This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kabilan Vairamuthu is a Tamil writer from Tamil Nadu the southern state of India. He is an engineering graduate who went on to pursue communication for social change in the school of Journalism - UQ -Australia. After serving as an executive producer for programming and current affairs in the Tamil television industry for three plus years, Kabilan is now a full time writer with the tamil film industry. He is the son of the famous Tamil poet and lyricist Vairamuthu.
|Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Relatives||Madhan Karky (Brother)|
Kabilan published his first book at 18. He is the author of five poetry collections, a short story collection and three novels. Kabilan Vairamuthu represented Tamil Nadu at the Sahitya Akademi's north eastern and southern poetry forum 2014 held in Kochi. During his college days he founded Makkal Anukka Peravai, a socio-political organization which works to address the self and social issues of the younger generation. The school once formulated will function to re-culture and professionalize the political practices of the state. The idea is to create sensible substance and a feasible platform for the youngsters to actively participate in development politics.
Kabilan Vairamuthu is the second son of authors Vairamuthu and Ponmani Vairamuthu. Vairamuthu is a lyricist and a seven-time National Award winner. Ponmani, a Tamil scholar, published poetry collections and a novel and worked as a lecturer in Meenakshi College for Women, Chennai for 22 years. Kabilan's elder brother Madhan Karky has a doctorate in sensor networks and is a lyricist. Kabilan's wife Dr.Ramya, is a gynecologist and laproscopic surgeon. Mettoori Kabilan is the kid of the family. She has been named after "Mettoor" kabilan's native village. The village is now an under water bed at the Vaigam Dam.
Education and careerEdit
Kabilan worked in a software company. After two years he decided to switch to journalism and media. He pursued his Masters in Communication for Social Change in the University of Queensland, Australia.
As one of the creative minds in new generation media, Kabilan was involved in the launch of puthiya thalaimurai – a 24-hour news channel and Puthuyugam a GEC all in Tamil. The following were the shows produced so far:
- Kalam Irangiyavargal (Anchor and Producer) – a show on young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Vidai Thedum Vivaathangal (Anchor and Producer) – A focus group on social issues
- Thiramai Pongum Tamizhagam (Executive Producer) – showcasing interesting talents
- Gaanamum Kaatchiyum (Executive Producer) – a show which reviews film songs – a first time in television
- Vina Vidai Vettai (Executive Producer) – A quiz on India
- Ulagam Yaavayum
- Endraan Kavingan
- Manithanaku Aduthavan
- Kadavulodu Pechuvaarthai
- Kavithaigal 100
- Kathai – Kabilan Vairamuthu
- Boomerang Bhoomi – based on the historical connection between the South Indian race and the Australian aborigines, the novel is a message against global terrorism. Many research students from reputed universities across the state have chosen this novel for their academic papers.
- Uyirsol – a true story based on post-natal depression - the book carries a CD which has the theme song for the novel
- Meinigari - a novel based on making of a reality show in a general entertainment channel - official site 
- Udhayam NH4
- Vennila Veedu
- Aayirathil Iruvar
- Vellaiya Irukiravan Poi Solla Maatan
- Peigal Jaakkirathai
- Traffic Ramasamy
- Imaikka Nodigal
- Vantha Rajavathaan Varuven
- July Kaatril
- Thatrom Thookrom
- Asura Guru
- Naan Sirithaal
- Yenthiru Anjali Yenthiru
- Mandhira Kannilae
- Ilaingargal Ennum Naam
- "Ilaingargal Ennum Naam | Documentary | Full Video | Kabilan Vairamuthu". 24 September 2017. Retrieved 18 November 2018.