Left Right Left (TV series)
Left Right Left is an Indian television series that aired on SAB TV at 9:30pm IST, from Monday to Thursday, it was directed and produced by Tony Singh and Deeya Singh under the banner of DJ's Creative Unit. The series' second season ended on 26 September 2008, and it was replaced by Jugni Chali Jalandhar. Its inception was a unique concept for Indian TV and title track was given by Vishal–Shekhar which was widely appreciated.The serial was re-aired on Sony pal in December 2016 but ceased after 36 episodes due to unknown reasons and was succeeded by a series called Singhasan Battisi. Left Right Left has attracted youth viewers and has developed a cult status.
|Left Right Left|
Intertitle of "Left Right Left"
|Created by||SAB TV Team, DJ's Creative Unit, and Vinay Choudary|
|Directed by||Tony Singh and Deeya Singh|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||440|
|Producer(s)||Tony Singh and Deeya Singh|
|Running time||approx. 24 minutes|
|Original network||SAB TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||10 July 2006 – 26 September 2008|
The show is based on Kanchanjunga Military Academy where soldiers are trained to serve the nation. Naveen Singh Ahluwalia (Sameer Sharma) who is the narrator of the show tells his story about how he was framed and labelled as a Traitor. The Academy is helmed by Brigadier Chandok(Puneet Issar) and his team of army officers. The story narrates the plot of six youngsters who comes from various backgrounds to take admission in the Academy. These youngsters are Naina Singh (Priyanka Bassi) Amardeep Huda (Vikas Manaktala) Ali Begh (Harshad Chopra) Aalekh Sharma (Arjun Bijlani) Yadhuvansh Sahni (Kunal Karan Kapoor) and Pooja Ghai (Gazal Rai). Together they join the army and become cadets to serve the nation. They are supported by Captain Rajveer (Rajeev Khandelwal) and Dr. Ritu Mishra (Shweta Salve). It is suggested that one of the Cadets, Naina Singh Ahluwalia has joined the academy with a mission to conquer. It is revealed that she is no one else but younger sister of Naveen Singh Ahluwalia who was labelled as a Traitor. Naina doesn't believe that her brother was a traitor and hence to prove his innocence and avenge the people who wronged him, She joins KMA to fulfill her goal. Also she vows to become the best cadet of the Academy just like her brother. But in order to do so, she hides her real identity. Having witnessed atrocities at an early age by the people who insulted her family, Naina develops hate, anger and disgust for the society particularly with the system in the Indian Army.
Captain Rajveer is revealed to be the best friend of Naveen Singh Ahluwalia. Initially, he suspects Naina to be a spy but later helps her out when he comes to know his Identity. Naina befriends Huda, Ali, Aalekh, Pooja and Yudi and they form a good team. However, Naina's journey doesn't seem to be easy as she is repeatedly confronted by Brigadier, Major Nair (Deepraj Rana) and Major Bhargav (Rajesh Khera). Her other support in the academy are Subedaar Suri (Sanjeev Mehra) and Dr Shalini (Aparna Tilak) Naina's truth is revealed soon and the academy starts hating her. Captain Rajveer, Yudi, Huda, Pooja Ali, Aalekh, Dr Shalini and Suri stands by her while rest of the academy goes against her. Eventually Naina is given clean chit by Brigadier who asks her to concentrate on becoming an Army officer. It is revealed that Dr Ritu Mishra is a spy and wants to bring harm to the Army. Rajveer kills Dr Ritu but gets repeatedly attacked by goons sent by the person responsible for framing Naveen.
It is revealed that besides Rajveer, there was another friend of Naveen who was very close to him. Captain Abhimanyu Singh Chauhan joins KMA to help Naina proving Navin's innocence. In an unexpected turn of Events, Rajveer gets framed just like Naveen and gets court marshaled by the Brigadier. Naina and Rajveer by this time, develops feelings for each other and falls in love but before their love story could blossom, Rajveer gets killed in an explosion however, his body is never found. Naina with her friends embark on a Journey to find about the culprit who had wronged Naveen and Rajveer both. It is revealed that the man behind all the crimes is Lala Gehlot(Rajesh Khattar) who was very close to both Naveen and Rajveer. After various struggles and hardships, Naina manages successfully to expose Lala's crimes in front of the world. Lala gets arrested however manages to come out from the jail, which is revealed in season two. Naveen Singh Ahluwalia gets justice and his name gets cleared. Naina and the rest of the cadets graduates from KMA and sets out to join their postings.
Season 2 brings six new cadets into the story Sanaya Irani as Cadet Sameera Shroff Deeya Chopra as Cadet Vidya Saxena Harshvardhan Rane as Cadet Rummy Gaur Saurav Chakrabarthy as Cadet Peter Subnis Mohit Dagga as Cader Markand Mala Shikha Singh as Cadet Akriti Bhat and Swati Taldar as Cadet Purvi Bisht. Just like previous cadets they are new to the academy and they have various missions to fulfill. They are now supported by Captain Gunraj (Ankur Nayar) while rest of the team members from the academy join them. Brigadier Chandok gets replaced by Brigadier Gaur (Sudesh Berry). The new cadets now finds a new challenge as they have to fight against a new enemy of Nation that is called Eagle. Initially Eagle is known to be Shona Das (Gauri Pradhan) but later it is revealed that she is a special officer in the Army. The Eagle turns out to be Lala Gehlot in the end. Due to his political powers, Lala is so powerful that no prison has managed to keep him for long. Convinced that there is no solution to defeat the enemy. Captain Gunny shoots him the end. The rest of the cadets are suspended from the academy but finds a place in the special task force in the Indian Army.
- Season 1: The story is based on six confused, disoriented cadets in an Indian Army academy, who face many obstacles, yet stand still. Besides, the story portrays the love of Indian youth of today toward their country. This show revolves mainly around the people of the army academy, "Kanchanjunga Military Academy" (KMA), Ambala Cantt. At the end of this season, Lala Gehlot is arrested and the cadets are recognized for their great bravery.
- Season two starts with the same set of cadets from Season one and they await the posting letters and all of them end up getting wonderful postings in the army. Season 2 next part is about seven cadets who, like season 1, join KMA. Their story revolves around Eagle, a national enemy. 999, the leader of the anti-social group Eagle, is caught. They learn that 999 is Lala Gehlot, and Captain Randhawa shoots him down. At the end of this season, the cadets leave KMA and stay a part of the Army as part of a special task force.
- Season 1
- Rajeev Khandelwal as Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat
- Priyanka Bassi as Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia
- Arjun Bijlani as Cadet Alekh Sharma
- Vikas Manaktala as Cadet Amardeep Huda
- Harshad Chopra as Cadet Ali Baig
- Ghazal Rai as Cadet Pooja Ghai
- Kunal Karan Kapoor as Cadet Yadhuvansh Sahni (Yudi)
- Aparna Tilak as Captain Dr. Shalini Singhal
- Shweta Salve as Dr Ritu Mishra / Bisht
- Gaurav Chopra as Captain Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan (Continued in Season 2)
- Samir Sharma as Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia
- Rajesh Khera as Major Bhargav
- Puneet Issar as Brigadier Chandok
- Deepraj Rana as Major Prabhat Nair
- Rajesh Khattar as Lala Gehlot
- Ankur Nayyar as Captain Gunraj (Gunny) Singh Randhawa (Continued in Season 2)
- Sanjeev Mehra as Suri JI
- Season 2
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani as Captain Shona Das
- Sanaya Irani as Cadet Sameera Shroff
- Deeya Chopra as Cadet Vidya Saxena
- Harshvardhan Rane as Cadet Rummy Gaur
- Saurav Chakravarthy as Cadet Peter Subnis
- Mohit Dagga as Cadet Markand Malla
- Shikha Singh as Cadet Akriti Bhat
- Swati Taldar as Cadet Purvi Bisht
- Hiten Tejwani as Colonel Abhay Verma
Over the years, the show has received a cult status among the youth. Most of the actors benefited from the show and turned out to be household names. In 2014, Channel V show O Gujariya: Badlein Chal Duniya was loosely based on the characters of Left Right Left.