CIG de Malley
Centre intercommunal de glace de Malley (abbreviation CIG de Malley or CIGM) was an indoor arena located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It was primarily used for ice hockey, and was the home arena of the HC Lausanne from 1984 to 2017. It was demolished in April 2017 to be replaced by the Vaudoise Aréna which opened in September 2019. A temporary ice rink, Malley 2.0, was opened during the interim and is one of the venues for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics.
CIG, Patinoire de Malley
|Location||Chemin du Viaduc 14 1008 Prilly|
|Capacity||Ice hockey: 7,600|
|HC Lausanne (1984–2017)|
Davis Cup (Switzerland-Belgium) (2008)
The arena hosted the European champions cup final on April 2, 1987, in which Tracer Milano prevailed over Maccabi Tel Aviv 71-69 in front of 10,500 spectators. Other important basketball matches hosted at the Malley include the 1994 and 2000 Saporta Cup finals.
The CIGM hosted the 1997 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships as well as the 1990 and 2008 European Men's Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
Following the announcement that a new ice rink was to be built, the main venue was demolished. Until the opening of the new ice stadium, the hockey club held its training sessions and home games in the 2017–18 and 2018–19 seasons at the temporary 6,700-capacity ice rink called "Malley 2.0", which was built in seven months. The construction is 96 meters long, 66 meters wide, 17 meters high and cost CHF 10.6 million. Constructed by the Nussli Group, it is the largest temporary ice hockey arena in the world.
During the 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games, the figure skating and short track speed skating competitions take place in the arena (credited as Lausanne Skating Arena). After the games, the temporary arena will continue to host hockey matches until April 2020 before being demolished and sold.
- "Patinoire de Malley details - Eurohockey.com". www.eurohockey.com.
- "The hockeyarena of Lausanne, Switzerland". www.hockeyarenas.com.
- Olimpia 1966-96... Ovvero la Milano che era sempre in finale raccontata ai vente Archived 29 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Champions Cup 1986-87". www.linguasport.com.
- "European Cup 1993-94". www.linguasport.com.
- "Saporta Cup 1999-2000". www.linguasport.com.
- "GP OF SKATEBOARDING 2002 LAUSANNE" – via www.youtube.com.
- Muschg, Philipp (9 June 2017). "Grosse Träume, zerbrochene Beziehungen" – via www.tagesanzeiger.ch.
- "NUSSLI builds World's largest temporary ice hockey arena" (in German). nussli.com. 19 September 2017. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Baudraz, Robin. "La patinoire de " Malley 2.0 " intéresse la station de Villars".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patinoire de Malley.|