This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Raquel Zimmermann (born May 6, 1983) is a Brazilian supermodel. Raquel was announced as a Revlon ambassador in January 2018.
Zimmermann in Carolina Herrera Fall 08
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Discovery and modeling careerEdit
Zimmermann was discovered by a scouting agency in Porto Alegre, Brazil at the age of 14 and made her way to Japan and on to Paris. Shortly thereafter, Steven Meisel booked her for the cover of Vogue Italia, September 2000, and her modelling career began in earnest.
Zimmermann has done campaigns for brands such as: Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Bloomingdales, Bottega Veneta, Cavalli jeans, Cerruti, Chanel eyewear, Chloé, Christian Dior, CK by Calvin Klein, Clairol, Dolce & Gabbana, DSquared², Emanuel Ungaro, Escada, Fendi, GAP, Gucci, Giorgio Armani, H&M, Hermès, Hugo Boss, Isabel Marant, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Lanvin, Loewe, MAC Cosmetics, Marc Jacobs, Max Mara, Moschino, Neiman Marcus, Nina Ricci, Prada, Roberto Cavalli, Shiatzy Chen, Salvatore Ferragamo, Valentino, Viktor & Rolf, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, and Zara.
She has regularly appeared in American Vogue, French Vogue, Italian Vogue, W, Harper's Bazaar, Visionaire, POP and Self Service. Zimmermann has appeared on many magazine covers, such as: Vogue (Brazil, USA, Italy, France, Japan, China, Greece, Germany, Russia), Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Numéro, L'Officiel, Marie Claire, i-D, V and French.
In the May 2007 issue of American Vogue she was featured on the cover with fellow models Doutzen Kroes, Caroline Trentini, Hilary Rhoda, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, Coco Rocha, Jessica Stam, Chanel Iman, and Lily Donaldson as one of the "World's Next Top Models." In 2008 casting agent James Scully, who is responsible for picking which model is to score a spot on top runways, said in regard to Zimmermann:
The energizer model! I think she's the only model of the last ten years who never goes out of fashion. It's as though she never ages yet gets better-looking each season. Probably the most versatile model of all, she truly could be in any show. Her professionalism rivals any model and her timeliness is equal to Cindy Crawford's, whose punctuality was legendary.
Zimmermann was ranked number one on international model ranking website models.com from December 2007 until February 2010. As of April 2011[update] she was, because of her long run on the Top 100, ranked 14 on the Top Model Icons of All Time list.
The May 2009 issue of American Vogue featured her as one of the faces of the season, alongside Liya Kebede, Lara Stone, Natasha Poly, Caroline Trentini, Jourdan Dunn, Natalia Vodianova, Anna Jagodzinska, and Isabeli Fontana.
Zimmerman was announced as a Revlon ambassador in January 2018.
- "Raquel Zimmermann - Model". Models.com. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-09-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Supermodel Raquel Zimmerman on Transcendental Meditation, TM Women Professionals, Retrieved Aug 2011
- "Raquel Zimmermann". Models.com. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- May 2007 American Vogue
- "Hit Girls". Style.com. Archived from the original on December 22, 2008.
- Herbst, Kendall (9 May 2008). "Casting Agent James Scully's All-Time Favorite Models". New York. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Raquel Zimmermann". Nymag.com. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- – Models.com – Top 50 Models – Raquel Zimmermann – Number 1 Archived 2009-01-08 at the Wayback Machine
- "Model.com's Icons — 15–11". Models.com. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- "Les 30 mannequins des années 2000". Vogue.fr. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "Raquel Zimmermann participa de "Born This Way"". Rolling Stone.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raquel Zimmermann.|