|This is a Wikipedia user discussion page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Donald_Albury.
|To leave a message on this page, click here.
If you email me, be aware that even if I am actively editing, I cannot always access my email and it may be a day or two before you receive a reply.
*Post new messages to the bottom of my talk page.
Comments which fail to follow the rules above may be immediately deleted.
|--> Archive 10 -||Archives|
|Licensing rights granted to Wikimedia Foundation|
|I grant non-exclusive permission for the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. to relicense my text and media contributions, including any images, audio clips, or video clips, under any copyleft license that it chooses, provided it maintains the free and open spirit of the GFDL. This permission acknowledges that future licensing needs of the Wikimedia projects may need adapting in unforeseen fashions to facilitate other uses, formats, and locations. It is given for as long as this banner remains.|
Hilton Daytona - External LinkEdit
HI i have added things to do page to Hilton daytona beach , I think that was useful for people searching for things to do near the beach. And i found the link useful https://www.daytonahilton.com/things-to-do
- Because Wikipedia is not a guide book and articles aren't meant to be travel tip sites. Articles are about the subject, not what is near the subject that tourists might find fun to go do. What you added violates our policy on WP:SPAM.Heiro 18:04, 14 April 2021 (UTC)\
Exact ramifications of 3RREdit
Hi Donald, I'd just like to know what exactly are the criteria for what constitutes the 3RR. I believe I have someone who may have broken the rule, but I am unsure if it infringes upon the rule. Thanks Ddum5347 (talk) 22:01, 18 April 2021 (UTC)
- @Ddum5347: The 3RR rule is stated at Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule. If you observe edit-warring, and warning notices to the participants have not stopped the edit warring, you can report it at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Edit warring. - Donald Albury 00:18, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
The Signpost: 25 April 2021Edit
- From the editor: A change is gonna come
- Disinformation report: The Trump Organization's paid editors
- In the media: Fernando, governance, and rugby
- Opinion: The (Universal) Code of Conduct
- Op-Ed: A Little Fun Goes A Long Way
- Changing the world: The reach of protest images on Wikipedia
- Recent research: Quality of aquatic and anatomical articles
- Traffic report: The verdict is guilty, guilty, guilty
- News from Wiki Education: Encouraging professional physicists to engage in outreach on Wikipedia
Hello. I know that the word "moors" is equivalent to Arab but the word "moor" was an insult and must be corrected as will it was called to flipino , sri lankas , indian and many of diffrent people the article should be more clear and wrote "arabs". The word "Nasrid" is the name of the kingdom, or at least "Emirate of Granada" should be written instead of the word small moor state Samlaxcs (talk) 21:17, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (April 2021).
After their latest shenanigan's, I took it to ANI. You are sort of mentioned, so weigh in if you wish There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you. Heiro 06:46, 8 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Heironymous Rowe: Well, that went fast. Thank you for doing that. I see that Epictrex has "retired". We shall see. - Donald Albury 12:45, 8 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah, went faster than I thought it would. Blanking the ANI twice didn't help them any. And re: retirement, in the short time they have been here they have retired several times. I'm more worried about the multiple IPs they have been using, I get the feeling we'll be playing whack-a-mole for awhile. If you look at the IPs here from May 5-May 8, those are all Epictrex. And most of those IPs were used to edit other pages, along with their named account. All of their IPs geolocate to Sparks, Nevada. They have been using IPs and their named account to edit a whole host of articles for at least a week, apparently. I'm not sure if it was nefarious, to avoid detection since so many editors were starting to scrutinize their edits, or they just didn't bother to log in 3/4ths of the time. Heiro 15:43, 8 May 2021 (UTC)