Arthur Nabarrete Zanetti (born April 16, 1990) is a Brazilian artistic gymnast. He won the gold medal in the rings exercise at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, becoming the first Brazilian and Latin American gymnast to win an Olympic medal in history. He also won the gold medal at the 2013 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Antwerp.
This section needs to be updated.(August 2019)
Zanetti is a rings exercise specialist. He occasionally competes in floor and vault exercises. He originated one skill, which is named after him in the Code of Points since 2013.
Zanetti competed in 2009 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in London. He qualified in 8th for Rings Final and placed 4th during Event Finals, scoring 15.325. This was his best result that year.
Zanetti won the gold medal on Rings at the 2011 Summer Universiade, in Shenzhen, China, with a score of 15.600. It was the first medal for a Brazilian male artistic gymnast in this competition.
In Tokyo, Japan, he won the silver medal on rings at the 2011 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships. His score was 15.600, finishing behind the champion, Chen Yibing. With this result, Zanetti qualified to compete at the 2012 Summer Olympics. He was also the first Brazilian to win a medal for the rings event in a World Gymnastics Championships.
At the 2011 Pan American Games, Zanetti won the silver medal on rings. He also won the team title, the first male team gold medal for Brazil at the Pan American Games.
At the 2012 Artistics Gymnastics Olympic Test Event, on January 12, 2012, Zanetti won the gold medal on rings. He achieved good results in Artistic Gymnastics World Cup challenges in this year. In Cottbus, Germany, on March 24, he won the silver medal, while Chen won the gold. On April 30, Zanetti won the gold medal at the Osijek Grand Prix 2012 in Osijek, Croatia. He slightly improved his series, with a 6.8 D-score.[clarification needed] In Maribor, Slovenia, on June 2, Zanetti finished first, scoring 15,575.
Zanetti competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. He qualified to the rings final in 4th place with a score of 15.616. On August 6, 2012, he won the gold medal in this event, with a score of 15.900. His gold medal was the first medal for a Brazilian gymnast, and also the first for a Latin American gymnast  in any event at the Olympic Games.
Zanetti participated in two events in the 2013 Artistic Gymnastics World Cup Series. He was the gold medallist in both competitions. In Doha, Qatar, on March 28, he got a score of 15.700  while in Anadia, Portugal, on June 22, his score was 15.800.
Zanetti defended his title in Rings at the 2013 Summer Universiade in Kazan and won the gold medal.
On October 5, Zanetti won the gold medal at the 2013 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, in Antwerp, Belgium, with a score of 15,800.
At the 2016 Summer Olympics, Zanetti won another medal on the rings, this time a silver. He was also part of the Brazilian men's team that finished 6th in the team competition.
He competed in the Tokyo Olympics, finishing 8th in the rings final.
- ^ Arthur Zanetti wins still rings gold Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- ^ McKayla Maroney wins worlds vault. Associated Press via espn.go.com (October 6, 2013)
- ^ Zanetti aumenta treinos em outros aparelhos para ajudar equipe olímpica Archived October 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine (in Portuguese) Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- ^ Sixteen new Men’s elements accepted for evaluation Archived October 14, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- ^ Minobe, Koczi Win Twice as University Games End Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- ^ Arthur Zanetti conquista medalha de ouro nas Argolas na Universiade (in Portuguese) Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- ^ 43rd Artistic Gymnastics World Championships Tokyo (JPN) 2011. Archived January 19, 2012, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- ^ Arthur Zanetti é prata nas argolas e faz história no Mundial de Ginástica (in Portuguese) Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- ^ Corral Captures Historic Pan Am Gold for Mexico Retrieved January 15, 2012
- ^ Brazilian Men Grab First Pan Am Gold Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- ^ London 2012 Olympics: Louis Smith and Daniel Purvis win individual gold at gymnastics test event – Telegraph. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- ^ Apparatus Final Men | Rings Archived July 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ^ Finals – results | Osijek Grand Prix 2012. osijekgym.com
- ^ Final results | Šalamunov Memorial 2012 World Cup Archived June 17, 2012, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ^ Men's Qualification – Olympic Gymnastics – Artistic | London 2012 Archived January 27, 2013, at archive.today Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- ^ Men's Rings – Final | London 2012 Archived December 6, 2012, at archive.today Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- ^ Brazil's gold medalist Zanetti loves the rings Archived August 8, 2012, at the Wayback Machine (in English) Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- ^ Zanetti exalta psicológico e diz que medalha é de todos os brasileiros (in Portuguese) Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- ^ Five Take Titles at Doha World Challenge Cup Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- ^ Brazil Best at Anadia World Challenge Cup Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- ^ Men's rings Results Archived October 6, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- ^ "Arthur Zanetti Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on April 17, 2020. Retrieved August 10, 2019.