Adana Şakirpaşa Airport
Adana Airport or Adana Şakirpaşa Airport (Turkish: Adana Havalimanı) (IATA: ADA, ICAO: LTAF) is an international airport located in Adana, Turkey. The airport serves mainly to the Çukurova region, and in a lesser extent to the provinces surrounding Çukurova, due to its frequent domestic flight schedule and several flights to international destinations. With 5.6 million passengers in 2016, it is the sixth-busiest airport in Turkey and ranked 80th in Europe.
|Operator||General Directorate of State Airports (DHMİ)|
|Focus city for||Borajet |
|Elevation AMSL||65 ft / 20 m|
Adana Airport was constructed on a farmland at the Şakirpaşa area, 2.3 km west of the historical city centre. It was opened to service as a civil-military airport in 1937 and became a full civil airport in 1956.
Passenger traffic at Adana Airport is almost doubled since 2011, hitting a record in 2016 with 5,594,630 passengers; an increase of 5% from 2015. As of June 2016, there are 436 weekly departures to 23 routes from the airport, connecting the region to 8 destinations in Turkey, 11 in Germany, 3 in the Middle East and one in N.Cyprus. Ercan is the shortest (40 min.), Hamburg is the longest route (4 hours). Route to both airports in İstanbul, is one of the busiest in Turkey, with 201 departures weekly, almost half of the total flights.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|AnadoluJet||Ankara, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|AtlasGlobal|| Antalya, Ercan, Istanbul, Beirut|
Seasonal: Tehran-Imam Khomeini
Seasonal charter: Isfahan, Mashhad
|Corendon Airlines||Charter: Shiraz|
|Freebird Airlines||Seasonal charter: Isfahan, Tehran-Imam Khomeini|
|Onur Air|| Istanbul, Nuremberg|
Seasonal charter: Tehran-Imam Khomeini
|Pegasus Airlines||Antalya, Bodrum, Ercan, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Izmir, Trabzon, Van|
Seasonal: Cologne/Bonn, Tehran-Imam Khomeini
Seasonal charter: Shiraz
|SunExpress|| Antalya, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Izmir, Stuttgart|
Seasonal: Cologne/Bonn, Munich
Seasonal charter: Mashhad
|Tailwind Airlines|| Seasonal: Isfahan |
Seasonal charter: Tehran-Imam Khomeini, Rasht
|Turkish Airlines|| Istanbul|
Seasonal: Berlin-Tegel, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Munich (resumes 7 July 2019)
|Wings of Lebanon||Seasonal charter: Beirut|
|Year||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
Local buses/minibuses, coaches, airline shuttles, trains and taxi serve ground transportation to or close to the airport.
Buses and coachesEdit
|Terminals||135||Balcalı (Çukurova University)||Yüreğir||ABBO|
|159||Kurttepe||Kuruköprü (Old Town), Adana Metro(Vilayet station), Central railway station||ABBO|
Adana Metropolitan Municipality local buses #135 and #159, run from the airport to the neighbourhoods of Seyhan, Çukurova and Sarıçam. Bus #159 is a 35-minute interval service that connects airport to the old town, metro (Vilayet station), Central railway station, and routes further north, ending in Kurttepe, close to the lake. Bus #135 is an hourly service to Balcalı (Çukurova University).
Several local buses and minibuses that run east-west on the D400 state road, stop at the Airport intersection, 800 metres north of the airport terminals.
Coach transport to the provinces surrounding Çukurova, run from the Central Coach Terminal, 3.9 km west of the airport entrance. Coach companies' shuttle services from the city centre to the Central Coach Terminal have stops at the Airport Intersection on the D400 state road.
Şakirpaşa railway station is 1.9 kilometres' walking distance to the airport terminals, and it is located one block north of the D400 state road. There are frequent train services to Mersin Central, Tarsus and Adana Central stations, and fewer daily services to eastern stations of Adana; Yüreğir, İncirlik and Ceyhan. Also from the station, there are once daily trips to Osmaniye, İskenderun, İslahiye, Karaman and Niğde.
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- "2016 Adana Airport Stats". DHMI. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- (in Turkish) Adana Hava Limanı Archived 2007-12-04 at the Wayback Machine at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- Airport information for LTAF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LTAF at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- (in Turkish) 2016 Passengers Statistics of Airports in Turkey at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- "Qatar Airways adds Adana service from Nov 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- Liu, Jim. "Turkish Airlines expands Dusseldorf / Munich network in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- http://www.adana.bel.tr/otobus-saatleri/entry/2563/ Local Bus #159
- http://www.adana.bel.tr/otobus-saatleri/entry/2552/ Local Bus #135
- http://www.atlasglb.com/fly-and-bus/ Atlas Global Shuttle Services
- http://www.tcdd.gov.tr/upload/Files/ContentFiles/2010/bolgesel/mersinadanamersin.htm Adana-Mersin Railway Line