Refer Tiruchirappalli – I Assembly constituency for previous elections held in this constituency.
|Constituency for the State Assembly|
|Member of Legislative Assembly|
|Current MLA||K. N. Nehru|
Tiruchirappalli (West) is a state legislative assembly in Tamil Nadu that was previously called Tiruchirappalli – I Assembly constituency before the constituency delimitations in the year 2008. Its State Assembly Constituency number is 140. Tiruchirappalli West will be one of 17 assembly constituencies to have VVPAT facility with EVMs in 2016 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election. It comes under Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha constituency for Parliament elections. It includes Ward Nos. 39- 60 of Tiruchirappalli City Municipal Corporation .
It is one of the 234 State Legislative Assembly Constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
Members of Legislative AssemblyEdit
|2011||M. Mariam Pichai||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|2011 (Bye Election)||M. Paranjothi||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|2016||K. N. Nehru||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|2021||K. N. Nehru||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|DMK||K. N. Nehru||118,133||64.52||13.22|
|DMK||K. N. Nehru||92,049||51.30||8.65|
|NOTA||None of the above||4,100||2.29||2.29|
|Margin of victory||28,415||15.83||4.31|
|DMK gain from AIADMK||Swing||2.87|
|DMK||K. N. Nehru||54,345||42.65||2.91|
|IJK||M. M. Sadiq||906||0.41||0.55|
|Margin of victory||14,684||11.52||6.87|
|AIADMK||M. Mariam Pichai||77,492||50.21||+50.21|
|DMK||K. N. Nehru||70,313||45.56||+45.56|
|Margin of victory||7,179||4.65||----|
|AIADMK win (new seat)|
- "Form 21E (Return of Election)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 December 2021. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "New Constituencies, Post-Delimitation 2008" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 May 2012.
- "EC to tighten grip on cash for votes". The Hindu. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "A system for voter to know to whom he has voted". The Hindu. 6 March 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "For the first time in Tamil Nadu, EVMs with paper trail will be used". The Times of India. 6 March 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2017.