- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: page moved. There is consensus that the vinyl group is not the primary topic, and no consensus as to if there is a primary topic. The consensus exists to move the disambiguation page to the title vinyl. (non-admin closure) TonyBallioni (talk) 22:44, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
Vinyl (disambiguation) → Vinyl – I think this page should be moved to the page Vinyl because the pages that link to vinyl, very often don't mean to link to the vinyl functional group. Also because it would bring people searching for the word "vinyl" to a page that shows the different things vinyl can refer to. OrganoMetallurgy (talk) 19:31, 19 June 2017 (UTC) edited by OrganoMetallurgy (talk) 22:27, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Polyvinyl chloride and gramophone record appear to be the candidates for primary topic, if there is one. Once the move request is concluded I can run through the links and pipe them to the right place. —Guanaco 21:40, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support A substantial number of incoming links intend gramophone record. While the various vinyl topics are named for the chemical vinyl group, it's not clear that vinyl group is the primary topic. Move the disambiguation page to the base title so links get pointed to the appropriate page. Plantdrew (talk) 17:00, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose. I'd prefer to see gramophones and PVC added to the hatnote at vinyl group than to see this move. The current setup is more informative: it let's the reader know just what vinyl is. Srnec (talk) 00:00, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- The two IPs obviously do not represent independent opinions. Srnec (talk) 00:51, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- I promise you the second IP is not under my IP range. We make completely different contributions and the second IP didn't even give a reason to support. 2601:8C:4001:DCB9:8BB:55F:E0BA:1473 (talk) 12:59, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support. The vinyl group is not the primary topic; If there is one it's probably the PVC fabric used in upholstery etc, but most likely there isn't one at all, and the DAB should be at the base name. Andrewa (talk) 01:10, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.