Corey Daniel Stoll (born March 14, 1976) is an American actor. He is known for his role as Dr. Ephraim Goodweather on the American television horror/suspense series The Strain on the FX network, as well as Congressman Peter Russo in House of Cards, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination in 2013. He was a regular cast member on the NBC drama series Law & Order: LA (2010–2011), and portrayed the villain Darren Cross in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Ant-Man (2015). Other notable roles include a 2004 Off-Broadway performance of Intimate Apparel, portraying Ernest Hemingway in the 2011 romantic comedy film Midnight in Paris and bulldog prosecutor Fred Wyshak in Black Mass.
Stoll at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con International
Corey Daniel Stoll
March 14, 1976
|Alma mater||Oberlin College|
Tisch School of the Arts
Nadia Bowers (m. 2015)
Stoll was born on the Upper West Side of New York City, New York. He is the son of Judith and Stephen Stoll, who is the co-founder of The Beacon School. Stoll was raised Jewish. He studied drama at Long Lake Camp for the Arts from 1988 through 1992. He was a Drama Department graduate of Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. He graduated from Oberlin College in 1998, and from New York University's Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts in 2003.
In 2004, Stoll received a Drama Desk Award nomination as Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play for Intimate Apparel, opposite Tony winner and Oscar winner Viola Davis. He went on to appear in several films, including North Country, Lucky Number Slevin, the television film A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, and Push. In 2010, he appeared in Helena from the Wedding and Salt.
Stoll starred as LAPD Detective Tomas "TJ" Jaruszalski on the NBC police drama Law & Order: LA. He played Ernest Hemingway in Woody Allen's 2011 film Midnight in Paris. Stoll, who is mostly bald, wore a custom wig for the role. In 2013, Stoll received a Golden Globe Award nomination for his performance in the Netflix series House of Cards. After House of Cards, he joined the FX horror television series The Strain, which is based on a series of novels written by Chuck Hogan and film director Guillermo Del Toro.
In 2014, Stoll also played Austin Reilly, an NYPD police officer, in the action film Non-Stop, and Paul Altman in the comedy-drama This Is Where I Leave You. In 2015, Stoll played Ben Day in the film Dark Places, based on the novel by Gillian Flynn, and had a major role as the villain in the superhero film Ant-Man, playing Darren Cross, later reimagined as the supervillain Yellowjacket. The following year, he reunited with Woody Allen, playing gangster Ben Dorfman in his 2016 film Café Society. Also in the summer of 2016, he played the wily Greek warrior Ulysses in the Public Theater production of Troilus and Cressida by William Shakespeare, in Central Park.
Nadia Bowers is a descendant of Maximilian de Beauharnais, 3rd Duke of Leuchtenberg, of the Dukes of Leuchtenberg, and of Napoleon's first wife, Joséphine de Beauharnais (though she is not a descendant of Napoleon himself).
|2004||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Sex Shop Clerk||Episode: "What's Eating Gilbert Grissom?"|
|2004||Charmed||Demon||Episode: "Witchness Protection"|
|2004||NYPD Blue||Martin Schweiss||Episode: "The Dead Donald"|
|2005||Alias||Sasha Korjev||Episode: "The Road Home"|
|2005||Numb3rs||Agent Reacher||Episode: "Sacrifice"|
|2005||ER||Teddy Marsh||Episode: "Cañon City"|
|2005||CSI: Miami||Craig Seaborn||Episode: "Three-Way"|
|2006||Law & Order||Gerald Ruane||Episode: "Heart of Darkness"|
|2006||Without a Trace||Steve Goodman||Episode: "Candy"|
|2006||The Unit||Intel Type (Bobby Cullen)||Episode: "Old Home Week"|
|2006||Standoff||Dr. Wayne||Episode: "Life Support"|
|2006||The Nine||Alex Kent||2 episodes|
|2006||A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story||Joey Marino||Television film|
|2006–2007||NCIS||Martin Quinn||3 episodes|
|2009||Life on Mars||Det. Ventura/Russell||Episode: "Home Is Where You Hang Your Holster"|
|2009||The Unusuals||Lewis Powell||Episode: "The Circle Line"|
|2009||The Good Wife||Collin Grant||Episode: "Stripped"|
|2010–2011||Law & Order: LA||Det. Tomas "TJ" Jaruszalski||22 episodes|
|2013, 2016||House of Cards||Rep. Peter Russo||12 episodes|
Nominated—Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Nominated—Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film
Nominated—Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film
|2014||The Normal Heart||John Bruno||Television film|
|2014–2017||The Strain||Dr. Ephraim Goodweather||45 episodes|
|2014–2016||American Dad!||Vincent Edmonds (voice)||2 episodes|
|2014||Homeland||Sandy Bachman||Episode: "The Drone Queen"|
|2016–2017||Girls||Dill Harcourt||5 episodes|
|2017||A Season With Navy Football||Narrator||13 episodes|
|2018||The Romanoffs||Michael Romanoff||Episode: "The Royal We"|
|2003||Henry IV||Ensemble||Vivian Beaumont Theatre|
|2004||Intimate Apparel||Mr. Marks||Laura Pels Theatre||Nominated -Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play|
|2007||Old Acquaintance||Rudd Kendall||American Airlines Theatre|
|2008||Some Americans Abroad||Philip Brown||Second Stage Theatre|
|2008||Beast||Banquo/Seyton||New York Theatre Workshop|
|2010||A View From the Bridge||Marco||Cort Theatre|
|2016||Troilus and Cressida||Ulysses||Shakespeare in the Park||Joe A. Callaway Award|
|2016||Plenty||Raymond Brock||The Public Theater|
|2017||Julius Caesar||Marcus Brutus||Shakespeare in the Park|
|2018||Othello||Iago||Shakespeare in the Park|
- VanAirsdale, S.T. (September 26, 2011). "Corey Stoll on Midnight in Paris, Being Ernest Hemingway and the Audition of a Lifetime". Movieline.com. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "How Corey Stoll Manned Up for Hemingway in 'Midnight in Paris'". Reuters. August 26, 2011.
- "NYU Graduate Acting Alumni". 2011. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Corey Stoll Joins Cast Of 'Law & Order: LA' –". Deadline.com. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "Frame Grab: Who is that guy who plays Hemingway in 'Midnight in Paris'? - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. May 30, 2011. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- Michael Cieply and Brooks Barnes (December 12, 2013). "'American Hustle' and '12 Years a Slave' Top 2014 Golden Globe Nominations". The New York Times. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 25, 2013). "Corey Stoll To Topline FX's 'The Strain', From Guillermo Del Toro & Carlton Cuse". Deadline.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 25, 2013). "Dark Places". DC. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- Collis, Clark (January 18, 2015). "Corey Stoll talks about playing 'Ant-Man' villain Yellowjacket". Entertainment Weekly.
- Playbill, July/August 2016
- Boardman, Madeline (October 5, 2014). "Homeland Star Corey Stoll Engaged to Girlfriend Nadia Bowers". US Weekly.
- "Corey Stoll and Nadia Bowers are Married – and Expecting a Baby Boy!". People.com. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "Corey Stoll, Wife Nadia Bowers Welcome First Child: See the Family Pic". Usmagazine.com. November 9, 2015. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "Person Page". www.thepeerage.com. Retrieved January 13, 2018.