|Welcome to RL0919's talk page. I will generally respond here to comments that are posted here, rather than replying via your talk page (or the article's talk page, if you are writing to me here about an article), so you may want to watch this page until you are responded to, or let me know where specifically you'd prefer the reply.|
News and updates for administrators from the past month (April 2021).
Rudolph van RichtenEdit
Hello! You closed Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Rudolph van Richten (2nd nomination) in 2019 as redirect. At the time, no independent reliable sources were found for the character, but recently multiple sources have been written for him online as he is the subject of brand-new release Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft, particularly this one and somewhat in this and this, and also in this one older review that was not found during the AFD. Since the book was just released today there may be additional reviews and sources appearing in the near future, but if you don't mind taking a look at the sources we have so far, could you please let me know how close you think this is to meeting the WP:GNG to allow the article to be restored and expanded? Thanks! BOZ (talk) 17:45, 18 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, BOZ. I can understand your optimism with the character being mentioned in the title of a new book, but what you have so far looks pretty thin. Most of these sources have relatively little in them about this particular character. (The first link goes to a piece about the new Game of Thrones prequel – maybe a mistake in copying the URL?) The notability standard requires sources with "significant" coverage. That's subject to judgment, but since this has been redirected in two previous AFDs, it's likely that folks looking at third would be more skeptical rather than generous about what counts as significant coverage. If the book was just released today, then definitely watch out for more coverage as there are many outlets that might not have pre-release access to prepare an early or same-day review. --RL0919 (talk) 18:34, 18 May 2021 (UTC)
Hello! You deleted NumXL page back in Dec 2019. I am not objecting or debating your decision, rather, I would like to restart a new page for NumXL, and comply with all guidelines of Wikipedia. Is there anything I need to do now, other than starting the page, to avoid deletion? Please advise.Melbawab (talk) 18:24, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
- @Melbawab: My advice here what you already mentioned: comply with the guidelines, most especially WP:GNG and WP:RS. If you are unsure about whether you have enough sources to demonstrate notability, you might want to create the article as a draft first so that it can be reviewed before being exposed to the scrutiny of a regular article. As long as it is a new article and better-sourced than what was deleted, there is nothing that precludes giving it another try, so happy writing! --RL0919 (talk) 20:08, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (May 2021).
- Ashleyyoursmile • Less Unless
- Husond • MattWade • MJCdetroit • Carioca • Vague Rant • Kingboyk • Thunderboltz • Gwen Gale • AniMate • SlimVirgin (deceased)
- Wikimedia previously used the IRC network Freenode. However, due to changes over who controlled the network with reports of a forceful takeover by several ex-staff members, the Wikimedia IRC Group Contacts decided to move to the new Libera Chat network. It has been reported that Wikimedia related channels on Freenode have been forcibly taken over if they pointed members to Libera. There is a migration guide and Wikimedia discussions about this.
- After a Clarification request, the Arbitration Committee modified Remedy 5 of the Antisemitism in Poland case. This means sourcing expectations are a discretionary sanction instead of being present on all articles. It also details using the talk page or the Reliable Sources Noticeboard to discuss disputed sources.
Hi there! I have recently made a request for an assessment of the article Puppetry of the Penis on WikiProject Theatre. I have been editing this article for over a month, adding almost 3000 words, new sections, an infobox, media and more references for verifiability. I noticed you were a very active (and helpful) editor of WikiProject Theatre, and was wondering if you had the time if you could have a look at the article and provide me any feedback. Any general feedback would be much appreciated and possibly an assessment of the article for importance and quality. Thank you very much. Rubyredgirl (talk) 09:39, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
- @Rubyredgirl: I took a look and did a few format/copy edit changes, but it seemed like others had already jumped in for more substantial feedback. Best of luck with continued improvements. --RL0919 (talk) 17:04, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
- @RL0919: Hello! Thank you so much for your assistance in formatting and editing the article, as a new Wikipedia editor I am very grateful for your expertise. I definitely would not have picked up on those details that you did, and they are very important for improving the standard of the article. Thank you for taking the time to have a look and for your support, I really appreciate it! Rubyredgirl (talk) 02:44, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:IBM and the Holocaust (cover).jpgEdit
Thanks for uploading File:IBM and the Holocaust (cover).jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:21, 17 June 2021 (UTC)