This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||23 April 2000|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Audience share||583,160 (September 2020, BARC India)|
|Slogan||Khushiyon Wali Feeling|
|Formerly called||Sab TV|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV|
Sony Max 2
Sony SAB tamil
Sony BBC Earth
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 126 (SD)|
Channel 127 (HD)
|Big TV||Channel 210 (SD)|
|Dish TV||Channel 107 (SD)|
Channel 106 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 134 (SD)|
Channel 132 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 320 (SD)|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 718 (SD)|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 113|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701 (HD/SD)|
|OSN (Middle East|
& North Africa)
|Channel 281 (SD)|
|Starsat (Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 509 (SD)|
|Parabole Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 141|
|Parabole Madagascar (Madagascar)||Channel 141|
|Parabole Réunion (Réunion)||Channel 141|
|Channel 206 (SD)|
|In Digital||Channel 105 (SD)|
|Siti Cable (Kolkata)||Channel 116 (SD)|
Channel 26 (HD)
|GTPL||Channel 05 (SD)|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807 (SD)|
|Manthan Digital||Channel 507 (SD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 522 (SD)|
|Den Cable||Channel 107|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 172|
|Asianet Digital TV (IND)||Channel 505 (SD)|
Channel 853 (HD)
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 774|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 648 (SD)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163 (SD)|
Channel 164 (VOD)
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 38|
|Unifi TV (Malaysia)||Channel 311 (old) |
Channel 342 (new)
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Any Where||Watch live (UK only)|
|SonyLIV||Watch Sony SAB TV Live (India)|
Sony SAB was launched as SAB TV by the Sri Adhikari Brothers (thus the acronym) on 23 April 2000. At first it was launched as a Hindi-language comedy channel. Sony Pictures Networks took over SAB TV in March 2005 and rebranded it as Sony SAB, with a new focus on general entertainment and eventually turning itself into a youth channel. In 2008, Sony Sab changed its appeal to being a Hindi-language generalist network.
- Sony SAB launches brand campaign that signifies new tagline- Khushiyon Wali Feelings Retrieve on 11 July 2019
- "Will Sony SAB's rebranding efforts pay off? - The Financial Express". www.financialexpress.com. 29 July 2019.
- "Adhikaris sell SAB TV brand to Sony for $13 m". The Financial Express (India). 14 March 2005.
- indiantelevision.com Team (11 May 2005). "Smart Buy: Making of the Sony-Sab deal". Indiantelevision Dot Com.
- "SAB TV shifts from pure comedy to general entertainment". 28 October 2005. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Mohanty, Meera (30 August 2008). "SAB to reposition itself as family-oriented comedy channel". Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "SAB HD to launch on 5 September". TelevisionPost.com. Archived from the original on 2 September 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: It's been 10 years, 2500 episodes but Tapu Sena, Gokuldham members feel like it's just the beginning". Mumbai Mirror.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|