University Alliance of the Silk Road
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The University Alliance of the Silk Road (Chinese: 丝绸之路大学联盟, also translated as the Universities Alliance of the Silk Road and abbreviated UASR) is a university alliance formed by Xi'an Jiaotong University, for the purpose of developing People's Republic of China's One Belt, One Road foreign policy initiative. The UASR is a non-profit NGO whose objective is to build educational collaboration and promote economic growth in countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt.
The UASR was founded on May 22, 2015, with approximately 100 universities from 22 countries. With the addition of Washington University in St. Louis in April 2016, the UASR has expanded to 132 universities across 32 countries and regions on 5 continents. The UASR is a non-profit aims to foster openness and tolerance, and promote training and cooperative education and international higher learning platform through the XJTU’s international network with partner universities.
The UASR aims to support training, research, policy, cross-cultural understanding, and medical service. The UASR includes a significant international alliance of law schools, which Xi'an Jiaotong president Shuguo Wang notes aims ``to promote the exchanges of law among the alliance member countries and focus on legal consensus, in order to serve the Belt and Road development with legal spirit and legal culture." In addition, the UASR sponsors major international cultural events including the UASR Educational Exhibition and Cultural Festival.
Member universities include the following:
Banha University, Egypt
Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR of China
City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR of China
University of Macau, Macau SAR of China
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Kazakhstan
Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications, Kazakhstan
International University of Central Asia, Kazakhstan
Ishenaly Arabaev Kyrgyz State University, Kyrgyzstan
Waikato Institute of Technology, New Zealand
Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
Hanyang University, South Korea
Chiang Mai University, Thailand
Hacettepe University, Turkey
Charles Darwin University, Australia
The University of Newcastle, Australia.
Vistula University, Poland
Moscow Aviation Institute, Russia
SKEMA Business School, France
University of Torino, Italy
University of Pavia, Italy
The UASR is headquartered in the Western China Science and Technology Innovation Harbor, with space designed to promote collaborations with partner universities in university-level exchanges, talent education, and scientific research, and of building international think-tanks.
- Ma, Lie (11 April 2016). "University alliance seeks enhanced education co-op along Silk Road". China Daily. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "西安交通大学发起成立"新丝绸之路大学联盟"". 22 May 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Yojana, Sharma (12 June 2015). "University collaboration takes the Silk Road route". University World News. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "XJTU Initiated the University Alliance of the New Silk Road (UANSR)". 22 May 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Martin, Jessica (12 April 2016). "Washington University first North American member of the University Alliance of the Silk Road". Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "联盟简介". 9 April 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Ma, Lie (12 November 2015). "Chinese and foreign law schools launch New Silk Road alliance". China Daily. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Chinese and foreign law schools launch New Silk Road alliance". 13 January 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Inside View: Xi'an Jiaotong University" (PDF). 31 March 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Wen, Zhang (16 June 2015). "HIT joined "Universities Alliance of the New Silk Road—UANSR"". Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Belt and Road (Greater China) @ CUHK". Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Hao, Nan; Lu, Hongyan (29 May 2015). "Xi'an Special: Alliance unites higher education along Silk Road route". Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Stifter, Edith (1 June 2015). "University Alliance of the New Silk Road in Xi'an gegründet". Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Ma, Lie (5 April 2016). "University alliance garnering intl attention". Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Holloway, Stephen (3 June 2015). "World View: China’s Silk Road initiative". Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "University alliance garnering intl attention". 20 April 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "美国圣路易斯华盛顿大学主页报道推进与西安交大实质性合作". 15 April 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2016.