This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017)
|• Body||Nagar Palika parishad Deoband|
|Elevation||256 m (840 ft)|
|• Additional official||Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Deoband is listed in the Ain-i-Akbari as a pargana under Saharanpur sarkar, producing a revenue of 6,477,977 dams for the imperial treasury and supplying a force of 300 infantry and 60 cavalry. It had a brick fort at the time.
Deoband is located at  It has an average elevation of 256 metres (840 ft)..
Deoband has a population of 97,037 of which 53,538 are males while 43,499 are females as per the report released by Census India 2011. The population of children aged 0–6 is 12,200 which is 12.57% of the total population. The sex ratio is 812 females per 1000 males against the state average of 912. The child sex ratio in Deoband is around 917 compared to the Uttar Pradesh state average of 902. The literacy rate is 75.23%, higher than the state average of 67.68% with male literacy of 79.59% and the female literacy rate is 69.77%. Out of the total population, 24,559 were engaged in work or business activity. Of this, 22,551 were males while 2,008 were females and 89.91% were engaged in main work.
Deoband Nagar Palika Parishad has a total administration over 15,630 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewage. It is also authorized to build roads within Nagar Palika Parishad limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
- "52nd Report of the Commissioner for Linguistic Minorities in India" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Deoband witness of childhood days of Sri Harivansh Mahaprabhu". www.radhavallabh.com. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- Abu'l-Fazl ibn Mubarak; Jarrett, Henry Sullivan (translator) (1891). The Ain-i-Akbari. Calcutta: Asiatic Society of Bengal. p. 292. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Introduction". www.darululoom-deoband.com.
- "Deoband Shareef". Falling Rain Genomics, Inc.
- "Deoband Shareef demographics". Census India.