Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 4
- 1780 – In the Spanish Viceroyalty of Peru, Túpac Amaru II led a rebellion of Aymara, Quechua, and mestizo peasants in protest against the Bourbon Reforms.
- 1791 – Northwest Indian War: In the most severe defeat ever suffered by U.S. forces at the hands of Native Americans, the Western Confederacy won a major victory at the Battle of the Wabash near present-day Fort Recovery in Ohio.
- 1912 – The keel of USS Nevada was laid down, beginning construction on the first "super-dreadnought" of the United States Navy.
- 1964 – Ayatollah Khomeini was arrested by SAVAK and secretly exiled to Turkey.
- 1995 – Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin (pictured) was assassinated by ultranationalist Yigal Amir while at a peace rally at Kings of Israel Square in Tel Aviv.