UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying Group E
Group E of UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying is one of the ten groups to decide which teams will qualify for the UEFA Euro 2020 finals tournament. Group E consists of five teams: Azerbaijan, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and Wales, where they will play against each other home-and-away in a round-robin format.
The top two teams will qualify directly for the finals. Unlike previous editions, the participants of the play-offs will not be decided based on results from the qualifying group stage, but instead based on their performance in the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League.
|1||Slovakia||2||1||0||1||2||1||+1||3[a]||Qualify for final tournament||—||10 Oct||2–0||6 Sep||19 Nov|
|2||Wales||1||1||0||0||1||0||+1||3[a]||1–0||—||19 Nov||13 Oct||6 Sep|
|3||Hungary||2||1||0||1||2||3||−1||3[a]||9 Sep||11 Jun||—||2–1||13 Oct|
|4||Croatia||2||1||0||1||3||3||0||3[a]||16 Nov||8 Jun||10 Oct||—||2–1|
|5||Azerbaijan||1||0||0||1||1||2||−1||0||11 Jun||16 Nov||8 Jun||9 Sep||—|
Rules for classification: Tiebreakers
- Head-to-head points: Slovakia 3, Wales 3, Hungary 3, Croatia 0. Head-to-head goal difference: Slovakia 1, Wales 1, Hungary –1. Head-to-head goals scored: Slovakia 0, Wales 1.
The fixtures were released by UEFA the same day as the draw, which was held on 2 December 2018 in Dublin. Times are CET/CEST,[note 1] as listed by UEFA (local times, if different, are in parentheses).
There have been 9 goals scored in 4 matches, for an average of 2.25 goals per match (as of 24 March 2019).
A player is automatically suspended for the next match for the following offences:
- Receiving a red card (red card suspensions may be extended for serious offences)
- Receiving three yellow cards in three different matches, as well as after fifth and any subsequent yellow card (yellow card suspensions are carried forward to the play-offs, but not the finals or any other future international matches)
The following suspensions were (or will be) served during the qualifying matches:
|Team||Player||Offence(s)||Suspended for match(es)|
|Croatia||Dejan Lovren||Insulting behaviour vs Spain in 2018–19 UEFA Nations League (15 November 2018)||vs Azerbaijan (21 March 2019)|
- "UEFA Euro 2020: Qualifying Draw Procedure" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying draw made in Dublin". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Regulations of the UEFA European Football Championship 2018–20" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying schedule: all the fixtures". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "European Qualifiers 2018–20: Group stage fixture list" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Summary UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying – Group E". Soccerway. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "Disciplinary updates". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 11 January 2019. Archived from the original on 16 January 2019. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "European Championship 2020: Booking List before Qualifying Round Matchday 1" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 22 March 2019.