Romeo Akbar Walter
Romeo Akbar Walter is a 2019 Indian espionage action thriller film written and directed by Robbie Grewal. It stars John Abraham, Mouni Roy, Jackie Shroff and Sikandar Kher in the lead roles. Initially, Sushant Singh Rajput was to star in the film as the protagonist but opted out of it due to his prior commitments. The film released on 5 April 2019. It has received mixed reviews with average ratings.
|Romeo Akbar Walter|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Robbie Grewal|
|Cinematography||Tapan Tushar Basu|
|Edited by||Nilesh Girdhar|
|Distributed by||Panorama Studios|
Viacom18 Motion Pictures
|Box office||est. ₹44.53 crore|
- John Abraham as Romeo Ali/Akbar Malik/Walter Khan (RAW) Agent
- Mouni Roy as Parul/Shraddha Sharma
- Jackie Shroff as Shrikant Rai
- Sikandar Kher as Colonel Khan
- Suchitra Krishnamoorthi as Rehana Kazmi
- Raghubir Yadav as Mudassar
- Anil George as Isaq Afridi
- Rajesh Shringarpure as Awasthi
- Parnendu Bhattacharya as General Zorawar
- Mushtaq Kak as Jocker
- Gyanendra Tripathi as Captain Adil
- Sharat Sonu as Robber_1
- Alka Amin as Waheeda
- Vikram Dahiya as Krav Maga Trainer
- Sanjeev Jaiswal as Deewan
- Shivraj Walvekar as Mishra Ji
- Shadab Amjad Khan as Nawab Afridi
- Aashit Chatterjee as General Ghazi
- Pawan Kumar Jagoli as Ratan
Marketing and releaseEdit
The film shot in Kashmir, was initially scheduled to release on 15 March 2019 but then it was pushed back. With its teaser released on the occasion of the Indian Republic Day, it was scheduled to release worldwide on 12 April 2019 but later released on 5 April 2019.
The official trailer of film was released on 4 March 2019.
Going by Rotten Tomatoes, the film has scored 18% based on 11 reviews with average rating of 4.43/10. Renuka Vyavahare of Times Of India finds the climax of the film audacious and gives three stars out of five. She concludes, "RAW has its moments but is rough around the edges. The climax is audacious and you need to suspend your disbelief, if you plan to watch it." "Overall, Romeo Akbar Walter is another interesting film from John Abraham. The movie has enough twists and turns to keep you intrigued and engaged. Go for it." says Gaurang Chauhan of Times Now and gives three stars out of five. Sanyukta Thakare writing for The Free Press Journal rates the film with two and half stars out of five and says, "You would expect RAW to be an action-packed film as much as the trailer suggested, but the film is more of a drama web series that documents events one after the other, throwing in unnecessary emotional, romantic and climax more than it is required." Devesh Sharma of Filmfare giving three stars out of five says, "Watching the film is like akin to reading a John le Carré novel. You have one set of mandarins squaring off against the other with pawns being sacrificed for future advantage." Taran Adarsh finds the film 'dull' as the thriller lacks grip. He rates it with one and half star.
Romeo Akbar Walter collected ₹5 crore on its opening day pan India. Its opening weekend collection from the domestic market was ₹20.85 crore. As of 12 April 2019[update] its domestic gross is ₹36.89 crore and overseas gross ₹7.64 crore. It has grossed ₹44.53 crore worldwide.
|Romeo Akbar Walter|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||2 April 2019 |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Ankit Tiwari chronology|
|Sohail Sen chronology|
|Raaj Aashoo chronology|
|1.||"Vande Mataram"||Shabbir Ahmed||Shabbir Ahmed||Sonu Nigam, Ekta Kapoor||4:57|
|2.||"Bulleya"||Ashok Punjabi||Sohail Sen||Rabbi Shergill, Shahid Mallya||4:25|
|3.||"Jee Len De"||Murli Agarwal||Raaj Aashoo||Mohit Chauhan||4:37|
|4.||"Allah Hoo Allah"||Shabbir Ahmed||Shabbir Ahmed||Sameer Khan, Maneesh Singh, Shreyas Puranik, Jay Mehta, Mayur Sakhare, Tejas Mahure||6:37|
|5.||"Maa"||Prince Dubey||Ankit Tiwari||Ankit Tiwari||3:19|
- "Romeo Akbar Walter". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter box office collection day 1: John Abraham starrer gets moderate opening, May earn Rs 5 crore". Zeebiz. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "John Abraham's next film to be action thriller RAW: Romeo Akbar Walter". Mid Day.
- "'Original stories attract audience'". India Today.
- "John Abraham on Romeo Akbar Walter: I'd like to do patriotic movies but won't make jingoistic films". Firstpost.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter: John Abraham takes RAW to Kashmir along with Jackie Shroff". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter". BookMyShow.
- "Here's Why Sushant Singh Rajput Quits Romeo Akbar Walter". NDTV.
- "Sushant Singh Rajput quits RAW, here's what the makers have to say!". Times Now.
- "ROMEO AKBAR WALTER". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Sushant Singh Rajput's sudden exit from RAW leaves producer Bunty Walia miffed". Bollywood Hungama.
- "After Parmanu – The Story Of Pokhran, John Abraham starts shooting for Romeo Akbar Walter". Bollywood Hungama.
- "John Abraham starrer Romeo Akbar Walter to be shot in Kashmir". Bollywood Hungama.
- "John Abraham starrer Romeo Akbar Walter is all set to release on this day next year". Deccan Chronicle.
- "John Abraham's Romeo Akbar Walter finally gets a release date". Mid Day.
- "RAW Teaser: गणतंत्र दिवस पर जॉन की सलामी, इतने रूप बदल कर दिखाया देशप्रेम". Dainik Jagran.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter Teaser: जॉन अब्राहम का दिखा अनोखा अंदाज, यूट्यूब पर Video हुआ वायरल". NDTV.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter teaser: On Republic Day eve, John Abraham offers another patriotic treat. Watch video". Hindustan Times.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter teaser out: John Abraham has a Republic Day treat for fans". India Today.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter teaser: John Abraham's different 'faces' make the film look like a promising one". Times Now.
- "RAW - Romeo Akbar Walter - Official Trailer - John Abraham - Jackie Shroff - Mouni Roy". YouTube.
- Vyavahare, Renuka. "RAW Movie Review". Times of India. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Chauhan, Gaurang. "RAW Movie Review: John Abraham starrer is an effective espionage thriller that'll stay with you". Times Now. Zoom Entertainment. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Thakare, Sanyukta. "Romeo Akbar Walter Movie Review: John Abraham starrer can put you to sleep; needs more than just changing length of his beard". The Free Press Journal. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Sharma, Devesh (4 April 2019). "Movie Review: Romeo Akbar Walter". Filmfare. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Adarsh, Taran. "#OneWordReview… #RomeoAkbarWalter: DULL. Rating: ½ Interesting stories don't necessarily translate into interesting films... Half-baked writing + slow pacing play spoilsport... John, Jackie Shroff and Sikandar Kher excel... This thriller lacks thrill and grip. #RAWReview". Twitter. Taran Adarsh. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "Bollywood Top Grossers Worldwide Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Romeo Akbar Walter - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Gaana.