Agadir–Al Massira Airport
Agadir – Al Massira Airport (Arabic: مطار المسيرة, transliterated: Matar al-Maseera, French: Aéroport Al Massira; IATA: AGA, ICAO: GMAD) is an international airport serving Agadir, a major city in southwest Morocco and the capital of Souss-Massa region. The airport is located in the commune of Temsia, 20 km southeast of Agadir proper. In 2007, Al Massira International Airport served 1,502,094 passengers. In later years, Agadir and its tourism boomed, having new flights introduced to Al Massira from new airports from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Agadir – Al Massira Airport
Aéroport Al Massira
|Elevation AMSL||226 ft / 69 m|
Runway and apronEdit
The runway in direction 09/27 measures 3,200 by 45 metres (10,499 ft × 148 ft). Aircraft up to the size of a Boeing 747 can land on the airport. The airport has an ILS Class II certification and offers the following radionavigational aids: VOR – DME – 2 X NDB.
Total terminal area is 26,550 square metres (285,782 sq ft) and projected capacity is 3 million passengers per year. There is one large waiting room, divided in two to provide for national flights (no customs) and international flights. Passengers flying to Casablanca with a connecting international flight can pass through passport control in Agadir to save transfer time at Mohammed V. Agadir is one of the six airports in Morocco where ONDA offers its special VIP service Salon Convives de Marque.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
ONDA reported the following statistics regarding Al Massira Airport.
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On 21 August 1994, Royal Air Maroc Flight 630, crashed approximately ten minutes after take-off from Agadir Airport. All 44 passengers and crew on board were killed. The crash is believed to have been a deliberate act by the aircraft's pilot.
- Statistics sourced from ONDA website documents and/or airport websites
- Airport information for GMAD from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for AGA at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Agadir Airport". ONDA website. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- ONDA website on the VIP service, visited 17 March 2012
- Liu, Jim. "easyJet further expands new routes in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 21 August 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Edelweiss Air S20 Short-Haul service changes as of 30OCT19". Routesonline. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Charter flights". tui.pl.
- Liu, Jim (4 December 2019). "Transavia launches Brussels base in S20". routesonline.com.
- Liu, Jim. "Transavia France launches Montpellier base in April 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- Liu, Jim (9 December 2019). "TUI Airways adds Newcastle – Agadir service from May 2020". routesonline.com.
- "Office National des aéroports -Je découvre ONDA - Communiqués de presse". www.onda.ma.
- source details 2009/2010:Official ONDA report December 2010 Archived 30 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 11 December 2011
- source details 2008:Official ONDA report 2007-2008[permanent dead link]
- Details up to 2006 from Overview traffic movements Morocco Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, PDF document on ONDA site
- 207 figures from ONDA site[permanent dead link], visited 28 July 2008
- Details up to 2006 from Overview passengers Morocco Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, PDF document on ONDA site
- 2007 figures from: ONDA website[permanent dead link], visited 28 July 2008
- Details up to 2006 from Overview freight Morocco Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, PDF document on ONDA site
- 2006 + 2007 figures from ONDA website[permanent dead link], visited 28 July 2008
Media related to Agadir – Al Massira Airport at Wikimedia Commons