Tirupattur is a new district of Tamil Nadu, India, separated from Vellore district. The Government of Tamil Nadu has announced its creation on August 15, 2019, together with Ranipet district. The town of Tirupattur serves as the district headquarter. The district shares borders with districts of Vellore in the east, Krishnagiri in the west , Tiruvannamalai in the south and Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh in the north.
|Coordinates: 12.4950° N, 78.5678° E|
|Established||28 November 2019|
|Founded by||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|• Type||District Administration|
|• Body||Tirupattur District Collectorate|
|• District Collector||Mr.Sivan Arul, IAS|
|• Superintendent of Police||Dr.P. VijayaKumar, IPS|
|• Total||1,797.92 km2 (694.18 sq mi)|
|• Density||620/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
- உதயமானது திருப்பத்தூர் : முதல்வர் பழனிசாமி பேச்சு (in Tamil). News7 Tamil. 27 November 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Reporter, Staff (2019-11-28). "Chief Minister inaugurates Tirupattur as 35th district of Tamil Nadu". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- Aug 15, Shanmughasundaram J. | TNN | Updated:; 2019; Ist, 9:36. "Vellore district to be trifurcated; Nov 1 to be Tamil Nadu Day | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-08-15.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "TN's Vellore district to be split into 3, Tirupathur and Ranipet to become new districts". The News Minute. 2019-08-15. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- ChennaiAugust 15, Press Trust of India; August 15, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 12:48. "Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami announces trifurcation of Vellore district". India Today. Retrieved 2019-08-15.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Announces Trifurcation Of Vellore District". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- Jesudasan, Dennis S. (2019-08-15). "Vellore district to be trifurcated, says Edappadi Palaniswami". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
|This Tamil Nadu location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|