United Srpska (Serbian: Уједињена Српска/Ujedinjena Srpska or US) is a political party based in Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. A Serbian nationalist party, United Srpska was formed in December 2015 following a split from the Serb Democratic Party.
|Split from||Serb Democratic Party|
|Preceded by||Free Democratic Serb Group|
|Headquarters||Jovana Dučića 25, |
78000 Banja Luka
|Political position||Right-wing to far-right|
1 / 42
0 / 15
4 / 83
United Srpska president, Nenad Stevandić, formed the party after criticising the Serb Democratic Party for a perceived lack of sufficient nationalism, stating that its representatives on a national level have aimed to "destroy Republika Srpska". During the 9th convocation of the National Assembly of Republika Srpska, Stevandić was a part of the Free Democratic Serb Group, which comprised other right-wing SDS dissidents.
At the 2018 general election, US gained representation within the National Assembly in its own right for the first time. With 3.09% of the vote, the party had four deputies elected. In November 2018, it was announced that US would participate in the governing coalition, alongside SNSD, DNS, SP and NDP.
Natalija Trivić became the party's first minister appointed to the Government of Republika Srpska, serving as Minister for Education and Culture since December 2018.
List of presidentsEdit
|Term of Office|
|Year||#||Popular vote||%||# of seats||Seat change||Coalition||Government|
3 / 83
4 / 83
Major positions held by United Srpska members:
|Speaker of the National Assembly of Republika Srpska||Years|
- ^ Nordsieck, Wolfram (2018). "Serbian Republic/Bosnia-Herzegovina". Parties and Elections in Europe.
- ^ "BiH: United Srpska party banned from participating in the upcoming local election". 7 October 2020.
- ^ "Scandalous Video of the United Srpska caused Criticism on Social Networks". 20 September 2020.
- ^ U. Vukić, Foto: A. Čavić (25 May 2015). "Stevandić napustio SDS". Nezavisne novine.
- ^ "DODIK OTKRIO: U novoj vladi i Ujedinjena Srpska, NDP i dobojska grupa, još ima vremena da se i drugi pojave! (VIDEO)". kurir.rs.