukh Khan, Rahman subsequently turned down the offer and Anirudh was chosen to compose for the film titled Jawan. An announcement teaser featuring Anirudh's score was released in June 2022. His previous Hindi films were David and Jersey, the former featuring just a single song by him Yun Hi Re and the latter featuring film score by him, mostly reused from his score for the original Telugu film on which the 2022 film Jersey was based upon. Thus Jawan marks the first full-fledged debut for Anirudh in Bollywood as a song and score composer. He is also set to compose music for Rajinikanth’s 169 th film titled Jailor which will be directed by Nelson. The film will also mark Anirudh’s third collaboration with Rajini after Petta and Darbar and also with Nelson after Kolamaavu Kokila, Doctor and Beast. He is also set to collaborate with Ajith for his 62nd film tentatively titled AK62 directed by Vignesh Shivan which marks his third collaboration with Ajith after Vedalam and Vivegam. He is also set to compose music for Jr.NTR’s untitled 30 th Telugu film tentatively titled NTR30 which is directed by Koratala Siva.
As a film composerEdit
- The films are listed in order of music release, regardless of the dates of film release.
- The year next to the super of the indicated films indicates the release year of the either dubbed or remade version in the named language later than the original version.
- indicates original language release. Indicates simultaneous makes, if featuring in more languages
- indicates a guest composer of the film released
|Year||Tamil||Other Languages||Dubbed Releases||Notes||Music Label|
|2012||3||3 (Telugu, Hindi)||Tamil Debut||Sony Music India|
|2013||Ethir Neechal||Naa Love Story Modalaindi (Telugu)||Cameo Appearance in the song "Local Boys".|
|David*||David • (Hindi)*||David (Telugu)||
Guest composer; 1 song only
Reliance Big Music
|Vanakkam Chennai||Cameo Appearance in the song "Chennai City Gangsta"||Sony Music India|
|Irandaam Ulagam*||Varnaa (Telugu)||3 songs and Background score|
|2014||Velaiilla Pattadhari||Raghuvaran BTech (Telugu)||Wunderbar Studios|
|Maan Karate||Cameo Appearance in the "Open The Tasmac".||Sony Music India|
|Kaththi||Kaththi (Telugu, Malayalam)||Eros Music|
|Kaaki Sattai||Wunderbar Studios|
|Cameo Appearance in the song "Maari Thara Local"||Sony Music India|
|Naanum Rowdydhaan||Nenu Rowdy Ne (Telugu)||Wunderbar Studios|
|Vedalam||Aavesam (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|Thanga Magan||Nava Manmadhudu (Telugu)|
|2016||Remo||Remo (Telugu, Malayalam)|
|Rum||Manthri Gari Bangla (Telugu)|
|2017||Vivegam||Vivekam (Telugu), Commando (Kannada)|
|2018||Agnyaathavaasi • (Telugu)||Telugu Debut||Aditya Music|
|Thaanaa Serndha Koottam||Gang (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|CoCo (Kolamaavu Kokila)||KoKo Kokila (Telugu)||Zee Music Company|
|U Turn*||U Turn • (Telugu)*||Guest composer; 1 song only|
|2019||Petta||Petta (Telugu, Hindi, Kannada)||Sony Music India|
|Jersey • (Telugu)||The Cricketer - My Dear Father (2021) (Tamil)||1 song made in Tamil||Zee Music Company|
|Thumbaa*||Thumbaa (Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi #)||Guest composer; 1 song only||Sony Music India|
|Gang Leader • (Telugu)||Special Appearance in "Gang-u leader" song|
|2020||Darbar||Darbar (Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada)||Divo|
|Dharala Prabhu*||Guest composer; 1 song only
Reused from Gang Leader
|Sony Music India|
|Paava Kadhaigal*||Paava Kadhaigal (English, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam)||Guest composer; Netflix film, Segment - Love Panna Uttranum||Zee Music South|
|2021||Master||Master (Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada)
Vijay The Master (Hindi)
|Sony Music India|
|Doctor||Varun Doctor (Telugu), Doctor (Kannada, Malayalam)|
|2022||Naai Sekar*||Guest composer; 1 song only|
|Beast||Beast (Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada)
|Cameo Appearance in the song "Jolly O Gymkhana".||Sun Pictures|
|Jersey* (Hindi)||Background score only
Remake of Telugu film of the same name
|Zee Music Company|
|Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal||Kanmani Rambo Khatija (Telugu)||25th Film||Sony Music India|
|Don||College Don (Telugu)|
|Vikram||Vikram Hit List (Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada)||Additional track included in Hindi dubbed version, featured an extended rap verses performed by Raftaar.|
|Thiruchitrambalam||Thiru (Telugu), Thiruchitrambalam (Malayalam, Kannada & Hindi)||Sun Pictures|
|Indian 2||Tamil||S. Shankar|
|TBA||Vikram 2||Tamil||Lokesh Kanagaraj|
Independent works and Music videosEdit
|2012||Sachin Anthem||Tamil||with Dhanush||Promotional video as an ode to Sachin Tendulkar for health drink company Boost|
|TATA Nano||Hindi||Promotional Jingle for Tata Nano by Tata Motors|
|Ai Dil Mere||Promotional video for MTV Rush in collaboration with Bejoy Nambiar|
|2014||Chancey Illa||Tamil||Promotional video for the city connect campaign by Times of India|
|2015||Enakenna Yaarum Illaye||Single from Aakko Released on Valentine's Day|
|2016||Avalukena||with Srinidhi Venkatesh||Single for Valentine's Day|
|Damkutla Dumkutla||with Shabareesh Varma||Promotional anthem of Tamil Nadu Premier League|
|Cold Water Diwali Edition||English||Remix of Major Lazer-Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ)|
|2017||Onnume Aagala||Tamil||with Mali Manoj||Single for Valentine's Day|
|Bewajah||Hindi||with Irene, Srinidhi Venkatesh and Caesar & Loui||India's First Vertical Video in collaboration with Sony Music India|
|2018||Julie (Free play)||Tamil||Single for Valentine's Day|
|Going to America||English||with Anthony Daasan & Nucleya||Promotional song for TotaMyna|
|Kettavano||Tamil||with Sajith Satya||7UP Madras Gig S01 Single track in collaboration with Sony Music and Knack Studios
*Composed by Sajith Satya
|Enakenna Yaarum Illaye (Zingaroe Remix)||Tamil||with Zingaroe||7UP Madras Gig S01 bonus track in collaboration with Sony Music and Knack Studios
*Produced & remixed by Zingaroe
|Myntra's Kids Day Out||Hindi||Advert Jingle in collaboration with Myntra for Kids Day Out Sale|
|GumOn Groove||English||Promotional song for GumOn in collaboration with Sony Music India|
|2020||Arivum Anbum||Tamil||with Ghibran, Kamal Haasan and 9 others||Song in response to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis in India, in collaboration with Think Music India
*Composed and Arranged by Ghibran
|Its All Gonna Be Okay||Tamil, Telugu||with Alisha Thomas||Orchestral version of "The Karma Theme" from the film U Turn, as an Ode to the frontline workers of COVID-19 pandemic|
|2021||Nithirai Nila||Tamil||with Chinmayee, Nakkhul and Sunainaa||Independent Single Album in collaboration with Maii Studios International.
*Composed by Mathews Pulickan
|Summa Semma Zomato||Promotional Jingle for Zomato|
|Criminal Crush||with Godson Rudolph, Srinisha Jayaseelan||Independent Single Album featuring Cooku with Comali fame Ashwin Kumar & Tanya Ravichandran, in collaboration with Vels Signature
*Composed by Godson Rudolph
|Oosingo||with Arivu||PSA on taking the COVID-19 Vaccine in collaboration with Sundaram Finance|
|2022||Payani||Tamil||with Ankit Tiwari||Independent Single Album by Aishwarya Rajinikanth, in association with Tips Music
*Composed by Ankit Tiwari
|Swipe Right Material||English, Hindi, Tamil||with Guru Randhawa, Dee MC||Promotional video as an ode to Tinder India
*Composed by Kartik Shah
|Varlaam Vaa..||Tamil||Promotional Jingle for Casagrand Platinum by Casagrand Builder (Pvt) Ltd.|
As a Playback singerEdit
|2012||3||Tamil||"Come on Girls"|
|2013||Ethir Neechal||"Boomi Ennai", "Un Paarvayil", " Ethir Neechal"|
|David||Hindi||"Yu Hi Re"||Sung with Shweta Mohan|
|Vanakkam Chennai||Tamil||"Chennai City", "Engadi Porandha", " Ailasa Ailasa", "Osaka", "Oh Penne"|
|Irandaam Ulagam||"Penne Naa Enna Solla", "Iravinil Oruvanai", "Un Kaadhal Ingu Unmaiya"|
|Backbench Student||Telugu||"Sachin Tendulkar Back Bencher"||Composed by Sunil Kashyap|
|2014||Velaiyilla Pattathari||Tamil||"Velaiyilla Pattathari", "Udhungada Sangu", " What a Karuvaad", "Ey Inga Paaru"|
|Maan Karate||"Maanja", "Open The Tasmac", "Un Vizhigalil"|
|Vadacurry||"Low Aana Life-u"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Vaalu||"Hey Vasamoakka"||Composed by S.Thaman|
|Yennamo Yedho||"Nee Yenna Periya Appatakkaraa ?"||Composed by D.Imman|
|Kaththi||"Pakkam Vanthu", "Aathi",|
|Kaaki Sattai||Tamil||"Kadhal Kan Kattudhe", "I'm So Cool", " Shake That", "Trooper Theme"|
|2015||I||"Mersalaayiten", "Mersalaayiten (Remix)"||Composed by A. R. Rahman|
|Romeo Juliet||"Dandanakka"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Premam||Malayalam||"Rockankuthu"||Composed by Rajesh Murugesan|
|Palakkattu Madhavan||Tamil||"Uchi Mela"||Composed by Srikanth Deva|
|Demonte Colony||"Vaada Vaa Machi"||Composed by Keba Jeremiah|
|Maari||"Maari Thara Local", "Don'u Don'u Don'u"|
|Pugazh||"Naanga Podiyan"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Jwalantham||Kannada||"Tamate Tamate"||Composed by Vikram Subramanya|
|Vil Ambu||Tamil||"Aale Saachuputta Kannale"||Composed by Naveen|
|Saahasam||"Oh Madhu"||Composed by S. Thaman|
|Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||"Thangamey", "Neeyum Naanum", " Yennai Maatrum Kadhale", "Varavaa Varavaa"|
|Vedalam||"Aaluma Doluma", "The Theri Theme", "Veera Vinayaka"|
|Jil Jung Juk||"Shoot The Kuruvi"||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Thanga Magan||"Tak Bak"|
|2016||Sethupathi||"Hey Mama"||Composed by Nivas K. Prasanna|
|Kanithan||"Yappa Chappa"||Composed by Sivamani|
|Zero||"Uyire Un Uyirena"||Composed by Nivas K. Prasanna|
|Mappillai Singam||"Edhuku Machan Kadhalu"||Composed by N.R.Ragunathan|
|Thozha||"Thozhaa"||Composed by Gopi Sunder|
|Manal Kayiru 2||"Adiye Thangamatanya"||Composed by Dharan Kumar|
|Manithan||"Munsellada"||Composed by Santhosh Narayanan|
|Marudhu||"Akka Petha Jakkavandi"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Remo||"Remo Nee Kadhalan", "Senjitaley", "Meesa Beauty", "Tamilselvi", "Veshangalil Poiyillai (Additional Song)"|
|Telugu||"Remo Nee Styleki", "Kollegottey"|
|2017||Enakku Vaaitha Adimaigal||Tamil||"Ondroduthan Ondroga"||Composed by Santhosh Dhayanidhi|
|Bogan||"Damaalu Dumeelu"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Rum||"Holá Amigö", "Peiyophobilia", "Kadavulae Vidai (Reprise)","Hola Senorita"|
|Shivalinga||"Rangu Rakkara"||Composed by Thaman S|
|Dora||"Ra Ra Ra"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Simba||"Marandhadhae"||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Neruppu Da||"Karukku Kallangolu"||Composed by Sean Roldan|
|Sangili Bungili Kadhava Thorae||"Hai En Kai Mela"||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Vivegam||"Surviva", Thalai Viduthalai, Kadhalaada (Reprise)|
|Vikram Vedha||"Yaanji"||Composed by Sam C. S.|
|Katha Nayagan||"On Nenappu"||Composed by Sean Roldan.|
|Balloon||"Shut Up Pannunga Titbit","Shut Up Pannunga"||Composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Agnyaathavaasi||Telugu||"Baitikochi Chuste", "Gaali Vaaluga", "Dhaga Dhagamaney"|
|Thaana Serndha Kootam||Tamil||"Naana Thaana", "Enge Endru Povadhu", "Thaana Serntha Kootam Title song"|
|Velaikkaran||"Karuthavanlaam Galeejaam", "Iraiva". "Uyire", "Idhayane"|
|Sakka Podu Podu Raja||"Kalakku Machan"||Composed by Silambarasan|
|Gulaebaghavali||"Guleba"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|2018||Kolamavu Kokila||"Kalyana Vayasu", "Orey Oru", "Thittam Poda Theriyala"|
|NOTA||"Raja Raja Kula"||Composed by Sam C. S.|
|Kanaa||"Othayadi Paathaiyila"||Composed by Dhibu Ninan Thomas|
|Party||"Kanampoochi"||Composed by Premgi Amaren|
|Ezhumin||"Ezhu Ezhu"||Composed by Ganesh Chandrasekaran|
|2019||Petta||"Marana Mass", "Ilamai Thirumbuthe", "Petta Paraak"|
|Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum||Tamil||"Kanamma"||Composed by Sam C. S.|
|Jersey||Telugu||"Adhento Gaani Vunnapaatuga", "Padhe Padhe", "Aarambhame Le"|
|Mr.Local||"Takkunu Takkunu"||Composed by Hiphop Tamizha|
|Ayogya||"Kanne Kanne"||Composed by Sam C.S.|
|Saaho||Telugu||"Psycho Saiyaan"||Composed by Tanishk Bagchi|
|Sixer||"Baa Baa Black Sheep"||Composed by Ghibran|
|Gang Leader||Telugu||"Gang-u Leader", "Hoyna Hoyna"|
|Namma Veetu Pillai||Tamil||"GaandaKannazhagi"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Puppy||"Superstar song"||Composed by Dharan Kumar|
|Sangathamizhan||"Sandakaari Neethan"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Vennila Kabaddi Kuzhu 2||"Tiruvizha"||Composed by V. Selvaganesh|
|Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale||"I Want A Girl"||Composed by Ghibran|
|Oh My Kadavule||"Friendship Anthem"||Composed by Leon James|
|Capmaari||"Ummunu Irukkanum Usupethuna"||Composed by Siddharth Vipin|
|Pattas||"Jigidi Killaadi"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|2020||Darbar||"Chumma Kizhi", "Thani Vazhi", "Tharam Maara"|
|Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal||"Yelo Pullelo"||Composed by Masala Coffee|
|Dharala Prabhu||"Dharala Prabhu"|
|Paava Kadhaigal||"Love Panna Uttranum" (Dad Song)|
|2021||Krack||Telugu||"Balega Tagilavey Bangaram"||Composed by S. Thaman|
|Teddy||Tamil||"Nanbiye"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Ranga||"Theeramal"||Composed by Ramjeevan|
|Master||"Vaathi Coming", "Vaathi Raid", "Kutti Story","Quit Pannuda"|
|Bhoomi||"Thamizhan Endru Sollada"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Sulthan||"Jai Sulthan"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Jagame Thandhiram||"Bujji"||Composed by Santhosh Narayanan|
|Doctor||"Chellamma", "Nenjame", "So baby"|
|Varun Doctor||Telugu||"Chittemma", "So Baby"|
|Arasiyalla Idhellam Saadharnamappa||Tamil||"Knockout song"||Composed by Madley Blues|
|Oh Manapenne||"Bodhai Kaname"||Composed by Vishal Chandrashekhar|
|Enna Solla Pogirai||"Cute Ponnu"||Composed by Vivek–Mervin|
|Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kaadhal||"Rendu Kadhal", "Two Two Two"|
|Bommala Koluvu||Telugu||"Mudhiche Na Sukumari"||Composed by Pravin Lakkaraju|
|2022||Etharkkum Thunindhavan||Tamil||"Vaada Thambi"||Composed by D Imman, sung with GV Prakash Kumar|
|Radhe Shyam||Telugu||"Sanchari"||Composed by Justin Prabhakaran|
|RRR||Tamil||"Natpu"||Composed by M. M. Keeravani|
|Don||"Jalabula Jangu", "Private Party"|
|DJ Tillu||Telugu||"Pataas Pilla"||Composed by Sricharan Pakala|
|Beast||Tamil||"Arabic Kuthu", "Beast Mode"|
|Telugu||"Halamathi Habibo", "Beast Mode"|
|Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kaadhal||Tamil||"Kaathu Vaakula Rendu (Title Track)", "Kanne Kanmaniyae", "Azha Thonudhe"||Additional tracks, sung with Santhosh Narayanan for KRK Title Track|
|Vikram||"Vikram (Title Track)", "Wasted", "Once Upon A Time", "Porkanda Singam (EDM Version)"|
|Thiruchitrambalam||"Life of Pazham"|
|Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva||"Dancela Bodha Yethuda"|
|23 February 2022||Live in Dubai Expo 2020||DEC Arena, Dubai, UAE|
|17 September 2022
21 October 2022
17 November 2022
|Once Upon A Time Tour||• Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
Appearances in Music videosEdit
|2012||Why This Kolaveri Di||Tamil||Dhanush||Song for 3, appeared alongside the film's lead actors Dhanush and Shruti Haasan.|
|2013||Ethir Neechal||Anirudh Ravichander, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Hiphop Tamizha||Making video of Ethir Neechal, appeared alongside the film's lead actors and song artists.|
|Chennai City Gangsta||Hiphop Tamizha, Hard Kaur & Country Chicken||Promotional video for film Vanakkam Chennai.|
|Vanakkam Chennai Mashup||with Papon, Vishal Dadlani, Pragathi, Andrea Jeremiah, Suchitra, Arjun, Hard Kaur, Hiphop Tamizha||Promotional Mashup video for film Vanakkam Chennai.
*Remixed by Vivek Siva
|2016||Sirikkadhey||Anirudh Ravichander, Arjun Kanungo & Srinidhi Venkatesh||Promotional video for film Remo.|
|2017||Iraiva||Anirudh Ravichander, Jonita Gandhi||Promotional video for film Velaikkaran.|
|Gaali Vaaluga||Telugu||Anirudh Ravichander||Tribute to Pawan Kalyan; Promotional video for film Agnyaathavaasi.|
|2018||Gun In Kadhal||Tamil||Vijay Yesudas||Promotional video for Kolamaavu Kokila, appeared alongside the film's lead actress Nayanthara.|
|Orey Oru||Anirudh Ravichander, Jonita Gandhi||Lyrical video of Orey Oru from Kolamaavu Kokila.|
|Thittam Poda Theriyala||Anirudh Ravichander||Promotional video for Kolamaavu Kokila.|
|Anirudh Ravichander||Sung the song "The Karma theme" and appeared in the promotional video song alongside the film's lead actress Samantha.|
|2019||Nani's Gang Leader||Telugu||Nani, Anirudh Ravichandar||Promotional video for Gangu leader song, appeared alongside the film's lead actor Nani.|
|2020||Vaathi Coming||Tamil||Anirudh Ravichander, Gana Balachandar||Lyrical video of Vaathi Coming for Master|
|Chellamma||Anirudh Ravichander, Jonita Gandhi||Lyrical video of Chellama for Doctor|
|2021||Rendu Kaadhal||Anirudh Ravichander, Shakthisree Gopalan, Aishwarya Suresh Bindra||Song for Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kaadhal.|
|Two Two Two||Sanjana Kalmanje, Sunidhi Chauhan, Anirudh Ravichander|
|M. M Keeravani, Anirudh Ravichandar||Promotional video for Dosti, Natpu, and Priyam along with Vijay Yesudas, Amit Trivedi, Hemachandra, Yazin Nizar|
|Arabic Kuthu||Tamil, Telugu, Hindi||Anirudh Ravichander, Jonita Gandhi||Lyrical video of Arabic Kuthu for Beast (Raw in Hindi)|
|Private Party||Tamil||Anirudh Ravichander, Jonita Gandhi||Lyrical video of Private Party for Don|
|2012||60th Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||3||Nominated|
|Vijay Awards||Favourite Song||Nominated|
|Best Find of the Year||Won|
|Best Music Director||Nominated|
|2nd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Sensational Music Director||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|2013||Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Vanakkam Chennai||Won|
|61st Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Vijay Awards||Favourite Song||Nominated|
|Best Music Director||Nominated|
|3rd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|Best Male Playback Singer||Nominated|
|Behindwoods Gold Medal||Best Music Director||Vanakkam Chennai, Ethirneechal||Won|
|2014||Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Kaththi||Won|
|62nd Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Vijay Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|Best Background Score||Nominated|
|4th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|Most Streamed Song – Tamil||Won|
|1st IIFA Utsavam||Best Music Director||Kaththi||Won|
|2015||5th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||Won|
|Best Male Playback Singer||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best Background Score||Vedalam||Won|
|2nd IIFA Utsavam||Playback Singer – Male||Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||Won|
|2016||Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Remo||Won|
|64th Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Best Playback Singer-Male||Nominated|
|6th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Singer Male||Won|
|Best Music Director||Nominated|
|2017||BehindWoods MS Vishwanathan Gold Medal For Next Gen Music Director||Best Music Director||Won|
|Social Media Summit and Awards (SMSA) (from Government of AP)||Music Sensation on Social Media||Won|
|Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards||Best Playback Singer Male||Karuthavanlaam Galeejam from Velaikkaran, Yaanji Yaanji from Vikram Vedha||Won|
|65th Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Tamil||Yaanji Yaanji from Vikram Vedha||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best music director||Velaikaran||Won|
|2018||Vijay Awards||Best Male Playback Singer||Iraivaa from Velaikkaran||Won|
|2019||8th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Male Playback Singer||'Kalyana Vayasu' from Kolamavu Kokila||Nominated|
|Best Music Director||Kolamavu Kokila||Won|
|2020||Zee Cine Awards Tamil||Best Music Director||Petta||Won|
|Mirchi Music Awards South||Listeners Choice Album||Petta||Won|
|Viral Song of the Year||Marana Mass||Won|
|Album of the year||Gang Leader||Won|
|2021||9th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Petta||Nominated|
|Best Music Director||Jersey||Nominated|
|Best Best Male Playback Singer - Tamil||Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum||Nominated|
|2021||10th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Male Playback Singer - Tamil||Dharala Prabhu||Nominated|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020)
|2011||UK Music Academy Awards for Most World Popular Music Director for the film 3|
|Best Indian of the Year award for the film 3 honored by Government of India|
|Government of Uttar Pradesh award for Best New talent music director for the film 3|
|2012||New York Best New Music Talent Award for "Ai Dil Mere" (Promotional track for MTV's Rush)|
|Mirchi Listeners' Choice – Album of the Year Mirchi Music Awards South for the film 3|
|2016||Cinema Express Award – Best Music Director for Naanum Rowdy Dhaan|
|Mirchi Music Awards Tamil for the best Music composer, Song of the Year, Album of the year for Naanum Rowdy Dhaan|
|Provoke Lifestyle Awards – Best Music Director 2015–2016|
|2017||Pride of Tamil Nadu 2017 awards|
|Oscar Awards -South India's Most Admired Musical Prodigy Award|
|Social Media Icon award at the Global Mobile Apps Summit & Awards|
|2020||Listeners choice - Album of the year for Petta, Viral song of the year - Marana Mass & Album of the year - Gang Leader|
|2021||Listeners choice & cult song of the decade for 3|
- "Music composer Anirudh Ravichander celebrates his 27th birthday today, October 16, 2017". 16 October 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh Ravichander Awards: List of awards and nominations received by Anirudh Ravichander | Times of India Entertainment". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Marur, Deeksha (21 November 2011). "Kolaveri Di goes viral". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 27 May 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- Dutt, Purba; Prabhakar, Jyothi (15 February 2018). "Chennai Times Most Desirable Man 2017: Anirudh". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- Banerjee, Urmimala; Banerjee, ByUrmimala (21 June 2021). " Thalapathy Vijay will be new title card of Vijay from film Beast". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "After S Janaki, Anirudh ropes in Yesudas! – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Anirudh Ravichander inks a deal with Sony Music". India Today. 13 May 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh Ravichander brings an Indian twist to 'Cold Water'". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Kolaveri has changed my life, says Anirudh Ravichander". Deccan Chronicle. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- Raghavan, Nikhil (3 November 2012). "High notes". The Hindu.
- Srinivasan, Madhumitha (30 November 2011). "Enjoying the high". The Hindu.
- "Trisha | Which Celebrity belongs to your school/college?". M.behindwoods.com. 23 April 2016. Retrieved 26 February 2022.
- "Here's how the Kolaveri Di song happened! - Rediff.com".
- "Anirudh Ravichander is the shining star of music". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Malini Shankaran (27 November 2011). "I didn't expect such a big break: Anirudh". The Times of India. TNN. Archived from the original on 17 July 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Kolaveri is the most searched video". The Times of India. 21 November 2011. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Danush's '3 – Why this kolaveri di' a smashing hit – Video". KollyInsider. 19 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- Ramadurai, Charukesi (24 November 2011). "Tamil 'nonsense' film song goes viral in India". BBC. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Here's how the Kolaveri Da song happened!". Rediff.com. 28 November 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Kolaveri bags YouTube Gold Award", Shows Bollywood website, 7 December 2011, archived from the original on 17 September 2014, retrieved 15 July 2013
- "Kolaveri bags YouTube Gold Award". Sify. 7 December 2011. Archived from the original on 8 December 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- Kamath, Sudhish (23 November 2011). "Why this 'Why this Kolaveri'?". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 24 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Review: 3's music is more than Kolaveri Di". Rediff. 26 December 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "3 MUSIC REVIEW". Behindwoods. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Dhanush, Samantha win top honours at Vijay Awards". The Times of India. Indo-Asian News Service. 13 May 2013. Archived from the original on 16 June 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Anirudh works on Hindi '3'". IndiaGlitz. 17 February 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Deeksha Marur (22 March 2012). "Anirudh Ravichander wants to work with Pitbull". The Times of India. TNN. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Srinivasa Ramanujam (8 February 2012). "Dhanush releases Sachin song!". The Times of India. TNN. Archived from the original on 26 December 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "'David' Tamil Music Review: The soundtrack boasts of trendsetting music". CNN-IBN. 15 January 2013. Archived from the original on 18 January 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "David Music Review david, Vikram, Jiiva". Behindwoods. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Ethir Neechal Songs Review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Review: Ethir Neechal is an absolute delight". Rediff. 3 May 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Trend-setting move by Sony Music and Anirudh, anirudh, ethir neechal". Behindwoods. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Audio beat: Vanakkam Chennai – Take a welcome break. The Hindu (10 August 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014. Finally caught in Blue Film
- Vanakkam Chennai Songs Review Vanakkam Chennai, Anirudh, Shiva. Behindwoods.com (27 July 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Review: Vanakkam Chennai is a feel-good love story – Rediff.com Movies. Rediff.com (11 October 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Anirudh and Selvaraghavan off to Budapest, Hungary to record the Symphony for Irandam Ulagam aka Ira. Behindwoods.com (30 September 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Movie Review : Irandam Ulagam. Sify.com. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Velaiyilla Pattathari (aka) Velai Illa Pattathari songs review". behindwoods.com.
- "VELAIYILLA PATTATHARI SONGS REVIEW". Behindwoods. 14 February 2014. Archived from the original on 5 October 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Velaiyilla Pattathari – Trend setter". IndiaGlitz. 14 February 2014. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Velaiyilla Pattathari (aka) Velai Illa Pattathari review". behindwoods.com.
- "Review: Velaiyilla Pattadhari is pure entertainment".
- "Maan Karate team meets the press over audio success". behindwoods.com.
- "Review: Maan Karate is a letdown by uninspiring direction - Rediff.com Movies". Archived from the original on 9 April 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "AR Murugadoss opens up on 'Kaththi'". Sify. 26 June 2014. Archived from the original on 21 August 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- Nicy V. P. (20 September 2014). "'Kaththi' Music Review Roundup: Anirudh Strikes Again". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 20 September 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "'Kaththi' on top and trending!". Behindwoods. 18 September 2014. Archived from the original on 18 September 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Haridas, Durgesh (18 September 2014). "Music Review: Ilayathalapathy Vijay's 'Kaththi' cuts across to top charts". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 18 September 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Review : (2014)". sify.com. Archived from the original on 22 October 2014.
- Ians (3 November 2014). "'Kaththi' crosses Rs. 100 crore mark". The Hindu.
- "Gautham Menon to give a dream launch for Anirudh?, Gautham, Anirudh Ravichander". Behindwoods. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- The first look of Aakko features only Anirudh. Behindwoods.com (1 January 2014). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Maari (aka) Maarri songs review". Behindwoods. 7 June 2015.
- "Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (aka) Naanum Rowdy Thaan songs review". Behindwoods. 14 October 2015.
- "Vedalam (aka) Vedhalam songs review". Behindwoods. 15 October 2015.
- "Thala Ajith makes Tamil cinema history with 'Vedalam' box office collections & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 11 November 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Thangamagan (aka) Thanga Magan songs review". Behindwoods. 27 November 2015.
- "Anirudh Ravichander inks a deal with Sony Music".
- "Sony Music signs on Anirudh Ravichander".
- "REMO (aka) REMO Movie songs review". Behindwoods. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Remo Music review songs lyrics – IndiaGlitz.com". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- South, Sony Music. "They surely know how to create chartbusters! The songs of #Remo are topping iTunes charts". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Surviva single from Vivegam crosses 1 million streams in less than 10 days". 27 June 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- kaushik. "#1 on iTunes Charts ...@anirudhofficialpic.twitter.com/NxM1pnsTOr". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Vivegam (aka) Vivekam Songs review". 7 August 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Velaikkaran (aka) Vellaikkaran songs review". Behindwoods. 3 December 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Velaikkaran music review: Anirudh Ravichander strikes gold with this catchy, emotional album- Entertainment News, Firstpost". 22 December 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Scroll Staff. "Watch: A love story told through film posters in vertical music video 'Bewajah'". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh's Bewajah is an instant hit". 13 November 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Agnyaathavaasi (aka) Agnyaatha Vaasi songs review". Behindwoods. 20 December 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Angyaathavaasi music review: Anirudh Ravichander's debut Telugu album meets expectations". 19 December 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Agnyaathavasi review. Agnyaathavasi Telugu movie review, story, rating – IndiaGlitz.com". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Hooli, Shekhar H (9 January 2018). "Agnyaathavaasi (Agnathavasi) movie review: Pawan Kalyan-Trivikram combo rocks again". International Business Times. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Marana Mass (From "Petta")".
- "Sivakarthikeyan's Chellama reaches 100 million views". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- Banerjee, Urmimala; Banerjee, ByUrmimala (21 June 2021). "Thalapathy Vijay will be new title card of Vijay from film Beast". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "Vikram star Kamal Haasan is 'eager' to start Indian 2, shares crucial update on Shankar's film". DNA India. 18 June 2022.
- "Vikram: Complaint filed against Kamal Haasan's Pathala Pathala for taking on Union Government".
- "Police complaint filed against Kamal Haasan's 'Pathala Pathala' song". The Times of India.
- Rajaraman, Kaushik (20 May 2022). "Don was a huge responsibility as well as a challenge: KM Bhaskaran". DT Next. Archived from the original on 20 May 2022. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- "The second single of Vijay Sethupathi's Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kadhal to be out on this date!". IndiaGlitz. 10 September 2021. Archived from the original on 21 September 2021. Retrieved 20 September 2021.
- "DnA is back! Anirudh and Dhanush to join hands for D44". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 17 March 2022. Retrieved 17 March 2022.
- "'Thaai Kelavi' From 'Thiruchitrambalam' Garners 2.5 Million Views On YouTube In Less Than A Day!".
- "Dhanush's lyrical 'Thaai Kelavi' song from 'Thiruchitrambalam' faces trouble". The Times of India.
- "Dhanush's Thaai Kelavi song from Thiruchitrambalam lands in trouble".
- "Thiruchitrambalam: Thaai Kelvai song from Dhanush's next lands in trouble; Read details".
- "'Megham Karukkatha' second single from Dhanush's 'Thiruchitrambalam' out on July 15". The Times of India.
- "'Life of Pazham': Third single from Dhanush's Thiruchitrambalam released". The Indian Express. 27 July 2022. Retrieved 27 July 2022.
- "Thiruchitrambalam fourth single sung by Santhosh Narayanan to release tomorrow". cinemaexpress.com. 29 July 2022.
- Thiruchitrambalam (Tamil) - Jukebox | Sun Pictures | Dhanush | Anirudh, retrieved 31 July 2022
- "AR Rahman to compose music for Atlee's film with Shah Rukh Khan? - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "JAWAN | Title Announcement | Shah Rukh Khan | Atlee Kumar | 02 JUNE 2023". YouTube.
- "Rajinikanth's 'Thalaivar 169' titled 'Jailer'". The Hindu.
- "'AK 62': Ajith teams up with Vignesh Shivan". The Hindu.
- "#NTR30: Anirudh Ravichander roped in to compose music for Jr NTR's upcoming film with Koratala Siva".
- "Oosingo: Anirudh and Arivu's new song on COVID-19 vaccines, myths and anti-vaxxers". 25 October 2021.
- "Anirudh – Behindwoods Gold Medal Winner 2013 – Best Music for Vanakkam Chennai and Ethir Neechal – Behindwoods Tamil Film Awards". behindwoods.com.
- "Music director Anirudh wins MSV next generation musician award at BGM 2017". 27 July 2017.
- StartAP. "Social Media Summit and Awards 2017". smsummit.in. Archived from the original on 22 November 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Deepika, Rana, Anirudh and RJ Balaji honoured". Archived from the original on 23 November 2017.
- "Mirchi Music Awards South 2016 Full Show Live & Winners List". updatebro.com. September 2016.
- "Provoke Lifestyle Awards". Archived from the original on 11 August 2016.
- "Pride of Tamil Nadu awards presented". The Hindu. 20 March 2017.
- "Game changer Anirudh wins hearts with South India's Most Admired Musical Prodigy Award at Audi Ritz Style Awards. – RITZ". 13 March 2017.
- "Anirudh wins the Social Media Icon award – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Listeners choice of year - Mirchi Music awards 2020".
- "Listeners choice & cult song".