DHL Aviation is a division of DHL Express (owned by Deutsche Post) responsible for providing air transport capacity. It is not a single airline, but refers to several airlines owned, co owned or chartered by DHL Express.
|Website||DHL Express Division - Aviations|
In 2009, Deutsche Post World Net rebranded to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL). In the United States, DHL Airways was renamed Astar Air Cargo which in turn operated air freight services as a cargo airline for DHL until 2012.
Deutsche Post owns five main airlines, which provide services by region:
- European Air Transport Leipzig (EAT Leipzig) is responsible for the major part of the European network and for long-haul services to the Middle East and Africa. From its hub at the Leipzig/Halle Airport it operates a fleet of Boeing and Airbus freighters.
- DHL Air UK (DHL Air) is based at East Midlands Airport, was purchased by DHL in 1989, and has since 2000 been operating a fleet of Boeing 757 freighters on intra-European services and a fleet of new built Boeing 767 freighters, primarily on trans-atlantic routes.
- DHL Aero Expreso is the subsidiary in Central and South America Hub in Tocumen, Panamá , operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 and 757-200 Freighters in Central and South America, as well as serving destinations in the Caribbean and Florida.
- SNAS/DHL (DHL International) handles Middle East destinations from its headquarters and main regional hub at Bahrain International Airport, operating a fleet of Boeing 767 freighters. The fleet is deployed throughout the Middle East and in Africa.
- Blue Dart Aviation, is based at Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India, with a fleet of 6 Boeing 757 Freighters. It provides services for the Indian network of DHL and regional charters.
It also owns the following smaller airlines:
Deutsche Post also has stakes in the following airlines, some of which also operate under the DHL brand or livery:
- AeroLogic, Schkeuditz (Leipzig), Germany (50%), operating a fleet of Boeing 777F.
- ABX Air, Inc. Wilmington, OH, USA (0%, Contract).
- Polar Air Cargo, Purchase, NY, USA (49%).
- Southern Air, Erlanger, KY, USA (0%, Contract).
- Solenta Aviation, Johannesburg, South Africa (unknown).
- Tasman Cargo Airlines, Sydney, Australia (49%), operating one Boeing 767F.
- "EAT Leipzig Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "DHL Air Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "DHL International Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Blue Dart Aviation Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net Just Aviation.
- "Participation list" (PDF). Annual Financial Statements. Deutsche Post AG. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "AeroLogic Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Please verify your request". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "DHL Express to add five ex-Etihad A330-200Fs". Cargofacts. 15 August 2018.
- "Southern Air" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-22. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- "Another Atlas Air freighter".
- The Grand Tour Fans (2018-01-12), The Grand Tour: DHL Name our Planes Competition, retrieved 2018-01-23