2024 Summer Olympics marketing
The emblem for the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics was unveiled on 21 October 2019 at the Grand Rex. Inspired by Art Deco, it is a representation of Marianne, the national personification of France, with a flame formed in negative space by its hair. The emblem also resembles a gold medal. Tony Estanguet explained that the emblem symbolised "the power and the magic of the Games", and the Games being "for people". The use of a female figure also serves as an homage to the 1900 Summer Olympics in Paris, which were the first to allow women to participate.
The emblem for Paris 2024 was considering as the biggest new logo release of 2019 by many design magazines. An Opinion Way survey shows that 83 per cent of French people say they like the new Paris 2024 Games emblem. Approval ratings were high, with 82 per cent finding it aesthetically appealing and 78 per cent creative.
This part: It was, however, met with some mockery on social media, with some commenting that the logo "would be better suited to a dating site or a hair salon"'s use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
For the first time, the 2024 Summer Paralympics will share the same logo as their corresponding Olympics with no difference, reflecting a shared "ambition" between both events. The emblem was designed by the French agencies Ecobranding & Royalties.
Mascots (TBA in 2022)Edit
|Sponsors of the 2024 Summer Olympics|
|Worldwide Olympic Partners|
- "Trends of 2019: Branding". Creative Review. 2019-12-04.
- "Is it an Olympic logo? Or a coquettish scamp?". Los Angeles Times. 2019-10-24. Retrieved 2019-10-25.
- "Paris 2024 Olympic logo sparks Tinder jokes". BBC News. 2019-10-22. Retrieved 2019-10-25.
- "Trends of 2019: Branding and logos". Creative Review. 2019-12-03.
- "The 10 biggest rebrands and logo designs of 2019". Design Week. 2019-12-06.
- "83% OF FRENCH PEOPLE APPROVE OF NEW PARIS 2024 GAMES EMBLEM". Paris 2024. 2019-10-24.
- "Olympic flame or dating ad? Paris 2024 logo divides opinion". BBC. 22 October 2019. Retrieved 26 March 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Paris 2024 unveil new shared Olympic and Paralympic Games emblem". insidethegames.biz. 21 October 2019. Retrieved 2019-10-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "How Paris 2024 unveiled its new logo?". en24.news. 21 October 2019. Retrieved 2019-10-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Paris 2024 : le logo des Jeux olympiques dévoilé". lemonde.fr. 21 October 2019. Retrieved 2019-10-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Trends of 2019: Branding and logos". Creative Review.