Narasimhudu is a 2005 Indian Telugu-language action film directed by B. Gopal. The film stars Jr. NTR, Amisha Patel, and Sameera Reddy. The film is a remake of 2004 Kannada film Durgi directed by P. Ravi Shankar.
|Directed by||B. Gopal|
|Written by||P. Ravi Shankar|
|Produced by||Chengala Venkat Rao|
|Cinematography||K. Ravindra Babu|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
Narasimhudu (NTR)'s parents die at a young age and he is adopted by the villagers of Kondaveedu, who all take up the responsibility of bringing him up. The son of JD (Puneet Issar) and brother of Pothuraju (Kalabhavan Mani) rape an 11-year-old in the village. Narasimhudu who is also the caretaker of the village, vows to take revenge on the big people and their sons for committing the heinous crime. The rest is how Narasimhudu kills them.
- Jr. NTR as Narasimhudu
- Sameera Reddy as Narasimhudu love interest
- Amisha Patel as Subbalakshmi
- Puneet Issar as JD
- Kalabhavan Mani as Pothuraju
- Rahul Dev as JD's son
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Police Commissioner
- Brahmanandam as Narasimhudu friend
- Tanikella Bharani as Doctor
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as MLA
- Krishna Bhagawan as Pothuraju's sidekick
- Chalapathi Rao as Narasimhudu's side (Master Ji)
- Ali as Narasimhudu's friend
- Venu Madhav as Venu
- G. V. Sudhakar Naidu as Kaali
- Chitram Seenu as Sreenu
- Aarti Agarwal as an item number
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||23 April 2005|
|Mani Sharma chronology|
Music Was composed by Mani Sharma and released on Aditya Music Company. Audio was launched on 23 April 2005 at a grand Function held at Taj Residency, Hyderabad. N. Chandrababu Naidu V. V. Vinayak and many other celebrities attended the function.
|1.||"Singu Singu"||Bhuvana Chandra||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chitra||5:30|
|2.||"Yeluko Nayaka"||Sirivennela||Mallikarjun, Ganga||4:53|
|3.||"Muddula Gopala"||Vennelakanti||Udit Narayan, Shreya Ghoshal||6:11|
|4.||"Muddoche Kopalu"||Veturi||Karthik, Maha Lakshmi||4:44|
|5.||"Rajamandrike"||Veturi||Shankar Mahadevan, Suchitra||5:28|
|6.||"Krishnamurariki"||Veturi||Tippu, Sunitha, Kousalya||5:16|
|7.||"Slokam (bit Song)"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||1:05|
B. Anuradha of Rediff.com called the film a "huge disappointment" and added "Gopal [..] is fascinated with a formula of attractively picturised songs, big action scenes, punchlines and comedy, but fails to pick the right plot."
Sify gave the film 3/5 and wrote "Narasimhudu is one of those insufferable movies, that is devoid of a basic story and there is nothing new in style or presentation." Idlebrain.com's Jeevi rated the film 2.5/5 and wrote "Movie starts off in an interesting style with a good introduction of the hero. But this graph slides down as the movie progress."
- "Narasimhudu is a dud!". www.rediff.com.
- "Narasimhudu - Telugu cinema Review - NTR, Amisha Patel & Sameera Reddy". www.idlebrain.com.
- "Audio release - Narasimhudu".
- "Narasimhudu". Sify. Archived from the original on 13 January 2018. Retrieved 9 September 2020.