This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2008)
This section needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 4285 (August 6): Venus occults Regulus.
- 4296 (November 22): Venus occults Antares.
- 4385: Comet Hale–Bopp is expected to return to the inner Solar System. It last dominated the skies of Earth in 1996–1997.
- 4557 (November 10): Venus occults Regulus.
- 4747 (August 14): Venus occults Regulus.
- 48th century: The Great Comet of 1811 is expected to return to the inner Solar System. Computing the orbital period after the comet has moved outside the planetary region of the Solar System, the comet should return around the year 4785.
This section contains a list of miscellaneous information. (April 2017)
This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- The Gold Key comic book character Magnus, Robot Fighter lives around year 4000.
- A majority of the events of David Weber's Honor Harrington novels and short stories take place during the first quarter of the 41st century.
- The PlayStation game series Colony Wars is set during the 5th millennium.
- In Dragon Flyz, 41st century is an era of disappearance in Earth's mankind caused by a series of nuclear attacks led to extinction of living organisms and leaving the surface uninhabitable.
- In the film A.I. Artificial Intelligence, which begins in the 22nd century, a sequence said to take place 2,000 years later, features the extinction of mankind after the ocean freezes over, but the descendants of mankind's early intelligent robots, the Mechas, return to Earth and are seen excavating parts of frozen-over NYC to discover their origins and discover an ancient android, a boy named David.
- The novel series Fifth Millennium by Stirling, Wehrstein and Meier is set in this time, chronicling the lives and travels of several connected characters in a 'low magic' fantasy world that emerged after a nuclear war destroyed almost all former civilization on Earth.
- The Marvel Comics super-villain Kang the Conqueror rules the Earth in the 41st century according to the comics, claiming Earth was at war with weapons engineered centuries earlier when he landed in a thousand years earlier than his destination by mistake.
- 4010: In an episode of Justice League Unlimited, "This Little Piggy", Batman and Zatanna request an audience with Medusa in her prison in the Underworld, for information on the whereabouts of Circe, who has transformed Wonder Woman into a pig. Because of her help, Themis informs her she has earned 400 years off her sentence. Medusa's response is to sarcastically twirl her finger in the air while saying "Freedom in 4010, ring-a-ding-ding...".
- A scene in "SB-129" from the animated television series, SpongeBob SquarePants, takes place on March 6, 4017.
- Wayward Pines is revealed to be taking place in 4028 (Season 1) 4032 (Season 2).
- The events of David Macaulay's Motel of the Mysteries take place in 4022.
- Iain M Banks' novel The Algebraist is set in 4034.
- The Blasterman universe mainly takes place in the early 4060s.
- The events of the Doctor Who episode "42" take place in the 42nd century.
- The anime Turn A Gundam takes place 2000 years after the start of the Universal Century. CC 2345, or 4390 AD.
- The events of the Doctor Who episode "Planet of the Ood" take place in the 42nd century, in the year 4126. The Ood cease to be slaves to humans at this point in time, after the Doctor disconnects a force-field around the Ood-mind. Humanity spreads across three galaxies during the Second Great and Bountiful Human Empire.
- The Battle of Zaruthstra was depicted as taking place in 4037 in the 2011 Doctor Who episode "A Good Man Goes to War".
- In the Big Finish Productions Doctor Who spin-off miniseries Dalek Empire, the Daleks launch a full-scale invasion of the Milky Way in the year 4162.
- 4198: In NieR universe, the last Gestalt humans die this year, thus making humanity extinct.[unreliable source?]
- 4338: The Year 4338: Petersburg Letters, an 1835 novel by Vladimir Odoevsky, is set in this year.
- 4444: Events of Neo Contra.
- 4600s: In Doctor Who the Aplan species becomes extinct on Alfava Metraxis, due to an influx of Weeping Angels (The Time of Angels).
- 4620: The video game Starflight is set in this year.
- 4665: Events of The Caves of Steel.
- 4667: Events of The Naked Sun.
- 4670: Events of The Robots of Dawn.
- In 4846 (or, more accurately, the 12th day of Kalends, CY 9772), the Andromeda Ascendant will be commissioned by the Systems Commonwealth High Guard (for the television series Andromeda).
- 4870: Events of Robots and Empire.
- 4908: A New Caledonian expedition discovers the ruins of the lost city of Paris in Les Ruines de Paris en 4908 (1875) by Alfred Franklin (ISBN 978-2916-1413-50).
- The Japanese anime Battle Athletes takes place in 4999 at an athletic training school in Antarctica, which is located on the equator after a great catastrophe in 2015.
- In several stories written by H. P. Lovecraft, the beginning of "the cruel Tsan-Chan Empire" will take place in the year 5000.
- In the TV show Regular Show episode called "The Night Owl", Mordecai, Rigby, Mitch "Muscle Man" Sorenstein, and High Five Ghost entered a contest and when they nearly won, the host who made this contest froze them until the year 4224.
- In the TV show The Simpsons episode "Bart of Darkness" they show an Itchy and Scratchy show called "planet of the Aches". This scene took place 3000 years later when it aired in 1994. And the setting is probably 4994.