Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2020)
Tunku Hajah Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah binti Almarhum Al-Mutawakkil Alallah Sultan Iskandar Al-Haj (Jawi: تونكو حاجة عزيزة أمينة ميمونة إسكندرية بنت المرحوم المتوكل على الله سلطان إسكندر الحاج; born 5 August 1960) is the Raja Permaisuri Agong (Supreme Queen consort) of Malaysia and the Tengku Ampuan (Queen consort) of Pahang.
|Raja Permaisuri Agong|
|Tenure||31 January 2019 – present|
|Installation||30 July 2019|
|Predecessor||Tuanku Hajjah Haminah|
|Tengku Ampuan of Pahang|
|Reign||22 January 2019 – present|
|Proclamation||29 January 2019|
|Predecessor||Sultanah Kalsom (as Sultanah)|
|Born||5 August 1960|
Istana Bukit Stulang, Johor Bahru, Johor
|Spouse||Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah|
|House||Bendahara (by marriage) |
Temenggong (by birth)
|Father||Al-Mutawakkil Alallah Sultan Iskandar ibni Almarhum Sultan Ismail Al-Khalidi|
|Mother||''Enche’ Besar'' Hajah Khalsom binti Abdullah (Josephine Ruby Trevorrow)|
Tengku Ampuan is a title reserved for the consort and first wife of the current ruler or sultan, of noble birth, as enshrined in the Pahang State Constitution. She is the consort of Al-Sultan Abdullah Al-Haj of Pahang. She is serving as Raja Permaisuri Agong of Malaysia from 2019, during her husband's reign as Yang di-Pertuan Agong (the Supreme Ruler) of Malaysia.
The installation on 30 July 2019 has yet another historical significance because Al-Sultan Abdullah and the Raja Permaisuri Agong, Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah, are the children of sultans who have been elected as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah is the third daughter and princess of the late Sultan of Johor Iskandar of Johor and his first wife Enche Besar Hajah Khalsom binti Abdullah. Her brother is the current Sultan of Johor, Ibrahim Ismail of Johor. Tunku received her primary education in Sekolah Perempuan Rendah Sultan Ibrahim, Johor Bahru and secondary education in Sekolah Tun Fatimah, Johor Bahru. She then pursued further education at National University of Singapore (NUS) in Political Science and Sociology.
She married at the Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque, Johor Bahru, 6 March 1986 to the fourth child of Sultan Ahmad Shah of Pahang with his first wife, Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Al-Sultan Abdullah. She has been created Tengku Puan in addition to her Johor title of Paduka Puteri in 1986. She is one of the sisters of the current Sultan Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Ismail. They have four sons and two daughters together. She is the first wife of Abdullah, his second wife is the actress Julia Rais.
- a) late His Highness Tengku Ahmad Iskandar Shah, born and died on 24 July 1990 (aged 0)
- b) His Royal Highness Tengku Hassanal Ibrahim Alam Shah, the Crown Prince and Regent of Pahang (shortly Tengku Hassanal) born at Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital, Kuantan on 17 September 1995
- c) His Highness Tengku Muhammad Iskandar Riayatuddin Shah, the Tengku Arif Bendahara (shortly Tengku Muhammad) born on 3 August 1997
- d) His Highness Tengku Ahmad Ismail Muadzam Shah, the Tengku Panglima Muda (shortly Tengku Ahmad) born on 11 September 2000 , twin with his sister Tengku Afzan
- a) Her Highness Tengku Puteri Afzan Aminah Hafidzatullah (shortly Tengku Afzan), born on 11 September 2000 , twin with her brother Tengku Ahmad
- b) Her Highness Tengku Puteri Jihan Azizah Athiyatullah (shortly Tengku Jihan), born on 27 April 2002
- Constitutional Head of the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Chancellor of the Berjaya University College
- Chancellor of the University College of Yayasan Pahang (UCYP)
- Patron of the Girl Guides Association of Malaysia.
- President of the Girl Guides Association of Pahang.
- President of the Pahang Women's Institute (WI).
- Founder & Patron of the Tunku Azizah Fertility Foundation (TAFF).
Awards and recognitionsEdit
She has been awarded :
Honours of PahangEdit
- Pahang :
National and state honoursEdit
- Malaysia :
- Johor :
|Ancestry of Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah|
- Bernama (22 January 2019). "Tunku Azizah appointed Tengku Ampuan Pahang". New Straits Times.
- "Biodata Tengku Puan Pahang, Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah". Berita Harian. 12 January 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- "Queen Azizah of Malaysia". 5 August 2019.
- Bernama (11 July 2019). "Agong receives DKM award | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 27 January 2021.
- BERNAMA (11 July 2019). "Agong berkenan terima darjah D.K.M". Sinar Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 27 January 2021.
- "Al-Sultan Abdullah terima anugerah Darjah Kerabat Mahkota Brunei". Berita Harian (in Malay). 19 August 2019. Retrieved 27 January 2021.