Kunal Karan Kapoor (born 22 August 1982) is an Indian actor known for playing the role of Mohan Bhatnagar in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. On 9 April 2020, Kunal Karan Kapoor entered web space with the VootSelect web series The Raikar Case.
Kunal Karan Kapoor
|Born||22 August 1982|
In 2004, Kapoor debuted in his first TV serial, Remix, which aired on channel Star One. His next serial was Left Right Left for Sab TV in 2006. It was around this time that he changed his screen name to avoid any confusion with film actor Kunal Kapoor. He added his father's name, Karan, as a middle name.
In 2008 he appeared as Monty in the serial Meet Mila De Rabba for Sony Entertainment Television, and in 2009 he played Sukhi Singh in Maayka for Zee Anmol. Then, in order to demonstrate his versatility, he accepted the role of villain Angad Yadav in Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya for StarPlus. His performance in this serial received good reviews. In 2010 he played Amrik Singh in the Colors TV serial Rishton Se Badi Pratha.
At the end of 2011, he got a lead role in the Colors TV serial Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. Kapoor had auditioned for the production house some time earlier and Sudhir Sharma of Sunshine Productions saw that audition tape. He felt that Kapoor was best suited to play the male lead opposite stage actress Aakanksha Singh. The serial started airing on 9 January 2012. Kapoor played the role of rustic, carefree, righteous reporter Mohan Bhatnagar. His performance was applauded by TV industry professionals, the media and viewers. His role was later termed 'iconic' and the serial was called a cult show.
On 14 January 2013, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha returned for a second season by public demand. On 4 May 2013 Kapoor won the award for Best Male Actor in a Lead Role at the 2013 Indian Telly Awards for his performance as Mohan Bhatnagar.
In 2015 Kapoor appeared in Doli Armaano Ki as Shaurya Urmi Sinha, owner and editor of a newspaper. He had worked with the production house before on Maan ki awaaz Pratigya and Rishton Se Badi Pratha. In 2018 he appeared as corrupt police inspector Krishna Shekhawat in Zee TV's serial Woh Apna Sa.
In 2019 Kapoor entered web space and acted in the web series The Raikar Case, a family mystery thriller. This series was released on OTT platform VootSelect on 9 April 2020. He played Mohit Naik Raikar. The second season of The Raikar Case is said to be in the pipeline.
Kapoor is a photographer and travel enthusiast. In 2013, he was featured in an edition of India Today Travel Plus, in which he tried his hand at writing. In the same year he shot some videos during his trip to Ladakh. His footage was used in the first promo for Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha season 2. He voiced a nazm that year for the show.
In 2017 Kapoor appeared in the Bengali music video "Adda Song" along with Ritabhari Chakraborty, Swanand Kirkire as lyricist, Anupam Roy as a vocalist, and music by Bengali band Chandrabindu. In 2020, he shot and edited videos for Sisterhood Soiree Edition 2-Goa 2020.
|Around 1994||Rajani||Master Kunal Kapoor||Doordarshan||Child artist|
|2004-2006||Remix||Varun||Star One||Lead role|
|2006-2008||Left Right Left||Cadet Yadhuvansh Sahni / Yudi||SAB TV||Lead role|
|2008-2009||Meet Mila De Rabba||Monty||Sony||-|
|2007-2009||Maayka||Sukhi Singh||Zee TV||-|
|2009-2012||Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya||Angad Yadav||Star Plus||Villain role|
|2010-2011||Rishton Se Badi Pratha||Amrik Singh||Colors TV||-|
|2012-2013||Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha||Mohan Bhatnagar / Monu / Vasu Rajvardhan||Colors TV||Lead role|
|2015||Doli Armaanon Ki||Shaurya Ishaan Sinha||Zee TV||Lead role|
|2018||Woh Apna Sa||Krishna Shikhawat / Krish||Zee TV||Lead role|
|2021-present||Ziddi Dil Maane Na||Sid Ganju||Sony SAB||Lead role|
|2018||Bhindi||Voice over||8th Wonder Production|
|2018||Ab khush khabri ghar baithe||Deaf and mute||Pregakem|
|Year||Bengali music video||Role||Co-Star||Lyrics & Singers||Production|
|2017||Adda||Subhash||Ritabhari Chakraborty||Swanand Kirkire, Anupam Roy and Bengali band Chandrabindu||
|2020||The Raikar Case||Mohit Naik Raikar||Bodhitree Multimedia & VootSelect|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2013||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor in a lead role||Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha||Won|
- Keshri, Shweta (22 August 2017). "Happy Birthday, Kunal Karan Kapoor: These performances of the actor stole our hearts". India Today.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 November 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Voot Select series".
- "12 years of 'Remix': This is what the cast is upto now". The Times of India. 2 November 2016.
- "10 Reasons 'Left Right Left' Was An Amazing Show! #NostalgiaTrip". MissMalini. 21 April 2015.
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor: Lesser known facts". The Times of India. 22 August 2015.
- Maayka (TV Series 2007– ) - IMDb, retrieved 15 October 2020
- "Kunal's an image-breaker!". India Forums.
- "Tinsel Gupshup > Hindi TV Serial features & reviews | Come Undone - Kunal Karan Kapoor > Interviews > Tinsel Personality > News". www.tinselgupshup.com.
- Rishton Se Badi Pratha (Drama), Shalini Chandran, Gaurav Chaudhary, Parul Chauhan, Kunal Karan Kapoor, Spellbound Productions, Walkwater Media, 15 November 2010, retrieved 15 October 2020CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor: The Interview – Unboxed Writers".
- "Returning with a bang - Indian Express". archive.indianexpress.com.
- Team, Tellychakkar. ""I never expected that I will win", says Kunal after bagging the Best Actor in a Lead Role at the Telly Awards". Tellychakkar.com.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "I am playing a cop for the first time: Kunal Karan Kapoor on entering Woh Apna Sa". Tellychakkar.com.
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor: On TV people don't experiment, they bank on what works". 16 April 2020.
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor's emotional bond with Ashvini Bhave". Telangana Today.
- MumbaiJuly 26, India Today Web Desk; July 26, 2021UPDATED; Ist, 2021 18:13. "Shaleen Malhotra, Kunal Karan Kapoor-starrer Ziddi Dil Maane Na trailer out. Watch". India Today. Retrieved 18 September 2021.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor:The Eternal Traveller – Unboxed Writers".
- "Nepal: A Pictorial Love Story – Unboxed Writers".
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor: Honestly Once More – Unboxed Writers".
- "Explore- Czech republic in Kafka Country : Travel Plus - Travelplus". travelplus.intoday.in.
- "Kunal goes behind the camera for Na Bole Tum-2!". ColorsTv.
- "Mohan Megha give their voice in the title track of NBT!". India Forums.
- "Ritabhari Chakraborty is ready to enter Bollywood". bytesofindia.com.
- "Kunal Karan Kapoor: I have always wanted to be a director more than an actor". mid-day. 7 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kunal Karan Kapoor.|