Canada at the 1932 Summer Olympics
Canada competed at the 1932 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, United States. Despite the games being held during the Great Depression, Canada sent its second largest team to date. 102 competitors, 85 men and 17 women, took part in 69 events in 10 sports.
|Canada at the|
1932 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Canadian Olympic Committee|
|in Los Angeles|
|Competitors||102 in 10 sports|
|Flag bearer||George Maughan|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
Canadian Olympic Committee member W. A. Fry self-published a book covering Canadian achievements at the 1932 Winter Olympics and 1932 Summer Olympics. His 1933 book, Canada at the tenth Olympiad, 1932 : Lake Placid, New York, Feb. 4 to 13 - Los Angeles, California, July 30 to Aug. 14, was printed by the Dunnville Chronicle presses and dedicated to Canadian sportsperson Francis Nelson who died in 1932.
- Alex Wilson — Athletics, Men's 800 m
- Hilda Strike — Athletics, Women's 100 m
- Mildred Fizzell, Lillian Palmer, Mary Frizzel and Hilda Strike — Athletics, Women's 4 × 100 m Relay
- Ernest Cribb, Harry Jones, Peter Gordon, Hubert Wallace, Ronald Maitland, and George Gyles — Sailing, 8 m Class
- Daniel MacDonald — Wrestling, Men's Welterweight (66–72 kg)
- Phil Edwards — Athletics, Men's 800 m
- Phil Edwards — Athletics, Men's 1500 m
- Alex Wilson — Athletics, Men's 400 m
- Raymond Lewis, James Ball, Phil Edwards, and Alex Wilson — Athletics, Men's 4 × 400 m Relay
- Eva Dawes — Athletics, Women's High Jump
- Charles E. Pratt and Noel De Mille — Rowing, Men's Double Sculls
- Earl Eastwood, Joseph Harris, Stanley Stanyar, Harry Fry, Cedric Liddell, William Thoburn, Don Boal, Albert Taylor, and Les MacDonald — Rowing, Men's Eights with Coxswain
- Philip Rogers, Gerald Wilson, Gardner Boultbee, and Kenneth Glass — Sailing, 6 m Class
Seven cyclists, all men, represented Canada in 1932.
Five fencers, four men and a woman, represented Canada in 1932.
- "Canada at the 1932 Los Angeles Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Canada at the tenth Olympiad, 1932: Lake Placid, New York, Feb. 4 to 13 - Los Angeles, California, July 30 to Aug. 14. William A Fry, Francis Nelson, Canadian Olympic Committee". WorldCat. Retrieved October 21, 2019.