Canada at the 1956 Summer Olympics
|Canada at the|
1956 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Canadian Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||92 (77 men and 15 women) in 14 sports|
|Flag bearer||Robert Steckle|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
- Archibald MacKinnon, Kenneth Loomer, Walter D'Hondt, and Donald Arnold in Rowing, Men's Coxless Four
- Gerald Ouellette in Shooting, Men's 50m Rifle Prone
- Philip Kueber, Richard McClure, Robert Wilson, David Helliwell, Wayne Pretty, Bill McKerlich, Douglas McDonald, Lawrence West, Carlton Ogawa — Rowing, Men's Eight with Coxswain
- Fred Markus — 17th place
- James Davies — 1:15.2 (→ 17th place)
- Patrick Murphy — 5:27:28 (→ 29th place)
- Fred Markus — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- James Davies — did not finish (→ no ranking)
Men's 10m Platform
- William Patrick
- Preliminary Round — 67.71 (→ did not advance, 15th place)
One fencer represented Canada in 1956.
- "Canada at the 1956 Melbourne Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 2020-04-17. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Canada Rowing at the 1956 Melbourne Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2018.