List of political parties in Wales
This list of political parties in Wales includes those that hold seats in the Welsh Parliament, those that contest seats for the Welsh National Assembly, and those that have previously contested seats in the Welsh National Assembly but have since disbanded.
|Welsh Labour||29||22||Centre-left||Social democratic, Democratic socialist, Unionist|
|Welsh Conservative Party||11||12||Centre-right||Conservative, Unionist|
|Plaid Cymru||10||4||Centre-left to left-wing||Nationalist, Democratic socialist, Social democratic, Welsh independence|
|Brexit Party||4||0||N/A||Eurosceptic, Populism|
|Welsh Liberal Democrats||1||0||Centre to centre-left||Social liberalism, Federalism, Pro-Europeanism|
|Welsh National Party||1||0||N/A||Welsh independence|
|UKIP||1||0||Right-wing to far-right||Euroscepticism, National conservatism, Right-wing populism|
- Abolish the Welsh Assembly Party - a single issue party that wants to abolish the Welsh Parliament.
- Cymru Annibynnol - in favour of Welsh independence.
- Cymru Rydd - Welsh republican party.
- Cymru Sovereign - a party that seeks both Welsh independence and Wales being outside the European Union.
- Heath and Birchgrove Independents - county councillor elected in Heath, Cardiff
- Forza Dyfed - for the reunification of the historic county of Dyfed, candidates to stand at the next Local Government elections.
- Gwlad Gwlad (Land, Land) - a centre-right, Welsh independence party launched on 28 August 2018, as Ein Gwlad.
- Plaid Rhyddfrydol yng Nghymru - Liberal Party in Wales.
- Llais Gwynedd - Gwynedd Regionalist party.
- Llantwit First Independents - standing in Llantwit Major. Governed the Vale of Glamorgan Council in coalition with Labour from 2012 to 2017.
- Newport Independents Party, formed in 2017.
- Pirate Party UK
- Socialist Party Wales
- The Cynon Valley Party
- Wales Green Party
- Welsh Christian Party
- Women's Equality Party
- Balchder Cymru - amalgamated into Mudiad Rhyddhad Cymru and reformed as a political pressure group in 2006.
- Blaenau Gwent People's Voice Group - party set-up in Blaenau Gwent. Its leader, Dai Davies, announced he was retiring from politics and the party would be disbanded.
- Communist Party of South Wales and the West of England - disbanded in the 1920s.
- Cymru Goch - evolved into Forward Wales.
- Forward Wales - Disbanded in 2010.
- John Marek Independent Party - (2003), evolved into Forward Wales.
- Putting Llanelli First - registered 2011, deregistered 2016.
- Respect-The Unity Coalition - Dissolved in 2016.
- South Wales Socialist Society - amalgamated with the Communist Party of Great Britain in the 1920s.
- Welsh Republican Movement - most members either returned to Plaid Cymru or joined the Labour Party.
- Welsh Socialist Alliance - currently inactive.
- Welsh Socialist Republican Movement - defunct - its successor was Cymru Goch.
- Heath and Birchgrove Independents, The Electoral Commission. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "New Welsh independence party launches with a swipe at system 'that's exploited Wales for so long'". North Wales Live. 2 November 2018. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- People First - Gwerin Gyntaf (De-registered 03/11/16), The Electoral Commission. Retrieved 2018-09-23.