Muhammad Miyan Deobandi
Muhammad Miyan Deobandi (1903-1975) (Urdu: مولانا سید محمد میاں دیوبندی) was an Indian Sunni Islamic scholar and Indian freedom struggle activist. He was a disciple of Hussain Ahmad Madani.He penned dozens of historical books in Urdu.
Mu’arrikh-e-Millat, Sayyid-ul-Millat, Maulana
Muhammad Miyan Deobandi
4 October 1903
|Died||22 October 1975 (aged 72)|
|Main interest(s)||History, Urdu literature, Hadith, Politics|
|Notable work(s)||Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind Kya Hai?, Ulama-e-Hind Ka Shaandar Maazi, Ulama-e-Haqq Aur Unke Mujahidana Karname, Aseeraan-e-Malta|
|Alma mater||Darul Uloom Deoband|
|Disciple of||Hussain Ahmad Madani|
Birth and educationEdit
Muhammad Miyan Deobandi belonged to a Rizwi Syed family of Deoband. He was born on 4 October 1903 in Bulandshahar. He began his studies at home and read Qur'an from a tutor of Muzaffarnagar. He joined the Persian class of the Darul Uloom Deoband in 1912/1913 (1331 AH) and graduated from the Darul Uloom in 1925 (1343 AH). His teachers include Anwar Shah Kashmiri and Izaz Ali Amrohi.
Muhammad Miyan started his teaching career from Arrah, Shahabad, Bihar, thereafter, he served as a teacher and mufti for a long time at Jamia Qasmia Madrasa Shahi in Moradabad. He was appointed as the organizer of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind and also served as its chief organizer for one year. In the last phase his life he served as Shaykh al-Hadith in Madrasa Aminia, Delhi and as secretary of the Idara Mabahith-e-Fiqhiyyah. He was a member of the majlis-e-shura of the Darul Uloom Deoband in 1950.
Death and legacyEdit
Muhammad Miyan Deobandi’s works include:
- Ahd-e-Zarrin awr Misali Hukumatein 
- Mishkat al-Athaar 
- Imam Shah Abdul Aziz Afkaar-o-Khidmaat
- Panipat aur Buzurgan-e-Panipat
- Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind Kya Hai?
- Tehreek Reshmi Rumaal (Translated to English as Silk Letter Movement) by Muhammadullah Qasmi).
- Ulama-e-Hind Ka Shandaar Maazi (2 volumes) 
- Ulama-e-Haqq Aur Unke Mujahidana Karname (2 volumes) 
- Waliullahi Tehreek 
- Amini, Nur Alam Khalil. Pase Marge Zindah (in Urdu). Deoband: Idara Ilm-o-Adab. p. 106.
- "Musannifeen wa Muwarrikheen". dud.edu.in.
- Syed Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. "Musannif ka Ta'aruf". Tarikh-e-Islam (PDF) (in Urdu). Maktaba Ludhyanwi, Binori Town, Karachi. pp. 3–4. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- Syed Mehboob Rizwi. History of The Dar al-Ulum Deoband (Volume 2). Translated by Prof. Murtaz Husain F. Quraishi (1981 ed.). Idara-e-Ehtemam, Dar al-Ulum Deoband. pp. 109–10.
- "مؤرخ ملت مولانا محمد میاں". lubpak.org.pk. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Hassan, Mohd Amirul (2010). Contribution Of Qazi Athar Mubarakpuri to Arabic Studies: A Critical Study. (PhD thesis). Aligarh Muslim University. p. 15. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- Nizamuddin Asir Adrawi. Dastan Na'tamam (November, 2009 ed.). Kutub Khana Husainia, Deoband. pp. 72–73.
- Syed Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. Ahd-e-Zarrin awr Misali Hukumatein (in Urdu). Kitabistan, Qasim Jan Street, Delhi.
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. Aseeran-e-Malta (in Urdu) (January 2002 ed.). Naimia Book Depot, Deoband.
- Imam Shah Abdul Aziz Afkaar-o-Khidmaat (PDF). Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. SILK LETTER MOVEMENT. Translated by Muhammadullah Qasmi (First Edition, 2013 ed.). Shaikhul Hind Academy, Deoband and MANAK Publications, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi. ISBN 978-93-7831-322-6.
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. Ulama-e-Hind Ka Shandaar Maazi (2016 ed.). Naimia Islamic Book Store, Deoband.
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Miyan Deobandi. Ulama-e-Haqq Ke Mujahidana Karname. Faisal International, New Delhi.
- Waliullahi Tehreek (PDF). Retrieved 19 July 2019.