Strasbourg Airport (French: Aéroport de Strasbourg) (German: Straßburg Flughafen) (IATA: SXB, ICAO: LFST) is a minor international airport located in Entzheim and 10 km (6.2 miles) west-southwest of Strasbourg, both communes of the Bas-Rhin département in the Alsace région of France. In 2014 the airport served 1,167,612 passengers.
Aéroport de Strasbourg
|Elevation AMSL||505 ft / 154 m|
Source: French AIP
Decline in airport passenger trafficEdit
After the opening of the first phase of the new LGV Est high-speed rail line from Paris to Strasbourg, there was a significant reduction in plane usage, but since 2011, traffic at the airport has grown. However, Air France ceased to operate the route between Strasbourg and Paris-Charles de Gaulle on 2 April 2013, transferring passengers onto rail services operated as tgvair. The opening of the second phase of the LGV Est in July 2016 further reduced travel time to Paris to 1:48 by train.
The airport consists of a single two-storey passenger terminal building. The ground floor features the check-in areas as well as the arrivals facilities with three baggage claim belts. The upper floor contains the international and domestic departure lounges and gates. The terminal is equipped with four gates that have jet-bridges as well as some walk-boarding stands.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter flights to and from Strasbourg Airport:
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- LFST – Strasbourg Entzheim. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 23 May 2019.
- "Key Figures". strasbourg.aeroport.fr. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "USATODAY.com - Passenger traffic plunges at Strasbourg airport after Ryanair exit". usatoday30.usatoday.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Dès avril, Air France " volera " en TGV Est". Dna.fr.
- GmbH, DVV Media Group. "Frankreich: Letzte Gleislücke auf der LGV Est européenne verschweißt".
- strasbourg.aeroport.fr - Terminal map retrieved 30 July 2016
- strasbourg.airport.fr - Carte des destinations retrieved 2 July 2016
- "Arkia plans Strasbourg seasonal service in 3Q19". routesonline.com. 9 November 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "HOP! adds seasonal domestic routes in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- https://www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/FR/Passagers/Vols/Lignes-directes/TEL-AVIV-5802.html. Missing or empty
- Liu, Jim. "Lufthansa schedules additional Munich routes in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Vols strasbourg - Billets d'avion strasbourg - TUI fly, avant Jetairfly". www.tuifly.be.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "TUI Belgium outlines S17 new French / Italian routes".
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Volotea S17 New routes as of 14OCT16".
- "TER Alsace". ter.sncf.com. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Rapport de la commission d'enquête sur l'accident survenu le 20 janvier 1992 près du Mont Sainte-Odile (Bas Rhin) à l'Airbus A 320 immatriculé F-GGED exploité par la compagnie Air Inter" (in French). Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile. Retrieved 14 April 2010.