Kaikala Satyanarayana (born 25 July 1935) is an Indian actor, producer, director and politician. He served as the Member of parliament in the 11th Lok Sabha representing Machilipatnam Constituency from Telugu Desam Party. He predominantly worked in Telugu cinema. He is the recipient of the 2011 Raghupathi Venkaiah Award, and 2017 Filmfare Award for lifetime achievement in Telugu cinema. He also served as the jury member for South Region II at the 59th National Film Awards.
|Other names||Nava Rasa Natanaa Sarvabhouma|
|Parent(s)||Kaikala Laxminarayana (Father)|
|Awards||Nandi Award for Best Feature Film|
He was born to Kaikala Laxmi Narayana from Kavutaram village in Krishna district. Having completed his primary education in Gudlavalleru and intermediate education in Vijayawada, Satyanarayana graduated from Gudivada College.
He was first noticed by D. L. Narayana, who offered him a role in his film Sipayi Koothuru directed by Changayya in 1959. Though it did not do well at the box office, he was noticed for his resemblance to N.T. Rama Rao. They found him as a prospective candidate to play dupe to NTR. Satyanarayana aptly fitted that place. He played dupe to NTR in several movies. NTR offered Satyanarayana a role in his film Apoorva Sahasra Siraccheda Chintamani in 1960, directed by S. D. Lal. Satyanarayana played the role of a prince.
B. Vittalacharya cast him in a negative role in Kanaka Durga Pooja Mahima. He fit the role to a T; from then on, Satyanarayana grew to infinite bounds in establishing himself in villain roles. Satyanarayana established Rama Films production house and made films such as Kodama Simham, Bangaru Kutumbam, and Muddula Mogudu.
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2017)
- Other honours
- NTR Vignan Trust Award
- Natasekhara, given by Non Government Organization (NGO) in Anantapur and Gudivada Municipal Civic Center
- Kalaprapurna, given by Kavali Cultural Association
- He was once considered for antagonistic roles in Telugu movies & acted as best villain in many movies.
- Once he came to Bhilai, Chhattisgarh to attend Telugu mahasabhalu and honoured from local pravasi Telugu people.
- As producer
|2019||KGF : Chapter 1||Co-producer|
- As actor
|Sahasra Siracheda Apoorva Chinthamani|
|1963||Swarna Gowri||Lord Parameshwara||Kannada-language film|
|Sri Krishnarjuna Yudham||Karna|
|1966||Shri Krishna Pandaviyam||Rukmi|
|1967||Paramanandayya Shishyula Katha||Jaggarayudu|
|1970||Kathanayika Molla||Sri Krishna Devaraya|
|Kodalu Diddina Kapuram|
|1973||Dabbuku Lokam Dasoham|
|Devudu Chesina Manushulu|
|Manchi Vallaki Manchivadu||Sethupati|
|1976||Sita Kalyanam a.k.a.Seeta's Wedding||Ravana|
|Sita Swayamvar||Hindi Movie|
|Vintha Illu Santha Gola|
|1977||Jeevithame Oka Natakarangam|
|Janma Janmala Bandham|
|Daana Veera Soora Karna||Bhima|
|Seetha Rama Vanavasam|
|Shri Ram Vanvas||Hindi Movie|
|Siri Siri Muvva|
|Shri Tirupati Venkateswara Kalyanam|
|Kukka Katuku Cheppu Debba|
|Mama Allulla Saval|
|Shri Vinayaka Vijayam||Mooshikasura|
|Sardar Papa Rayudu|
|Justice Chowdary||Papa Rao & Ranga Rao (Dualrole)|
|Manthri Gari Viyyankudu||Kappala Appa Rao|
|Sri Ranga Neethulu||Narayana Murthy|
|Inti Guttu||a.k.a.Secret of the House a.k.a.Skeleton in the Cupboard|
|Sri Madvirat Potuluri Veerabrahmendra Swamy Charitra||Kakka|
|1985||Chattamtho Poratam||a.k.a.The Battle Against the Law|
|Raktha Sindhuram||a.k.a.Raktha Sindhooram (India: alternative transliteration Telugu title)|
|Oka Radha Iddaru Krishnulu|
|Anveshana||a.k.a.The Search (1985/II) (India: English title)|
|Chanakya Shapadham||a.k.a.Vow of Chanakya|
|Karma||Kittam Kittu||Hindi Film|
|Thandri Kodukula Challenge||Chakradhara Rao|
|Sardar Krishnama Naidu|
|1988||Manchi Donga||a.k.a.The Good-Hearted Thief|
|Yamudiki Mogudu||Yamadharma raju|
|Khaidi No. 786|
|Ghayal Sherni||Hindi Movie|
|Aakhari Poratam||a.k.a.Aakhari Poraattam|
|1989||Athaku Yamudu Ammayiki Mogudu|
|Lankeshwarudu||a.k.a.King of Lanka|
|Bandhuvulostunnaru Jagratha||Subba Rao|
|1990||Kondaveeti Donga||a.k.a.Thief of Kondaveedu|
|Kodama Simham||a.k.a.Majestic Lion|
|Raja Vikramarka||a.k.a.King Vikramarka|
|Nari Nari Naduma Murari||Veera Badhraiah|
|Jayammu Nischayammu Raa!|
|1991||Stoovertpuram Police Station||a.k.a.Police Station of Stoovertpuram|
|Rowdy Alludu||a.k.a.Mischievous Son-In-Law|
|1992||Aapathbandavudu||President of the village||a.k.a.The Saviour|
|Seetharatnam Gari Abbayi|
|President Gari Pellam|
|1993||Shrinatha Kavi Sarvabhowma|
|Detective Naarada||a.k.a.Detective Naradha|
|Bhairava Dweepam||a.k.a.Veera Pratap|
|Alibaba Aradajanu Dongalu|
|Rambantu||Raja Ramachandra Prasad||Servant of Rama: English title|
|Sahasa Veerudu Sagara Kanya||Ghatothkachudu|
|Maa Balaji||Balwinder Singh|
|Kante Koothurne Kanu|
|2003||Fools||Adabala Veera Narasimha Naidu|
|Janaki Weds Sriram|
|2004||Cheppave Chirugali||Hotel manager|
|Andarivaadu||Govinda's paternal uncle|
|Kanchanamala Cable TV|
|2007||Yamagola Malli Modalayindi||Peda Yamudu|
|Periyar||Venkatappa Nayakar||Tamil film|
|2013||Sri Jagadguru Aadi Sankara|
|Maharshi||Pooja's paternal grandfather|
- "Kaikala Satyanarayana to receive NTR award". IndiaGlitz. 11 January 2008. Archived from the original on 9 October 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Eenadu daily, Eeenadu Cinema, Page 10, Nandi lifetime achievement awards, retrieved, 24 March 2013.
- "Winners of the 65th Jio Filmfare Awards (South) 2018". Filmfare. 16 June 2018. Archived from the original on 17 June 2018. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- Gudipoodi Srihari (23 August 2012). "Arts / Theatre : For an artiste, by the artistes". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Kaikala Satyanarayana Brother's Daughter Marriage – High Resolution Photo Gallery". Ragalahari.com. Archived from the original on 13 December 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Kaikala Satyanarayana Open Heart with RK. 17 September 2012. Archived from the original on 22 August 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2012 – via YouTube.
- "Kaikala, Shri Satyanarayana T.D.P. - Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh)". India Press. Archived from the original on 7 July 2019. Retrieved 7 July 2019.