Canada at the 1936 Summer Olympics
|Canada at the|
1936 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Canadian Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||97 in 12 sports|
|Flag bearer||James Worrall|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
Canadian Olympic Committee member W. A. Fry self-published a book covering Canadian achievements at the 1936 Winter Olympics and 1936 Summer Olympics. His 1936 book, Canada at eleventh Olympiad 1936 in Germany : Garmisch-Partenkirchen, February 6th to 13th, Berlin, August 1st to 16th, was printed by the Dunnville Chronicle presses and subtitled an official report of the Canadian Olympic Committee. He wrote that Canadians did very well at the 1936 Olympic games despite having one-tenth of the population of other countries. He opined that the length of the Canadian winter negatively affected summer training, and that Canadian athletes were underfunded compared to other countries.
- Gordon Aitchison, Ian Allison, Arthur Chapman, Chuck Chapman, Edward Dawson, Irving Meretsky, Stanley Nantais, James Stewart, Malcolm Wiseman, Doug Peden — Basketball, Men's Team Competition
- John Loaring — Athletics, Men's 400m Hurdles
- Frank Saker and Harvey Charters — Canoeing, Men's C-2 10000m
- Dorothy Brookshaw, Mildred Dolson, Hilda Cameron, Aileen Meagher — Athletics, Women's 4 × 100 m Relay
- Elizabeth Taylor — Athletics, Women's 80m Hurdles
- Phil Edwards —Athletics, Men's 800 metres
- Frank Saker and Harvey Charters — Canoeing, Men's C-2 1000m
- Joseph Schleimer — Wrestling, Men's Freestyle Welterweight (66–72 kg)
Six cyclists, all male, represented Canada in 1936.
Eight fencers, five men and three women, represented Canada in 1936.
- "Canada at the 1936 Berlin Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 9 May 2010.
- Canada at eleventh Olympiad 1936 in Germany : Garmisch-Partenkirchen, February 6th to 13th, Berlin, August 1st to 16th : official report of the Canadian Olympic Committee, 1933-1936. OCLC 49104336.
- "Praises Showing of Canadians at Berlin Olympics". Lethbridge Herald. Lethbridge, Alberta. 23 September 1936. p. 10.
- "1936 Berlin Olympics Opening Ceremony". YouTube. International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Canada Rowing at the 1936 Berlin Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 3 May 2018.