Brief Interviews with Hideous Men (film)
Brief Interviews with Hideous Men is a 2009 American comedy-drama film written, produced, and directed by John Krasinski, in his directorial debut based on a short story collection of the same name by David Foster Wallace.
|Brief Interviews with Hideous Men|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||John Krasinski|
Kevin Patrick Connors
|Screenplay by||John Krasinski|
Brief Interviews with Hideous Men|
by David Foster Wallace
|Distributed by||IFC Films|
Sara Quinn (Julianne Nicholson) is interviewing men as part of her graduate studies. Her intellectual endeavor has emotional consequences as the men’s twisted and revealing stories are juxtaposed against the backdrop of her own experience. As she begins to listen closely to the men around her, Sara must ultimately reconcile herself to the darkness that lies below the surface of human interactions.
- Julianne Nicholson as Sara Quinn
- Josh Charles as Subject #2
- Christopher Meloni as R / Subject #3
- Will Arnett as Subject #11
- Ben Shenkman as Subject #14
- Michael Cerveris as Subject #15
- Chris Messina as Subject #19
- John Krasinski as Ryan / Subject #20
- Ben Gibbard as Harry / Subject #20
- Lou Taylor Pucci as Evan / Subject #28
- Max Minghella as Kevin / Subject #28
- Timothy Hutton as Prof. Adams / Subject #30
- Clarke Peters as Subject #31
- Bobby Cannavale as Subject #40
- Frankie Faison as Subject #42
- Dominic Cooper as Daniel / Subject #46
- Corey Stoll as Subject #51
- Joey Slotnick as Tad / Subject #59
- Will Forte as Subject #72
- Rashida Jones as Hannah
- "John Bailey, ASC: Exploring the aesthetics" (PDF). Motion.kodak.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 19, 2013. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- 2009 Sundance Film Festival Announces Films In Competition Archived 2009-03-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixter.
- "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men Reviews, Ratings, Credits and More at Metacritic". Metacritic. CBS Interactive.