Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai (It’s A Story About Those Days) is an Indian Hindi language coming of age romantic drama television series produced by Shashi Sumeet Productions which premiered on Sony TV on 5 September 2017. Ashi Singh and Randeep Rai play the roles of Naina and Sameer respectively. The show is based on the youngsters' love story and is set in the 1990s. It is inspired from the real life love story of producers Shashi and Sumeet Mittal.
|Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai|
|Genre||Coming of age|
|Created by||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Written by||Shashi Sumeet Mittal|
Vaishali Naik Nageen Mirza
|Directed by||Jaladh K Sharma , Yogesh Bijendra Bhatti ,Jasbir Bhatti ,Pushkar Pandit|
|Creative director(s)||Indrajeet Mukherjee|
|Voices of||Kumar Sanu|
|Theme music composer||Anu Malik|
Sanjay Chhel Lyrics
|Opening theme||"Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||452 as of 14 June 2019|
|Producer(s)||Shashi Sumeet Mittal|
Sumeet Hukamchand Mittal
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Network|
|Original network||Sony SET India|
Sony Entertainment Television Network Asia
Sony Entertainment Television Network Mauritius
|Original release||5 September 2017 –|
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The story is narrated by the adult versions of the main characters, Naina and Sameer. The story starts in 1990, in Ahmedabad, India. Naina Aggarwal, a 16 year old, studious student of Pragati Vidya Ka Mandir lives with her Chacha-Chachi Anand and Bela, their daughters and her cousins Pooja and Preeti, and her father Rakesh, elder brother Arjun, Taiji-tauji Beena and Jagdeesh and their son Pralay.
Sameer Maheshwari, a 17 year old, is living in a hostel in Nainital. He is a happy-go-lucky, good looking boy and shifts to Naina's school. She instantly falls for him and constantly tries to gain his attention. But Naina ends up in situations where she has to stand against Sameer. one such situation it is found that someone stole the exam papers for the Head boy contest. Arjun and Sameer are therefore thoroughly checked as they are the only two who contest, here, Naina proves Sameer guilty due to a misunderstanding Whereas he is actually innocent and it is Naina's brother who has actually stolen the papers due to much pressure from his father. Sameer is therefore slapped by Naina's father and Naina's father questions Sameer's upbringing. Sameer thus develops hatred for Naina and decides to take revenge by engaging in a bet, wherein he has to make Naina say "I love you" to him and make her hug him so that he can question Naina's upbringing.Sameer tries his best to win the bet.
After a few months, Naina's school goes for a trip to Mount Abu, where Sameer pretends to be in love with her and later is confused about his own feelings after experiencing Naina's caring side and her love for him. Naina, thinking his intentions to be true, confesses her love. At that moment, she learns of the bet and that Sameer pretending to be in love. This leaves Naina completely heartbroken and depressed, and starts hating Sameer.
Sameer, now realises that he too has fallen for her. So to gain her back, Sameer tries different ways of apologizing.Meanwhile, Naina's brother gets to know about the bet and starts to beat Sameer for playing with Naina's feelings.But durung the fight Arjun falls off the stairs and hurts his leg. Naina's father holds Sameer responsible for this and asks hi to serve Arjun until he is alright.During this punishment Sameer helps Naina's family at various problems and eventually wins Naina's heart atlast. Naina, at first is stubborn and refuses to forgive but later on forgives Sameer and starts their relationship afresh.
Sameer shares about his relation to his grandpa, who likes Naina very much. He asks to give his wife's saree to Naina to be worn on farewell day. But unfortunately, Sameer's grandpa passes away. He becomes depressed. So, he is taken to Delhi to overcome depression. Sameer faces a lot of problems in Delhi due to his step-dadi (Kitu Giddwani) who doesn't like his presence. Sameer bonds with his Step-brother Rohan and his step-sister Deepika. Naina and Sameer, though separated for almost a year, love each other very much and their relation goes strong. Sameer returns to Ahmedabad within a year and the couple reunite.
After schooling, both the lovebirds enroll to same college, VJN college. The relation is going strong and deepens day by day. But one day, Sameer takes Naina on a trip to celebrate her birthday, things are going well, but due to a series of unfortunate circumstances, Naina reaches home very late. While she is scared about facing her family's wrath, her family is busy questioning Arjun and Shefali, who is their neighbour, about their relationship. Shefali confesses that they are in love but Arjun denies as he is scared, this leads to their break-up and a humiliated Shefali is forced to leave the town. Naina now decides to break up with Sameer as she doesn't want to go through what Arjun went and does not want Sameer's heart to break. Thus, Naina and Sameer break-up, which results in Sameer becoming a sage. Beena decides to get Naina married to a CA, Sharad, who is very arrogant and narrow minded. Against the will, Naina has to agree to the alliance, depressing Sameer. To woo Naina, Sameer proposes to Sunaina, which Sunaina takes seriously. After Sharad misbehaves with Anand, Naina breaks off the alliance, to which the family agree. One day Anand gets to know of their relation. On seeing Sameer's true love, dedication and loyalty towards Naina, he approves of their relationship. Thus, Sameer and Naina reunite as Naina now has someone from her family supporting her. Sunaina gets jealous and constantly tries to separate the two, meanwhile breaking Swati (Naina's best friend) and Naina's friendship.
Naina later becomes the General Secretary of the college. So, Sameer and Naina's relationship undergoes many trials and tribulations, which just makes their love stronger. Soon, there is a drama taking place at college and Naina and Kartik, who is their rival are selected as lead characters. Kartik hugs Naina on stage purposely and this angers Sameer. While trying to explain to Sameer, Naina is spotted by Taiji while saying "I love you", soon Taiji starts suspecting Naina and follows her everywhere to find who the boy is.
Anand, meanwhile travels to America. In his absence, Naina goes for a bike ride with Sameer. This is spotted by Taiji and Rakesh and are very much angry with Naina for having a relation with a 'Maheshwari' and also, Rakesh hates him. To hide the shame, Taiji decides to get Naina married to Sharad on the same day. Naina being feared, elopes with Sameer which creates a huge ruckus in the family. Naina and Sameer hide at a temple with their friends until Anand returns.
Naina and Sameer return home as soon as Anand returns. Naina, who thought Anand will support her, slaps her instead, leaving her shocked. Bela then clears the air saying she inly gave Naina permission to elope and how she was forced to marry Sharad. Anand apologises, and promises to get her married to Sameer.
After many problems, Naina's family agrees for the marriage. Hence, they get engaged. But at night function, the Maheshwaris insult the Aggarwals. This leads the families to break the engagement, much to the dismay of Naina and Sameer. But, after a few days, both of them get to know of the hatched plan of mamaji and tauji to break the marriage. Hence, tauji and Taiji refuse to attend any of the functions of Naina and Sameer. But Anand assures the couple that he will conduct the marriage. Rakesh reluctantly helps in the marriage preparations.
Sameer, heartbroken of his Mamaji's evil actions, leaves his home and decides to stay in Munna's home. However, he never leaves the idea of marrying Naina. Munna and Pandit help Sameer in his marriage preparation.
And finally, Naina and Sameer get happily married. But Naina now faces humiliation due to her own mistakes, like that she doesn't perform a post-marital ritual properly. She then drapes a saree in a wrong way, making Mamiji and other guests making fun of her. Her permed hair also gets exposed, which makes Naina red faced. She also makes halwa as a ritual, making it too sweet, again an embarrassing moment for her. Vivek also makes Vishakha leave her son and return to Delhi, which makes both Sameer and Naina sad.
Now, the newly married couple travels to Ooty for a honeymoon. Meanwhile, Juhi and Arjun marriage is fixed.
After returning from the honeymoon they realise that they are quite immature and they keep on having arguments. After the college exams end Sameer starts working in his factory where mamaji also works. Mamaji and Devang make a plan to insult and anger Sameer so that they can throw Sameer out of the business. They do so. When Sameer returns home after he gets to know about the separation, he unintentionally shouts and slaps at Naina which makes her really sad. She goes to her Chacha ji's home for Gangaur. Meanwhile, Munna's marriage is fixed and he throws a pre marriage party. There the other friends get to know about this fight. Sameer and Naina both cry and miss each other a lot but do not call each other. Both of them share their problems with their moms. When Naina gets to know about the business separation from Mamaji she rushes to go to Sameer's house but gets an accident. Sameer then realised his mistake and asks her to get up and she does. Both of them lose their ego and get together again. The business is then separated.After that Sameer and Naina open a boutique named; Samaina. After 6 months Preeti gets married to Shubham, Munna gets married to Reeva and Swati gets married to another man, but the boutique isn't going well.
Swati makes Naina understand that she should now start getting romantic with Sameer as he is her husband. This makes Naina give up her insecurities and make as many memories as possible while they are still in Ahmedabad. Later, that night Sameer and Naina consummate their marriage.
Afterwards they travel to Mumbai for fulfilling the dream of Sameer of becoming a hero. Though he faces many problems, their relationship and love goes strong.
- Ayesha Kaduskar as Preethi Agarwal, Naina's Cousin/sister, Shubham's wife
- Aditya as Pralay Agarwal, Naina's cousin
- Nidhi Bhavsar as Juhi Agarwal,Arjun's wife
- Somendra Solanki/Vivaan Singh Rajput as Arjun Agarwal, Naina's elder brother Shefali's ex love interest and Juhi's husband
- Shwetha Rajput as Pooja Agarwal, Naina's cousin, Preeti's sister and Varun's wife
- Love Joshi as Varun Mittal, Pooja's husband
- Madhusree Sharma as Bela Agarwal, Naina's aunt
- Sachin Khurana as Anand Agarwal, Naina's uncle
- Chandresh Singh as Rakesh Agarwal, Naina's father
- Abha Parmar as Beena Agarwal, Naina's aunt
- Sanjay Batra as Naresh Agarwal, Naina's uncle
- Kiran Kumar as Jaiprakash Maheshwari, Sameer's grandfather
- Subuhi Joshi as Poonam Maheshwari, Sameer's sister-in-law
- Atul Verma as Devang Maheshwari, Sameer's cousin
- Melanie Nazareth as Prabha Maheshwari, Sameer's aunt
- Rajendra Chawla as Kamlesh Maheshwari, Sameer's uncle
- Riddhima Taneja as Deepika Somani, Sameer's half-sister
- Rohit Chandel as Rohan Somani, Sameer's stepbrother
- Vaishnavi Mahant as Vishakha Somani, Sameer's mother
- Sandeep Rajora as Bobby aka Vivek Somani, Sameer's stepfather
- Kitu Gidwani as Mrs. Somani aka Dadi, Sameer's step grandmothers
- Sanjay Choudhary as Munna aka Manoj, Sameer's bestfriend/cousin Swati's ex and Rewa's husband
- Raghav Dhir as Pandit, Sameer's bestfriend
- Kristina Patel as Swathi,Naina's bestfriend,Munna's ex
- Malina Kumra as Kamya, Naina's friend
- Hema Sai as Hema, Naina's friend
- Rishina Kandhari as Shanthi Teacher
- Rushad Rana as Lochan sir
- Guddi Maruti as Principal of VJN College
- Vishnuu Vats as Jayesh Bhoummik Raval
- Arjun Aneja as Farhan Poonawala, Drama teacher
- Nirbhay Shukla as Vicky
- Hitesh Sharma as Kartik Dholakia
- Vaibhav Shrivastav as Priyank
- Sejal Sharma as Dimple
- Nishi Singh as Sunaina Parekh
- Charu Trikha as Mitali
- Vikas Tripathi as Shubham, Preethi's husband
- Kanchan Gupta as Nirmala, Preethi's Mother-in-law
- Oorvi Vyaas as Shivani, Jatin's Sister, Vanitha's Sister-in-law
- Ruchitha Jadhav as Vanitha, Jatin's wife, Shivani's sister-in-law
- Devang Taana as Jatin, Vanitha's husband, Shivani's brother
- Sheethal Maulik as Sejal, Aditya's sister-in-law
- Meghan Jadhav as Aditya Godkare, Sejal's brother-in-law
- Hema Sood as Shefali Victor, Naina's pen friend, Arjun's ex love interest
- Simran Lulla as Amrita, Sameer's neighbour and friend.
- Jayshree T. as Phulla Bua, Naina's bua dadi
- Manika Mehrotra as Rinky Agarwal, Naina's cousin
- Sandeep Goyal as Kanji
- Prachi Joshi as Rewa, Munna's wife
The opening theme of Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai is composed by Anu Malik. The lyrics are written by Sanjay Chhel and it comprises the voices of legendary singers Kumar Sanu and Sadhana Sargam. The song has been praised for its melodious lyrics which refreshes the happenings in 1990's.
The show has received positive reviews. It was particularly hailed for a fresh outlook and for bringing out the nostalgia and the flavours of the 90s well. It topped Sony TV shows by gaining a TRP of 1.5 in its first week.
UK's weekly Asian newspaper Eastern Eye praised the creative team of the show for leaving no stone unturned to recreate the city of Ahmedabad from an earlier era and called it a tribute to the city.
This show has also earned compliments from various television as well as film actors.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2018||Gold Awards||Best Debut (Female)||Ashi Singh||Nominated|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor (Popular)||Randeep Rai||Nominated|
|Best Story (Jury)||Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai||Won|
|2019||Kalakar Awards||Best Female Debut||Ashi Singh||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Jodi (Popular)||Ashi Singh & Randeep Rai||Nominated|
|Best Daily Series (Popular)||Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai||Nominated|
- ""Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai", a show revisiting 90s era, airs on Sony from today". uniindia.com. 5 September 2017.
- "Pehredaar Piya Ki makers 'heartbroken' after show was axed; next project Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai". Firstpost. 6 September 2017.
- "Why Sony's new show Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai is giving us all the good vibes about the 90s". inuth.com. 8 September 2017.
- "Gear up to go into flashbacks with Sony TV's new show 'Ye Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai'". Bollywoodmdb.com. 1 September 2017.
- "Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai will take you down the memory lane". indiatoday.in. 8 September 2017.
- "Kundali Bhagya, Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai – a look at the best shows launched in 2017!". BollywoodLife.com. 28 December 2017.
- "Bollywood songs are losing poetic value: Kumar Sanu". radioandmusic.com. 5 September 2017.
- "Kumar Sanu: Singers who sang the original track must also sing the rehashed version". Hindustan Times. 15 September 2017.
- "Ye Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai: A few shows down & the story keeps you hooked!". bollywoodmdb.com. 14 September 2017.
- "'Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai': a love story from the 90s". The Times of India. 5 September 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2019.
- "SHASHI MITTAL'S TRIBUTE TO AHMEDABAD IN YEH UN DINON KI BAAT HAI!". Eastern Eye. 18 September 2017.
- "Veteran actress Supriya Pilgaonkar compliments makers of 'Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 December 2017.