- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Not moved. Jafeluv (talk) 11:29, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
Musa is to be redirected to Moses in Islam and Musa to be moved to 'Musa (disambiguation)' please as justified below. --Md iet (talk) 07:31, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Musa is Islamic name of prophet Moses and supposed to be most common name for prophet amongst any person other having similar name.
The traffic to Moses: http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Moses 130947
Musa : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa 2663
Mūša: http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/M%C5%AB%C5%A1a 158
Musa,_Azerbaijan : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa,_Azerbaijan 142
Musa,_Iran : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa,_Iran 38
Musa,_Pakistan : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa,_Pakistan 73
Musa_(crater) : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa_(crater) 52
Musa_(Tanzanian_ward) : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa_(Tanzanian_ward) 86
Abu_Musa : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Abu_Musa 3444
Musa_Dagh_Resistance : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Musa_Dagh_Resistance 707
Jebel_Musa_(Morocco) : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Jebel_Musa_(Morocco) 1121
Mount_Sinai :http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Mount_Sinai 25292
Moses_in_Islam : http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Moses_in_Islam 1990
The above figure justify the move as Abu_Musa , Mount_Sinai , Jebel_Musa_(Morocco) have altogether different spelling and person searching for him will definitely search with other combinations and hence cannot be compared with ‘Musa’.
Above figures prove 'Musa' as most common name for 'Moses in Islam' and redirect is justified.--Md iet (talk) 07:31, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: the figures above do not appear to show that Moses in Islam is by far the most likely topic that someone searching on "Musa" will be wanting (or anything else about the intentions of people searching for "Musa"). Whether it is the most common name for the prophet is irrelevant: the argument for moving "Musa" to become a redirect depends on whether the prophet is the meaning most commonly searched for in Wikipedia. Given the number of placenames and other meanings, I'd oppose a move unless someone can prove clearly that the prophet is the primary topic for the name. PamD 12:30, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- Comment this nomination is very badly screwed up. The nominator does not want what he placed into the move request templates. -- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:25, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose - the one thing the figures above prove is that Moses in Islam is not the primary topic for Musa.--Toddy1 (talk) 07:07, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose Musa has many uses, not just Musa. And English language sources still refer to Moses in Islam as Moses. In ictu oculi (talk) 08:41, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose. If any change was needed, redirect to Moses (like Ibrahim and Avram redirect to Abraham), because the name "Musa" is not only used in Islam but also e.g. by Arab Christians. – Fayenatic London 18:58, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- OK agreed, we can redirect Musa to Moses to achieve our aim.--Md iet (talk) 05:21, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose - not clear enough that Musa in the sense of a name of Moses is the commonest intended meaning.Jsmith1000 (talk)
The above move may be closed and as discussed this deserve redirect as below.--Md iet (talk) 06:40, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.