|I am only editing very intermittently at present.|
Please click "New section" above to leave any new message, and please sign your message (just type ~~~~).
If you leave a message here, I will reply here, to make discussions easier to read. If you really want me to reply elsewhere, tell me a very good reason why I should do so.
If you reply to a message here, please indent (start the line with ":") and sign your message.
If you are discussing any particular page, please provide a link to it - it makes life easier for me and anyone else seeing this page.
Apologies for the delay in responding to your message. On the question of Royal patronage I would respectfully disagree, in that the various Royals hold titles/ceremonial positions within the organisation (for example, HMQ is President of the Sandringham WI). Much as Prince William is President of the FA, I think an analogy can be drawn here, such that the word "patronage" is not inappropriate in the relationship. I'm not interested in doing anything further on this, since I note you have developed my edit further with new information (for which, genuine thanks), I just thought I would record my respectful disagreement!
M. L. Winslow
April editathons at Women in RedEdit
Hi, did you get any interest yet from other editors in your proposed article about running blades? If it's still on your to-do list I might be interested in collaborating with you. I had been struggling with health issues for quite some time that resulted in my edit rate here slowing way down. I feel I need something substantial to do here to get my wiki-mojo flowing again. Roger (Dodger67) (talk) 07:31, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Dodger67: No, no-one has responded (to be honest I can't remember where it was that I posted about that missing article!) It's not really on my to-do list - quite a few things are, but most especially a lot of off-wiki stuff, I've only allowed myself to log back on briefly as a little treat and will shortly resume my wikibreak. Good luck with the article if you decide to go for it, but I won't be collaborating, sorry. PamD 22:52, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
- For any interested talk-page watchers: see WT:WikiProject Olympics/Paralympics#Running blades. PamD 07:37, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
May you join this month's editathons from WiR!Edit
The Signpost: 30 April 2019Edit
- News and notes: An Action Packed April
- In the media: Is Wikipedia just another social media site?
- Discussion report: English Wikipedia community's conclusions on talk pages
- Featured content: Anguish, accolades, animals, and art
- Arbitration report: An Active Arbitration Committee
- Traffic report: Mötley Crüe, Notre-Dame, a black hole, and Bonnie and Clyde
- Technology report: A new special page, and other news
- Gallery: Notre-Dame de Paris burns
- News from the WMF: Can machine learning uncover Wikipedia’s missing “citation needed” tags?
- Recent research: Female scholars underrepresented; whitepaper on Wikidata and libraries; undo patterns reveal editor hierarchy
- From the archives: Portals revisited
- Never mind, I see the specific point of dispute that you are raising. bd2412 T 17:51, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
- I came across Restroom while stub-sorting. I didn't notice any acknowledgement of the material being copied! Toilet doesn't say the "Restroom" is used in a domestic setting. PamD 17:55, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
References to OEDEdit
Pam, hello again. More unit stuff (!)... and I was just looking at Lea (unit), and the OED reference gives me a demand to "sign in". I had a vague recollection that access was free from the UK, but not elsewhere, although the website suggests this is not true. (But of course I don't know whether it is detecting where I am, and giving a different message.) Can you confirm? I'm going to add "subscription required" to the citation template anyway. Imaginatorium (talk) 17:13, 11 May 2019 (UTC)