31 October 1981
Sikandar is the son of Kirron Kher (formerly known as "Kiran Thakar Singh"), the actress and MP, by her first husband, Gautam Berry. When he was still a toddler, his mother fell in love with the actor Anupam Kher and married him after divorcing Sikandar's father. Sikandar was permitted very little contact with his father while growing up, and was even given the surname of his mother's second husband, which he retains.
In January 2016, Sikandar got engaged to Priya Singh, daughter of Jasjit Singh and Kavita Singh. Jasjit Singh is an industrialist and the promoter of Associated Capsules. Kavita Singh is a former fashion model and the sister of Sunita Kapoor, the wife of actor Anil Kapoor. Priya's sister, Nandini, had been briefly engaged during 2015 to Tariq Premji, second son of Azim Premji. By March 2016, however, the engagement between Sikandar and Priya had been called off.
Sikandar attended his step-father, Anupam Kher's acting workshop. Thereafter he could only join the short-term 6-month National School of Drama course because he did not hold a Bachelor's degree. He is also a member of the International Film And Television Club of Asian Academy Of Film & Television, noida.
Kher got his first break in acting from producer Sanjay Gupta in the film, Woodstock Villa. The film's review by Hindustan Times said that his performance was limited by the film's screenplay and direction. On the other hand, Times of India said that he had a screen presence. CNN-IBN's Rajeev Masand, who was highly critical about the movie, said that Sikander had an "engaging presence and impressive dialogue delivery." In 9 years, Kher has acted in only six films including the Abbas-Mustan directed thriller Players which flopped at the box office and Aurangzeb starting Rishi Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor, where he played a supporting role.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2010||Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey||Nirmal Sen|
|2016||Tere Bin Laden 2||David Chaddha|
|2019||Milan Talkies||Guru Panda|
|2019||Romeo Akbar Walter||Colonel Khan|
- 24 (Indian TV series season 2) (2016) - Haroon Sherchand
- Patcy, N (2 June 2006). "Kirron ....Kher on her son, Sikander". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Sikander Kher's entry scene shot for Rs 1.5 cr". Hindustan Times. 8 May 2006. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Out of stock villa". Hindustan Times. 30 May 2006. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- Kazmi, Nikhat (30 May 2006). "Woodstock Villa - Hindi movie review". Times of India. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- Masand, Rajeev (30 May 2006). "Masand's Verdict: Woodstock Villa". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 3 June 2008.