Kurukshetram (1977 film)
Kurukshetram is a 1977 Telugu mythological film produced by A. S. R. Anjaneyulu and directed by Kamalakara Kameswara Rao. It stars Krishna, Sobhan Babu, Krishnam Raju and Kaikala Satyanarayana in the lead roles while Jamuna, Vijaya Nirmala, Anjali Devi and Gummadi Venkateswara Rao played other important roles. During the shooting in Rajasthan the producer ran out of money and superstar Krishna became producer of the movie.
|Directed by||Kamalakara Kameswara Rao|
|Produced by||A. S. R. Anjaneyulu|
|Written by||Tripuraneni Maharathi|
|Music by||S. Rajeswara Rao|
|Cinematography||P. L. Roy|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Gopala Rao|
Madhavi Padmalaya Combines
|14 January 1977|
While Krishna was busy with the Kurusketram, NTR was busy with the production of Daana Veera Soora Karna. While the former was shot in Mysore, Rajasthan, and other places with huge settings, DVSK was made locally in Ramakrishna Cine Studios. The people who worked for both the films were Gummadi Venkateswara Rao (Parashurama in DVSK), Kaikala Satyanarayana (Bheema in DVSK), Dhulipala (Shakuni in DVSK), Mukkamala (Shalya in DVSK).
- "Dharma Kshertam" (Lyricist: Sri Sri; Singers: S. P. Balu)
- "Alukala Kulukula" (Lyricist: Veturi Sundararama Murthy; Singers: S. P. Balu, P. Susheela)
- "Ide Mayasabha Mandiram" (Lyricist: Jr. Samudrala; Singers: P. Susheela)
- "Harivillu Divinunchi" (Lyricist: Aarudhra; Singers: P. Susheela, V. Ramakrishna)
- "Mrogindi Kalyanaveena" (Lyricist: C. Narayana Reddy; Singers: S. P. Balu, P. Susheela)