Idiot (2002 film)
Idiot: O Chanti Gaadi Prema Katha (lit. 'Idiot: Chanti's love story') is a 2002 Indian Telugu-language action romantic comedy film which released on 22 August 2002 and was directed by Puri Jagannadh. It was the second collaboration between Ravi Teja and Puri Jagannadh after the successful film Itlu Sravani Subramanyam. The dialogue was written by Puri Jagannadh with soundtrack by Chakri. This film stars Ravi Teja and Rakshita. It turned out to be a Blockbuster. The film ran for 100 days in 36 centres. The film was a remake of director's own 2002 Kannada movie Appu.
|Directed by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Produced by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Written by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Based on||Appu (Kannada)|
|Cinematography||Shyam K. Naidu|
|Distributed by||Vaishno Academy|
Chantigadu (Ravi Teja) is the son of a head constable Venkata Swamy (Kota Srinivasa Rao). Chanti is a guy with a carefree attitude. He is beaten by a rival gang at night and was rescued by a beautiful girl Suchitra (Rakshitha). She pays his hospital bills and donates her blood. She is gone from the hospital by the time Chanti became conscious. When Chanti's friends inform him about the girl who rescued him, he starts loving her immediately for her goodheartedness, though he did not see her. Suchi later turns out to be the daughter of the city police commissioner Vipra Narayana (Prakash Raj).
Chanti meets Suchi in the college for the first time and expresses his love. When she does not agree, he tries to tease her. She complains to her father, and he takes Chanti to the police station and severely beats him before being rescued by his father and his fellow constables. Even though Chanti is beaten by Narayana, he becomes more adamant to win his ladylove. He proposes to Suchi again in the college. She asks him to jump from the building. When he is ready to do so, she agrees to his love.
However, Narayana is not happy about their relationship and ropes in some rowdies to amputate his leg. Suchi comes to know about this and runs to help him, but is met with an accident. Both of them get admitted to the same hospital, and they unite there also. Narayana finally arranges her marriage with another person, to which she openly opposes and tries to commit suicide. Chanti comes and rescues her, but Narayana still wants to get her married to a man of his own choice. He also engages goons to kill Chanti. Chanti finally escapes all the troubles and meets the DGP (Kaikala Satyanarayana) to help him to marry his love. The DGP finally suspends Narayana and arranges Chanti's marriage in the police station. Finally, Chanti appears for civil services and is selected for IPS.
- Ravi Teja as Chantigadu
- Rakshita as Suchitra aka Suchi
- Prakash Raj as Police Commissioner Vipra Narayana
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Head Constable Venkata Swamy
- Sangeetha as Rajyalakshmi, Chanti's mother
- Ali as Motorcycle thief
- Kaikala Satyanarayana as DGP
- Giri Babu as Police Officer
- Jeeva as Police Officer
- Pruthviraj as Police Officer
- Jr. Relangi as Police Officer
- Vidya Vathi as Chanti's sister
- Sairam Shankar as Sai, Chanti's friend
- Srinivasa Reddy as Chanti's friend
- MS Narayana as College Principal
- Narsing Yadav as Yadav
|Soundtrack album by|
|1.||"Sye Sara Sye"||Kandikonda||Chakri||4:50|
|2.||"Choopultho Guchi"||Kandikonda||Shankar Mahadevan||4:29|
|3.||"Cheliya Cheliya"||Peddada Murthy||Ravi Varma||5:19|
|5.||"Le Letha"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Udit Narayan, Kousalya||5:07|
|6.||"Jai Veeranjaneya"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Raghu Kunche||4:25|
- G. V. Ramana. "Telugu Cinema – Idiot – Review". idlebrain.com. GV. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Web master. "Idiot Cast and Crew". filmibeat.com. Filmibeat. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Kiran, Nadella. "Idiot movie review". movies.fullhyderabad.com. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Chinnarayana, Pulagam. "ఇడియట్ చంటిగాడు లోకల్". sakshi.com. Jagati Publications. Retrieved 26 September 2016.