Vivegam (English: Prudence) is a 2017 Indian Tamil-language action thriller film co-written and directed by Siva. The movie features Ajith Kumar as primary lead, with Vivek Oberoi, Kajal Aggarwal and Akshara Haasan playing the supporting roles. The film's background score and soundtrack were composed by Anirudh Ravichander, whose soundtrack album released on 7 August 2017. Cinematography was performed by Vetri and editing by Anthony L. Ruben.
Promotional film poster
|Produced by||Sendhil Thyagarajan
T. G. Thyagarajan (Presenter)
|Music by||Anirudh Ravichander|
|Box office||₹167 crore|
The film opens with an arms exchange deal between the General Secretary of Europol police and the Head of the Russian mafia gang in a dense Serbian forest, secured with multiple layers of military personnel. AK, a former counter-terrorist agent successfully intercepts the deal and secures the weapons drive. Meanwhile, the international counter terrorist group is on the lookout for him. Aryan, a Chief Strategist and his team volunteers to find AK.
AK lives happily with his wife Yazhini, who owns and manages an Indian restaurant. Their merry life is interrupted by a mission to trace a hacker, Natasha from Bulgaria, who is responsible for cracking the security codes of the plutonium weapons. There were already three man-made sesmic activities caused by the explosion of plutionium bombs. She is wanted by the Interpol, CIA as well as the terrorists groups around the world for her hacking skills. AK's mission is to secure the hacker, thereby preventing the two future sesmic quakes targeted in India.
AK goes back to Serbia, in search of Natasha, where he is guided by Aps(Arumai Prakasm), a local translator. AK interrogates the hospital doctors in the city and finds out, Natasha has undergone plastic facial alteration surgery. Meanwhile, an Albanian gang has hijacked Natasha's boyfriend and tortured him to death. With the help of the pacemaker found in her boyfriend's body, AK traces Natasha and moves her to a safe house.
Natasha was unaware that the code she decrypted was that of nuclear weapon. She feels guilty and proposes she can diffuse the remaining Plutonium weapons from a neutrino site. On their way to the site, Natasha is killed by a group of terrorists. Aryan and his team ambuishes AK and opens fire at him. AK survives the ambush and kills two of his ex-teammates. Aryan hires assassin to kill Yazhini. But AK neuralizes the assassins and saves his wife. Later, AK comes to know that Aryan and his teammates belong to the shadow government who controls the economy of the world by war manipulation. Aryan as a counter-terrorist officer and as an agent of shadow government, forces AK and his pregnant wife into hiding by blaming AK as the most wanted terrorist. Then AK releases a video challenging Aryan and his group to save Aryan from getting assassinated. Aryan kidnaps AK's wife and forces AK. Then AK tries to stop the nuclear weapon from blasting by turning of all the satellites by powerhub. To stop AK from continuing his job Aryan kidnaps AK's wife and keeps her in a secret place then he tells AK that his wife has been kidnapped by me so what will you do will you save your wife? or going to stop the bomb from blasting?. Then AK comes to the rescue and eventually beats up Aryan and prevents the plutonium weapon from blasting. Then AK with his wife and child goes in a long drive in car suddenly a mission comes for AK.
- Ajith Kumar as Ajay Kumar "AK"
- Vivek Oberoi as Aryan Singha
- Kajal Aggarwal as Yazhini Ajay Kumar
- Akshara Haasan as Natasha
- Aarav Chowdhary as Shawn
- Karunakaran as Arumai Prakasam "APS"
- Amila Terzimehic as Rachael
- Serge Crozon-Cazin as Michael "Mike"
- Bharath Reddy as Bharath
- Sharat Saxena
- Milan in a special appearance
Anirudh Ravichander is the music composer for the movie and come back of Yogi B . Vetri had signed to handle the camera  and Ruben will be editing. Anu Vardhan, who had worked with Ajith in Billa (2007), Aegan (2008), Arrambam (2013) and Vedalam (2015) will be designing his costumes in this movie. Kaloyan Vodenicharov and K. Ganesh Kumar will be the stunt directors in this movie. The title of the film, Vivegam, was announced in early February 2017. There has been several shooting spot pics released by though.The official first look poster released along with title on 2 February. Director has revealed that Vivek Obreoi is not playing antagonist's role in the movie.
Principal photography commenced in Slovenia on 1 August 2016, and reported that at least 70% percent will be shot in Europe for this action thriller. First schedule successfully completed in Europe and Second schedule in Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad on 3 October week. Thala 57 is in its final schedule in Bulgaria where most of the cast members are said to be taking part in the shoot. The team informed that nearly 75 percent of the film shot was complete and while the rest of the production was ongoing in Chennai. It is reported that the movie is filmed in a restricted military base in Eastern Europe. The team has completed their final shoot schedule in Serbia on such locations like Belgrade city centre, Belgrade Museum of Aviation and Bor lake. Principal photography wrapped in July 2017.
|Soundtrack album by Anirudh Ravichander|
|Released||7 August 2017|
|Studio||Albuquerque Records, Chennai|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Anirudh Ravichander chronology|
|Singles from Vivegam|
The film score and soundtrack has been composed by Anirudh Ravichander, becoming his second collaboration with Ajith Kumar and Siva as well. The soundtrack, consists of seven tracks, including one theme music track. The music rights were secured by Sony Music. Prior to the official soundtrack launch, three singles were released through Saavn.
First single "Surviva" was released on 19 June 2017 with the song being, a western based EDM number. The second single "Thalai Viduthalai" released on 10 July 2017 with the song falling under "the death metal rock" genre. The song had Ajith’s voice all along and his words about success and failure. It is quoted by Anirudh himself on Twitter to be a 'dedication to Ajithkumar’s 25 years of grit, determination and hard work in his cinematic career'. The third single "Kadhaalada" was released on 20 July 2017. The song was a classical number. The full album was released on 7 August 2017.
|1.||"Surviva"||Siva, Yogi B||Yogi B, Anirudh Ravichander, Malavika Manoj||3:43|
|2.||"Thalai Viduthalai"||Siva||Anirudh Ravichander, Harish Swaminathan, Ajith Kumar||3:20|
|3.||"Kadhalaada"||Kabilan Vairamuthu||Pradeep Kumar, Shashaa Tirupati||4:21|
|4.||"AK Theme – Ready to Rage"||Theme By Anirudh||Instrumental||1:29|
|5.||"Veriyera"||Siva||M.M Manasi, Poorvi Koutish||4:39|
|6.||"Kadhalaada Reprise"||Kabilan Vairamuthu||Shashaa Tirupati, Anirudh Ravichander, Namratha, Pooja||2:26|
|7.||"Never Give Up"||Raja Kumari||Raja Kumari||4:41|
Soundtrack album review
Bollywoodlife rated the album 4 out of 5 and stated "Right from the first single,Surviva, Vivegam’s music album has caught everyone;’s attention for its groovy, soulful compositions". Onlykollywood rated the album for 4 out of 5 and stated the album to be "Stylish, smashing soundtrack". KollyBuzz rated the album for 4 out of 5 and stated "The songs give an impression that it could appear as montage numbers mostly, but then it’s a new wave of musical stretch by Anirudh". Behindwoods rated the album 3 out of 5 and stated Anirudh delivers a convincingly International album in his forte for Ajith's Vivegam. Studioflicks rated the album 3 out of 5 and stated their verdict as "A new age musical album from Anirudh".
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: We don't normally drool over an actor's chiseled torso in a neutral encyclopedia. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vivegam was released on 24 August 2017.
The first look of Vivegam was released on 2 February 2017 at 12:01 AM in which Ajith Kumar surprises his audiences by showcasing his chiselled torso. Sporting army fatigues and a salt-and-pepper hairstyle, Ajith is seen in the midst of an action scene, with helicopters and army men in the background. Ajith’s physical transformation has come up for much praise, given that he had to undergo a painful knee operation in November 2015, after the release of his last film, Vedalam.
The Vivegam teaser was released by the film's makers on 11 May 2017 at 12 A.M. and it shows Ajith running about, flexing his muscles, dodging bullets and shooting bullets. It became the fastest movie teaser to reach 5 million views within 12 hours after breaking the earlier record of 5 million views of set by Kabali teaser in 24 hours and also went on to become the most liked for an Indian film after surpassing the record of 500 thousand and more likes set by Tubelight teaser earlier. Trailer of this movie was released 17 August 2017 at 12.00 am.
The Vivegam trailer was presented by Siva at 12.00 am. and it promises to be a "Tamil film with an international flavor" in its content and as well as making. it carries all the elements of friendship, romance, sentiment and action unlike the teaser, which was completely action packed. The trailer is dedicated to showing the attitude of Ajith’s character, which is he will move mountains or die trying. He is beaten again and again but yet he keeps bouncing back.
Behindwoods rated the film 2.25 out of 5, stating," Vivegam – High on production value and action. Heavily dependent on Ajith's persona, engagement factor takes a beating". Srinivasa Ramanujan of The Hindu wrote, "Vivegam is a misfire on many levels. It’s an attempt to make an “international” thriller, with the assumption that a star with a huge fan base would be able to pull it off. Ajith’s effort is sincere, but Vivegam just doesn’t come together." Kolly Buzz mentioned the movie is strictly for Ajith Kumar fans and technically well nurtured too.
- An analysis of the first look poster of Vivegam. M.behindwoods.com (3 February 2017). Retrieved on 2017-06-04.
- A new version of 'Never Ever Give Up' in 'Vivegam'-Tamil Movie News. M.indiaglitz.com. Retrieved on 4 June 2017.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Vivegam box office collection: Ajith-starrer grosses Rs 112 crore in its lifetime". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- "Vivegam: Thala Ajith starrer emerges big flop, final collections lesser than opening weekend collections of Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal". CatchNews.com. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- "WATCH Vivegam teaser: Thala Ajiths spy thriller looks enticing and promising". Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Ajith's Vivegam passes the censor board test, gets a release date". The Indian Express. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "விவேகம் படத்தில் ஹாலிவுட் நடிகை அமிலா டெர்ஜிமெஹிக் !". New Kollywood. 31 July 2017.
- "'Thala 57:' Sasikumar to turn baddie in Ajith's next film?". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "'Thala 57': Kajal Aggarwal to romance Ajith?". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "AN IMPORTANT CHANGE IN AK 57". Indiaglitz. 26 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Thala 57: Ajith flaunts his chiseled physique in Vivegam first look, see pic. The Indian Express. Retrieved on 4 June 2017.
- Ajith's Vivegam look leaves Shah Rukh Khan awestruck : Celebrities, News – India Today. Indiatoday.intoday.in (2 February 2017). Retrieved on 2017-06-04.
- Vivegam Release Date, Cast, Heroine, Songs, Audio Launch. Scooptimes. Retrieved on 4 June 2017.
- ""Vivek Oberoi is not a villain in Vivegam" – Siva surprises". Top 10 Cinema. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Kajal Aggarwal and Ajith's 'Thala57' begins rolling today!". DNA India. 1 August 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Srivatsan (4 August 2016). "Thala 57: Is this the plot of Ajith Kumar's upcoming thriller?". India Today. New Delhi. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "Vivegam shoot in restricted zone of Europe". Top 10 Cinema. 21 April 2017. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Vivegam team bids adieu to Serbia". Top 10 Cinema. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- ""Srpska hrana je bezukusna, ali RAKIJA NIJE!" Kako se u Srbiji provodi ekipa od 30 Indijaca". Blic Online (in Serbian). 7 May 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "It's a wrap for Vivegam". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- Vivegam music review: Anirudh Ravichander's groovy compositions from the Ajith Kumar album are NOT to be missed. Bollywoodlife.com (9 August 2017). Retrieved on 2017-10-23.
- Vivegam Songs Review. Only Kollywood (7 August 2017). Retrieved on 2017-10-23.
- Vivegam Music Review • Kolly Buzz. Kollybuzz.com. Retrieved on 23 October 2017.
- Vivegam (aka) Vivekam Songs review. M.behindwoods.com (7 August 2017). Retrieved on 2017-10-23.
- Mahesh, Richard (7 August 2017) Vivegam Music Review. studioflicks.com
- "Cleared with UA certificate, Ajith's Vivegam to finally hit screens on August 24". Hindustan Times. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- Sun TV on Twitter: "@SunTV buys broadcast rights of Ajith's #Vivegam #VIVEGAMSatelliteRightsBySUNTV #AK25". Twitter.com (9 August 2017). Retrieved on 2017-10-23.
- Vivegam first look: Ajithâ€™s stuns in a chiselled physique in new poster | regional movies. Hindustan Times. Retrieved on 23 October 2017.
- "'Thala' Ajith-starrer 'Vivegam' teaser released". Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Ajith's 'Vivegam' teaser beats Rajinikanth's 'Kabali'". Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Vivegam breaks records". Express News Service. 26 July 2017.
- "Ajith's Vivegam Official trailer". Behindwoods. 16 August 2017. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- quintdaily (23 August 2017). "Vivegam Tamil Movie Rating [4/5],Audience Review – QuintDaily".
- Ramanujam, Srinivasa (24 August 2017). "'Vivegam' review: Fast without fury". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 24 August 2017.
- "Ajith Kajal starrer Vivekam aka Vivegam Movie Review". kollybuzz.com. Retrieved 25 August 2017.