2020 Winter Youth Olympics
The 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games (French: Les IIIe Jeux olympiques de la jeunesse d'hiver; German: Olympische Jugend-Winterspiele 2020; Italian: III Giochi olimpici giovanili invernali; Romansh: Gieus olimpics da giuvenils d'enviern 2020), officially known as the III Winter Youth Olympic Games, and commonly known as Lausanne 2020 will be the third edition of the Winter Youth Olympics; a major international multi-sport event and cultural festival for teenagers to be held in Lausanne, Switzerland, the home of the International Olympic Committee between 9 and 22 January 2020.
|Host city||Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Stadium||Stade Pierre de Coubertin|
|2020 Winter Youth Olympics bidding results|
The Youth Olympic Games will feature 8 sports and 16 disciplines. Ski mountaineering and women's Nordic combined will feature for the first time in an Olympic event. A mixed-NOC 3-on-3 ice hockey tournament and a women's doubles event in luge will also be contested for the first time.
- Alpine skiing (9) ( )
- Biathlon ( )
- Bobsleigh (2) ( )
- Cross-country skiing (7) ( )
- Curling ( )
- Figure skating (5) ( )
- Freestyle skiing (8) ( )
- Ice hockey ( )
- Luge ( )
- Nordic combined (2) ( )
- Short track speed skating (5) ( )
- Skeleton (2) ( )
- Ski jumping (4) ( )
- Ski mountaineering (5) ( )
- Snowboarding (9) ( )
- Speed skating (7) ( )
- Stade Pierre de Coubertin – Opening and closing ceremonies
- Centre intercommunal de glace de Malley – Ice hockey, Figure skating, Short Track
- Lausanne campus – Olympic village
- Le Flon – Medal ceremonies
Yodli the official mascot was unveiled on 8 January 2019 at CIG de Malley before match between Lausanne HC and HC Davos. Yodil is inspired by a combination of a cow, a Saint Bernard dog, and a goat, and was created by ERACOM.
It was announced that all events apart from the opening ceremony would be free to watch in January 2020.
- IOC opens bids for 2022 Olympic Winter Games, YOG 2020 International Olympic Committee – 06/06/2013
- "2020 candidature acceptance procedure" (PDF). – International Olympic Committee
- "IOC Executive Board confirms gender equality and more innovation for Winter Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020". International Olympic Committee. 9 July 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Morgan, Liam (8 January 2019). "Yodli unveiled as mascot for Lausanne 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games". inside the games.
- Morgan, Liam (9 January 2020). "Lausanne 2020 to offer free access to sports events at Winter Youth Olympic Games". inside the games.