4 April 1959
|Relatives||Marutirao Parab (Father)|
Dara Munawar Ali (brother)
Maruti was born to an actor-director father Marutirao Parab on 4 April 1959. Her real name is Tahira Parab and she was nicknamed Guddi. Manmohan Desai gave her the screen name which is what she is known by today.
Maruti started her career at the age of 10 years as a child artist in the film Jaan Haazir Hain. After her father's death, she continued acting to support the family. Due to her physical appearance, she bagged comedy roles in films and kept on going with her career.
Maruti has acted in over 97 movies since the 1980s. Over the years, she acted in TV shows and is well known for her role as Bua in the TV show Doli Armano Ki. Her popular movies include Khiladi, Shola Aur Shabnam, Aashik Aawara, Dulhe Raja and Biwi No. 1. She did not take chances to get to main stream acting to avoid risks of being unsuccessful.
After her marriage, she had troubles conceiving and that led to her break from acting.
|Film/TV||Year||Role||Nagina||1986||Comedian||Aag Aur Shola||1986||College Student|
|Hukumat||1987||Dancer in a song|
|Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni||1989||Bela Batliwala|
|Khiladi||1992||Sheetal's friend 'Wada Pao'|
|Shola Aur Shabnam||1992||Guddi|
|Dulhe Raja||1998||Ajgar Singh's Wife|
|Biwi No 1||1999|
|Hum Sab Ullu Hain||2015|
- "'When I was working, I was not allowed to lose weight'". Rediff. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Guddi Maruti makes comeback in films after nine years". The Indian Express. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Guddi Maruti - Bollywood Bindass". Bollywood Bindass. 28 July 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Guddi Maruti (Actor) – Profile". FilmiLive. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Guddi Maruti makes comeback in films after nine years - FacenFacts". www.facenfacts.com. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Missing". dailybhaskar. 27 June 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2017.