Doli Armaanon Ki, (transl. Palanquin of dreams) (International title: Lies of the Heart), was an Indian television drama series. It premiered on 2 December 2013, and ran until 25 September 2015.
It was aired on ZEE TV Monday through Friday.
|Doli Armaanon ki|
|Genre||Indian soap opera|
|Created by||Spellbound Productions|
|Written by||Pearl Grey |
|Directed by||Sandeep Vijay|
|Starring||Neha Marda |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||482|
|Running time||25 mins approx|
|Production company||Spellbound Productions|
|Original network||ZEE TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|First shown in||India|
|Original release||December 2, 2013 –|
September 25, 2015
The series has been revoiced in English, and aired on ZEE World on DSTv channel 166, and dubbed in Tamil as Kalyana Kanavugal (lit. 'Marriage Dreams') and which aired on Polimer TV.
Doli Armaanon Ki is a story of Urmi, a girl in Jhansi, marries Samrat, an abusive man, thus making her life a living hell. Urmi and Samrat have a child named Shaurya. Going forward, Urmi moves out of her marriage due to Samrat's infidelity. She starts afresh as an independent woman, while Samrat ends up in jail. Ishaan falls in love with Urmi, and they marry. Samrat returns to take revenge on Urmi. But, Ishaan dies while saving Samrat. Surrounded by guilt, Samrat kills himself. Later Damini blames Urmi for Ishan's death. Now Urmi children's Shaurya and Samrat's step-daughter Ishaani Sinha are grownn up. Meanwhile a girl named Diya Tiwari working in Shaurya's office is raped. Urmi and Shaurya help and her and she marries Shaurya when Damini tried to kill Diya and Shaurya, Urmi shoots her. Later Shaurya lived a happy married life with Diya with Urmi thus.
- Siddharth Arora (2013-2014) /Vibhav Roy (2014-2015) as Ishaan Sinha, Urmi's second husband; Shaurya's adoptive father
- Parvati Sehgal as Tani Singh Rathore /Sinha, Samrat's wife
- Geeta Tyagi as Shashikala Singh Rathore
- Hemant Thatte as Gaurav Devi Singh
- Anjali Mukhi as Saroj Devi Singh
- Sameeksha Sud as Asha Gaurav Singh
- Jayant Rawal as Devi Shankar Singh
- Mitansh Gera (2014) / Yash Pandey (2015) as Young Shaurya Singh Rathore / Shaurya Ishaan Sinha
- Gaurav Rana as Diwakar Singh Rathore
- Vibhuti Thakur as Kanchan Diwarkar Singh Rathore
- Jetendra Trehan as Rudra Pratap Singh Rathore
- Aadesh Chaudhary / Harsh Vashisht as Amrit Singh Chauhan
- Ragini Gakhar as Aditi Amrit Singh Chauhan / Aditi Singh Rathore
- Anupam Shyam as Garjan Singh Rathore aka "Tauji"
- Amita Udgata as Gayatri Singh (Urmi's Dadi)
- Guddi Maruti as Snidhu Bua (Urmi's Bua)
- Snigdha Srivastava as Trisha Singh (Urmi's cousin)
- Massheuddin qureshi as Trisha's father
- Manisha Thakkar as Rashmi Singh Rathore / Rashmi Gaurav Singh (Samrat's cousin)
- Mehendi Jain as Anushka ''Anu'' Devi Singh
- Shaji Chaudhary as Inspector Anshuman Singh
- Varun Sharma as Karan (Anushka's friend)
- Deepali Saini as Meena (Urmi's hostel friend)
- Ayush Mehra as Ravi Darshan Tiwari
- Himani Shivpuri as Sushma Tiwari
- Raju Kher as Darshan Tiwari
- Vishal Puri as Niranjan Khanna
- Nidhi Jha as Nidhi Khanna
- Shruti Kanwar as Radha, Kanchan's cousin sister
- Avinash Wadhawan as Anirudh Sinha
- Kamya Panjabi as Damini Anirudh Sinha
- Swati Nanda as Sanaya Seth (Urmi's Mumbai friend, Samrat's former lover)
- Ayesha Singh as Ratti Sinha
- Shashwita Sharma as Sandhiya Sinha
- Rajesh Balwani as Alok Sinha
- Keith Sequeira as James (blackmailer)
- Neetha Shetty as Kiran, Samrat's love interest
- Vikram Chatterjee as Yash Singhania
- Manasi Salvi as Urmi Ishaan Sinha (second season)
- Kunal Karan Kapoor as Shaurya Ishaan Sinha (Umri and Samrat's son, Ishaan's adoptive son, Ishaani's half-brother, Diya's husband)
- Neha Sargam as Diya Shaurya Sinha (née Tiwari) (Shaurya's wife)
- Nalini Negi as Ishaani Ishaan Sinha (Umri and Ishaan's daughter, Shaurya's half-sister)
- Kunal Jaisingh/Shashank Sethi as Chiku Gaurav Singh (Asha and Gaurav's son)
- Kapil Arya as Karan Tripathi
- Pankaj Dheer as Mr. Jaamdar
- Gaurav Chopra as Akash Kumar
- Pallavi Dutt as Sheeba Kumar; Mrs. Akash Kumar
- Mohit Shrivastava as Prathanesh Sharma
- Shahab Khan as Mr Tiwari (Diya's father)
- Sunayana Fozdar as Simran (Mr Akash Kumar's fashion designer)
- Krishnam Sharma as Rahul
- Karan Mishra as Deepak
Initially Mohit Malik rejected the role then Rahil Azam was signed for the show but was eventually replaced by Mohit Malik.
Chhavi Pandey auditioned for Parvati Sehgal's role but got rejected by the makers.
Karan Tacker was approached for Ishaan's role before finalizing Vibhav Roy in it but Karan rejected the role because of some personal issues.
Nikita Sharma was offered a role in the show which was earlier played by Priya Shinde in the show.
Falaq Naaz was chosen for playing the elder Anushka in the show after the five-year leap replacing Mehendi Jain as the younger one which was a strong character of an IPS Officer in the show but the makers scrapped her role because of too many characters in the six-year leap.
Mohit Malik was to play the role of adult Shaurya after leap but he quit the show because of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.
Saurabh Raaj Jain was offered Shaurya's role which was later played by Kunal Karan Kapoor in the show.
Kanchi Singh was offered Nalini Negi's role but declined it as she thought it was a negative character.
Rajat Tokas was approached for the show but declined the part Gaurav Chopra played the part later.
Awards and Nominations
||Zee Rishtey Awards
||GR8! Performer of the year- Male
||Zee Rishtey Awards
||Favourite Popular Face - Male
||Zee Rishtey Awards
||Favourite Naya Sadasya